“If you need a close friend by your side in Egypt, Ayman is the person for you!”

Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide
Ranked #34 of 285 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It will be my great pleasure to tour with you our beloved country. Please feel free to contact me 24/7. What's app me 24 /7 on the mentioned number for inquiries and quick reply. All of the tours are customized to your interest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I went for a tour of the pyramids in Jan 2012. Ayman started off as our English speaking guide. Later we felt that he more of a close friend. Extremely punctual, polite and professional is how I would describe Ayman. The catch with Egypt is that the only language known to locals/educated people is Arabic and life can get difficult. With Ayman, not only does he describe the historical importance of the various places from an Egyptologist / archaeologist point of view, he also helps in negotiating at various shops for purchase of any Egypt goodies. The feather on the cap for me was Ayman's knowledge of hieroglyphy. Reading the various heiroglyphs at Dahsur/Memphis/Saqqara/Alexandria were unforgettable moments etched in my life.

2  Thank DeepakChennai07
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

It was a great pleasure meeting you and touring with you and hope I'll see you again over here.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I did a tour with 2 other friends with Ayman in April of 2010. I was lazy and never wrote a review. I recently returned from another trip where I used a guide. This guide was not very good and reminded me how great Ayman was. I remember he took time to get to know us, was very knowledgeable and tried to tailer our tour to our interests. He also did a lot of little things that our last guide did not. For example, when we would stop to talk about something he tried to find a bit of shade! Believe me shade is a wonderful thing in Cairo. He was also a pretty good photographer and was familiar with modern digital cameras (again unlike our most recent guide). His English was excellent and he protected us from beggars.

If I ever go back to Cairo I will definitely use his services again. His tour was the best part of our trip to Cairo.

3  Thank jdhale

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We opted for two day-tours with Ayman after reading previous reviews on tripadvisor and from looking at his website. We were very happy with our tour and the praise by previous reviewers was accurate and well deserved! My own background is in archaeology (with only basic knowledge of Dynastic mortuary architecture and ritual) and I was rather adamant to find a competent guide with solid knowledge of the various site complexes/mortuary ritual and excavation histories.

Ayman led us around the various parts of the archaeological sites/mosques and always took the time to answer our questions. He competently explained the function of the various site components, including archaeological history and interpretations as well as the efforts of preserving the structures. He's very flexible and we had all time we wanted to look around, observe and ask questions – if you choose to visit three or four sites on one and the same day, then, naturally, you might not have.

We also felt that Aymd had our best interests in mind - be it in working out a decent price over some postcards at Saqqara, keeping the more aggressive souvenir sellers at bay or inviting us for a snack and tea. Ayman’s driver, Mohammad, got us effortlessly and safely through Cairo’s crazy traffic. He's absolute class for feeding the dogs at Saqqara and also invited us to a glass of sugar cane juice at Giza.

So, the inevitable conclusion is that I would highly recommend Aman's services - in particular to those with a sincere interest in Egypt’s people, archaeological past and architectural history.

Thank you, Ayman!

2  Thank tmatt15

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I decided to spend our last holiday in Egypt, and we booked a daily tour with Ayman for our second day there to go see the great pyramid, saqqara and memphis.

Ayman was flexible with our travel needs because we wanted to do the pyramids first, and then saqqara and memphis. So, while other guides told us that they would do it in the opposite order Ayman told us that he could do in the order we wanted.

The trip was very good, and I highly recommended it. The pyramids and saqqara were great but memphis is just a small open museum without much to see. We took many amazing pictures, and I wish we had taken even more.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Ayman was more than just a guide . He looked after my daughter and me like we were family. Before the tour began I wanted to visit the Coptic Cairo neighborhood by myself and he offered to go with me, without charge. I declined his kind offer so he wrote out a complete page of detailed directions on how to go from the Hilton to the Coptic area and left them at the front desk. This is all before the agreed tour date began. Ayman had a large breadth of knowledge about everything we visited based of his graduate work. He was prompt, always friendly, and professional. He was recommended to us by friends who couldn't say enough great things about him. We agree wholeheartedly.

1  Thank Shirley A