I'm not usually in the habit of writing reviews, but felt it would be an injustice to the hotel/hostel if I didn't on this occasion.
we've just come back from a 6 night stay, and what can I say? The early morning airport pick-up, (although somewhat delayed due to an accident) was really appreciated.
Prior to visiting, I'd been in touch with Mohammed, articulating my needs - Mohammed was always quick to respond, and we felt that we already had a friend in Cairo. At a time of so-called "turbulence" we felt very safe and secure in making travel arrangements.
We stayed in a private double (room 801) which was lovely and spacious. Although the temperature was early 30's we felt no need to turn the air con on as there was a lovely natural breeze which would enter the room from the balcony.
The hotel arranged our tour to the pyramids at a reasonable price. We were also supposed to see a couple of other places that day, but due to ill health I had to cancel. They were very understanding. They didn't pressure and try to sell further tours.
The friendliness and accommodating nature of the owners were first class. They were always tentative to our needs. At one point I had a couple of nasty mosquito bites (away from the hotel!) and Mohammed was so sweet in going out and buying my some ointment to treat them. He also exchanged our £'s for us at a much better rate than what we got ourselves at the local banks. Furthermore, as I struggled with the local food, they allowed us to use the kitchen to cook up our own meals :-)
Some other pros:
Good water pressure
Clean linen and towels
TV in room worked :-)
- Kitchen could do with a makeover
- would've liked a mirror in the room as difficult to apply makeup over the sink in the bathroom ;-)
- bathroom could've done with a shower curtain
We felt very sad when our stay came to an end, and I can honestly say, it felt like leaving behind family. Our only regret is that, we should have extended the stay to a few more nights.
Overall, I would reiterate what other reviewers have said - that if you're not looking for a 5* luxury hotel, and you enjoy hustle and bustle than this is the place for you. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers all of the comforts of home in the center of downtown Cairo. Our colorfully designed, immaculately clean rooms are equipped with A/C or fan, and some offer a spacious balcony. We invite you to enjoy breakfast on our shaded terrace overlooking the city. We offer free hot drinks throughout the day and night, so you can relax and enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cairo Moon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.