All reviewsegyptian museumegyptian stylenile rivertoursdrivertoilettaxibanksloungesoap
Reviewed March 29, 2016

We chose to stay at this hotel as it is well located in old Cairo. Four nights say will get you a free pick up at the airport which we were grateful for with our 5:30am arrival. Standard room accommodation was clean and basic with big king-size bed in pleasant room with a balcony and private toilet/bathroom, air-conditioning and complimentary breakfast (tea, boiled eggs, rolls, cheese and jam). A big plus was the friendly and helpful assistance provided by Ibrahim and Hazem who were able to organised tours to the pyramids, Nile supper and a day trip to Alexandria at better prices than on the internet. We had an excellent guide, Maha, who was very informative and always gave us options to consider. The hotel is within a block of great eating options including GAD for local food (which we loved), Illy for Italian menu, and KFC. We could also walk from here to to the Khan el Khalili bazaar - about 20 minutes! Thanks Ibrahim for helping us plan our few days in busy, bustling Cairo.

Room Tip: Ask for room 801 for big king-size bed or 802 for separate beds; both these rooms have a private balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Anthony N
Reviewed March 19, 2016

It was a quick, yet wonderful stay at Cairo Moon! The staff made us feel at home right away and were very personable and helpful. They made extra effort to make sure we were acquainted, comfortable and enjoying our time while we were in Cairo. I recommend to do a tour to the Pyramids through Cairo Moon! Maha, our guide, was wonderful! She was extremely knowledgeably, funny and kind.

If you are looking for a convenient, cheap and cozy place to stay, Cairo Moon is the place for you!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melinda M
Reviewed February 20, 2016

It is a basic hotel with basic amenities you need but best of all is the hospitality. The staff at this hotel is excellent. Mohammed and Ibrahim give you the best advice on where to go, where to eat, what to buy, ect. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Talaat Harb and Tahrir Square are a very brief walk from the hotel.
I had a marvelous stay in Cairo at Cairo Moon Hotel. I absolutely recomend this hotel for friends or family travel. Very good experience.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank nawel m
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

Ask for Ibrahim who was courteous and helpful. The hospitality was pleasant. I felt safe in Egypt the whole time. Ibrahim put together an affordable program for me that included amazing sites in both Cairo and Luxor. I definitely hope to visit again someday soon. Thank you all again for the wonderful experience.
Kind regards,
Andrew Bradley

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank 4thepe0ple
Reviewed October 6, 2015

I was picked up by Mohamed for free from my other hotel. We discussed Egyptian politics, sights in Cairo, and other things over coffee at the hotel.

The room was very spacious, and looked lived in. It was like being in an old apartment, with wonderful views from my personal balcony. I also had no issues with the wifi. However, I should point out that the shower has no curtain and is fairly small, so expect the bathroom to get wet while you shower (the water pressure, temperature, etc. was perfectly fine).

Talaat Harb and Tahrir Square are a very brief walk from the hotel, as is Khan el Khalili in Islamic Cairo. I never had to take taxis anywhere because I enjoyed walking around Cairo so much. Zamalek is also very easy to access.

The hotel is surrounded by fantastic shopping, amazing shisha and delicious, affordable restaurants. And again, the staff could not be any more helpful or friendly.

There was only one unfortunate experience, and that was when I was being dropped off at the airport when I was leaving. I had forgotten to look up what terminal I was flying out of, so my driver asked a security guard at the airport. The security guard told him my airline leaves from terminal 3, when in fact it actually leaves from terminal 1. I ended up having to quickly hail another taxi so I would not miss my flight. So, don't be like me and forget to look up the terminal.

I cannot recommend this hotel any more, because you are really made to feel like you are at home. You can also expect some truly delicious coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo