See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2016

i was left waiting in the airport for 2.5 hours for a car service (not limo) to take me to the hotel. When I checked in with Haytham, he asked me to pay more for my stay even though everything should be paid for through expedia. It was because I booked the egyptian residents rate. I did not know what this meant. He did not care that I waited 2.5 hours for a car to bring me to the hotel but he only cared about the additional money. He provided me no options and did not care that I did not sleep for 48 hours and all I wanted was a bed. He would not check me in, provided no money back, told me I can go to another hotel if I wish. He was rude and had a terrible temper. He made mistakes with the invoice and smiled with my credit card did not go through the first time. The room was okay. There was brown stains on the bed. The electrical socket was falling out of the wall in the bathroom. Hair dryer had sticky substance on the handle. The bed was not comfortable. The outside ambiance was loud. There was limited hot water. The only saving graces were the interior design is very unique. The hotel staff except for Haytham was lovely. The elevator reaches every other floor landing. Note that from 8am to 11pm, no taxis or cars can access the hotel. The hotel has this lovely roof garden that I only have seen in photos. I wish they would open this again. I wish the old owner was still there. There is charm but it was a long time ago. Someone used to care about this hotel but not anymore.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank xxaznjadeqtxx
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We had a fantastic stay here, Its right in the heart of Old Cairo and not far from the main shopping markets as well as, I highly recommend having tea on the roof in the early morning or evening.

Hotel itself wasn't too bad, facilities are great and the staff are very helpful - a lot of people have complained about breakfast - the breakfast itself was always lovely a good selection and all fresh however they seem to struggle if more than 2 of you arrive at once, we had a lot of delays getting food out on time, personally i'd avoid ordering the eggs! Wifi is patchy if you're not in the main reception, roof or breakfast room.

If I come back to Cairo i'd happily stay again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank pixie_danielle
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Hotel management was not cooperating in the rate compared to other five-star hotels expensive and exaggerated - I recommend using it instead of fairmont Hotels
The hotel is like a house of ghosts
Nor has its many visitors are also invited
We also found some bugs dead room
Archaeological Zone and wholesale but very popular to the extent that the ban should be when you leave the hotel alone

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed April 21, 2016

It was so exciting to leave the hassle of modern Cairo, choked with traffic, to enter another world in the form of Islamic Cairo, free of traffic, and with beautiful timeless buildings in a network of cobbled streets. Le Riad is situated in one of these streets and is charming and comfortable, each room individually decorated with flair and to the highest standard but with an Egyptian feel rather than an antiseptic international approach. The staff were both gentle and helpful and the breakfast delicious although a little slow. We could walk to the Khalili Market, atmospheric coffee shops and restaurants, little shops frequented by locals and the Islamic museum experiencing street life that seems unchanged from a bygone time. The hotel is a gem and I cannot imagine why one would want to stay anywhere else in Cairo.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank virginiat-r
Reviewed April 10, 2016

Tough hotel to find. Have to carry your luggage a few blocks over cobblestone roads to get there through crowds. Check in was awkward. Room was ok. Bathroom was nice big and clean luckily because I got sick shortly after eating breakfast. Internet was slow but expected for Egypt. When I went to check out they charged me extra. I considered calling the tourist police but not worth the effort. The area around the hotel is like a museum. Great area to visit but not worth staying in this hotel. Try the Marriot or novotel downtown instead. Stayed at both and both were much better with everything.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo