All reviews egyptian museum ramy reda downtown cairo late check small pool breakfast buffet is street noise front office room service lobby bar great room short stay special thanks comfortable stay clean rooms the location is perfect metro station
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

We spent two lovely nights in this superb hotel. Great location, only 3 minutes careful walk to Cairo Museum and 5 minutes walk to Metro station. It takes only 14 minutes to Giza to visit Pyramids. Currently prices are fantastic. Breakfast was buffet included in price. Large room with large bed. Great view to Nile.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for publishing your very nice review of your recent experience at the Steigenberger El Tahrir. We were happy to read that liked the hotel central location, the room and the view and we looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Pros: Very friendly and professional staff. Very quick service with a smile. Fast check in. Sound proof room, very clean with comfortable beds. Decent sohour from a set menu.
Managed to get a free 18:00 hs check out due to my late trip by a simple phone call of the reception.
Cons: Bit small room but did the job perfectly. Suction exhaust in the bathroom needs to be more powerful as water vapor condensates on the mirror after showering.
Dr Geddawy

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Dr. Geddawy,

We would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Steigenberger El Tahrir. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked the staff friendliness and professionalism, quick service with simile, express check in, clean and comfortable room and as well enjoyed the Sohour meal with us , however your comment about the suction exhaust efficiency is well noted.
Once again, thank you for the review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable experience.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 10, 2017

hotel location very nice
entrance and reception not that nice
staff helpful and smiling always
room so clean and comfortable
my room was 2nd floor view of Egyptian museum
really nice view at night ==========

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Haytham,

We would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Steigenberger El Tahrir. We are delighted to read that you were happy with the central location of the hotel, the reception, the staff friendliness and comfortable clean room.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable experience

Sincerely

Reviewed June 1, 2017

This is a very nice and fairly new hotel (was told it has only been open for little over a year). The hotel is centrally located about 2 blocks from the Nile River and just over a block away from the Egyptian Museum. The hotel is very secure, attractive, and very well kept. We loved our room - very comfortable and super clean. We especially loved the shower with the "rain" shower spout.
The staff was very attentive and helpful. The breakfast buffet, while not the biggest, was more than adequate. You could watch the chef cook you a made to order personal omelet. We also ate a meal in the hotel which was very nice, tasty, and reasonably priced. The swimming pool was pretty small.
If I return to Egypt, I would definitely stay here again.
Also if you are hungry for American fast food, there is a KFC and Hardees about 3 blocks away!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you on your gratifying and compassionate posting in this forum. We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations and the entire Steigenberger El Tahrir team is looking forward in welcoming you once again in the near future for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

This property is nothing short of outstanding. I cannot begin to say enough positive things about this hotel, and more particularly, its staff.

The building itself is modern and the public areas are well laid out in more importantly, spotless. When I arrived I was visibly jetlagged and I think that the same must have been obvious as the two first people that I met treated me with such patience and kindness that I would be sorely remiss if I did not acknowledge them. Firstly, the bellman Abdel Satar who took care of me at the front door when I arrived and make sure, after checking in, that I was safely in my room and needed nothing more except some sleep. At the front desk I was attended to by Ahmen Magdy who showed patience and understanding and who treated me like a relative. If first impressions are important in because of these two gentlemen the first impression, indeed, the lasting impression was to say the least outstanding.

There were a few others who should also be mentioned. When I first arrived at the front desk I asked Ahmed if some ice could be sent to my room and he obliged. For some reason or other that nominal request was somehow mislaid and when I, a few hours later, asked Ahmed what happened he was genuinely concerned as a result of that I received two or three phone calls from the room service manager genuinely apologizing. The next day the ice bucket appeared along with some fruit delivered by Kareem who was genuinely embarrassed by the oversight.

Each time I came into the lobby Abdel made a point of asking did I need anything and was there anything that he could do. I am more than satisfied that he was not seeking gratuities but rather had a genuine concern. Speaking of genuine concerns I would be remiss if I did not briefly recall an anecdote with Ahmed. I was going one evening to the bazaar area and I asked Ahmed if it was safe and what, if anything, I should avoid. He was detailed in his suggestions and then gave me his personal cell phone number and indicated that if there’s any sort of a problem whatsoever I should call him immediately.

I was part of a group that took a number of meals in the restaurant area and we were served by, among others, Ahmed Shawky. He took personal care of each one of us and he remembered each one of us in our personal preferences that he had observed. He did this with courtesy and care, and the same I think came about not only because of his genuine concern for his patrons but was also a reflection of his manager Waleed Abdelkarem. Oh, and the restaurant itself-----excellent

I would also be remiss if it I did not tell you that the room was comfortable, and of particular importance to me was (including the bathroom) absolutely spotless. The Internet worked flawlessly. If there was one drawback it was the incessant honking of the traffic outside that lasted often until 3 o’clock in the morning.

In short, would I stay there again and/or would I recommend this hotel? In a word, ‘ABSOLUTELY’!

Dear Stuball,

Many thanks for sharing your extraordinary experience at Steigenberger El Tahrir. We are humbly proud for such recognition towards our associates, hotel facilities and service and that we exceeded your expectation in all aspects of your stay and being described as outstanding. Our staff put a great deal of thought and effort into caring for our guests and it is so meaningful and motivating for them to know when they have succeeded.
Once more thank you for your glowing review which will help other travelers in selecting our property for their forthcoming visits to Cairo.
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for forthcoming visits in Cairo.