“Favourite Hotel in Cairo”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #14 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Having lived in Cairo for business I know the city well and have been returning once a month of late for business reasons and staying here.The revolution has meant a total lack of overseas visitors which is so different to last year. The staff now outnumber all guests with European or US visitors totally missing.Nevertheless its high standards are maintained to excellent levels in all departments.The staff are friendly at all times and security very reassusring with its immeditae proximity to Tahrir Square.The saddest aspect is the emptiness at night in the restaurants with the Birdcage Thai the exception.
Its food and service are consistently good and a place to bring clients and visitors all leaving with plaudits as to its quality.I love also being greeted by all the staff by name.
Rooms are excellent and faultless with the IT connection as a challenge and their IT support next to useless - " it should work" was the last response I got before he hung up - it didnt !
Minibars great and stocked daily - laundry fantastic and too good to wear as like new.
Limo service can be crazy prices if you dont know better - taxis just down street are better option but haggle - they consider charging tourists 3 times normal rate is reasonable. Its still peanuts however.
Check in very slow even with nobody else there to check in and bill all paid by company who use hotel a lot - check out quick.
Will always use this hotel as its so close to my office but would like the IT to be a bit friendlier in resolving start up problems.

Room Tip: Rooms are first class
1  Thank lewis54321
ICSemiramis, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Dear Mr. Lewis,

Thank you very much for your post on trip advisor and for sharing your stay experiences at the Semiramis InterContinental.
It is an honour to read that our hotel is your favourite in Cairo and It is always a great pleasure to welcome you again and again at the Semiramis Hotel where no effort will be spared to make your stay a successful on and up to your expectations.
I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused to you by the IT . Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the IT team in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@ihg.com] and I would like to have the chance to welcome you in person on your coming stay.

Marc Lambert

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 10 July 2011

This was a great hotel. The only problem I had with hotel was that the concierge service was not that great. We tried to get tickets for the sleeper train to aswan and had asked for their help. They said they could get them for us but at the last second they said they could not get them for us. We were able to get them on our on. The cafe in the lobby had the best croissant and coffee I have every had.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Dear cprops,

Thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor.
It was a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused to you by the concierge . Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the concierge team in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@ihg.com], and I am looking forward to welcome you again in the near future, where no effort will be spared to make your stay enjoyable and unforgettable.

Marc Lambert

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Semiramis Inter-Continental Cairo is my first choice when i go to Cairo for business or for pleasure with It's nice view from two sides you can chose a Nile view and you spend he night or what ever you can to hear the people celebrations near you all the night or the city side and you can see one of the more famous and crowded point of downtown that they call it Maidan Altahreer or Al Tahreer square.
The people here is friendly I have to admit that they are very friendly and all of them trying to make my stay in the hotel fruitfulness and full enjoyment.
The front desk supervisor and the club floor manager two of the most professional people that I met in the hotel, They really made me feel as in home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
marclambert, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Mr. AlQatabi,

Thank you very much (Shokran Gazeelen) for your post on trip advisor and for sharing your stay experiences at the Semiramis InterContinental; it is an honour to read that our hotel is your preferred destination in Cairo in case of business or leisure.

I will sure pass on your comments to Nevien Farouk, our Guest Relations Manager as well as Reception team.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@ihg.com] and I wish to welcome you again and again at the Semiramis where no effort will be spared to make you enjoy, as usual, the InterContinental experience in Cairo.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed in the Semiramis for three days and it was a really pleasant experience.
The location is great. The rooms are spacious and feature all the little things you may need. If you are too tired/lazy to move the hotel also features a couple of good quality restaurants and the breakfast buffet is great.
I can only recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Benodon
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Located on the Nile in the city within 5 mins walk from the wonderful National Museum. Views from our room were wonderful, service and response to requests second to none. On a non-smoking floor, smelt cigarette smoke, rang - problem was immediately dealt with. Rooms were high quality - took the Club package - excellent value. Free wi-fi - wish more hotel would provide. Would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank darwintravellers
marclambert, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear Ms. Darwintra,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed the location, the room and the service.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@ihg.com]and I wish to meet you and your partner upon your coming visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Loved the hotel location and staff. I would definitely return. We stayed at the club level and the food was just adequate.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank xcapeohio

Dear Mr. Xcapeohio,

Thank you very much for your review and I hope that you and your family did enjoy your stay during June. I will pass on your message Club Lounge team.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager and I am looking forward to welcome you again at the Semiramis InterContinental.

My best regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I travel to Cairo frequently and have for the last seven years. Teh Semiramis has the best service of any hotel I hav estayed in on the past 10 years. The Staff on the executive floor are friendly, efficient and aleays willing to do whatever it takes to solve any issue. Prices and food are excellant and the atmosphere is cordial and homey.

Room Tip: Ambassador Club
3  Thank wallace1944
marclambert, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear wallace1944,

Thank you very much for your post. It is always a pleasure to welcome you again and again at the Semiramis Hotel where no effort will be spared to make your stay a successful on and up to your expectations. I will pass your comment to our Guest Relations and Club Lounge team to rely your nice words.