“Semiramis”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #13 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Thanx for all lma waslt el ast2bal kan 7alw gadn wa el room Kant nadefa gadn wa moghza mn kol 7aga el ftar kan zaref awiii wa ka3t el 7aflat to7fa wa el 7'dma Kant very good fa3ln I was happy bagd thanx for all staff in hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Marc L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Dear Remon M,

It was my pleasure reading (after I got your Francoarab script translated into English :) that you and your friends enjoyed the InterContinental experience; the room, food, banquet room and service.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to the Semiramis in the near future.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Cairo Semiramis

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I spend a good night there with my friends .. i enjoyed my prom in cleopatra ballroom with an excellent service and staff .
check in and check out was friendly , smiling and speed .
rooms were clean and great .
Hotel staff in general are professional and friendly
Semiramis will be always our favorite hotel in cairo / egypt .

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny special suites on nile view

Dear ahmed s,

It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed the stay and the prom that took place in The Cleopatra ballroom.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed many times at Semiramis and I always have the same feedback: Rooms are spacious and clean, staff are friendly and helpfull but the food is so so. I guess i have a problem with food in Egypt in general, so maybe its more personal than against the hotel. I go there for business but it looks like more a touristic hotel than a business one. However, in general it is a good one.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pia a

Dear Pia a,

It was my pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your business trip in June 2011.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Visited Cairo for 4 days mid April and we were given a room on the 9th floor with an amazing view of the Nile River. The room is spacious and the King sized bed had the most comfortable mattress and down pillows! I had the most restful sleep after a day of touring. The hotel has a Thai restaurant (Bird Cage) that had delicious food that we had dinner there twice. Security is tight because everyone, including guests, are thoroughly checked every time we enter the hotel. The breakfast buffet has mediterranean, arabic and continental fare and it was delicious! The breads are freshly baked, the fruit juices are natural, and the staff is quick to respond to your needs. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Cairo

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mitzel

Dear Mitzel,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager (marc.lambert@ihg.com) and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

It was my pleasure reading that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel during April.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

just came from a great weekend in Semiramis
helpful staff, sooooooooooooooooo friendly and smiling
well furnished , stunning Nile view
all the possible room amenities
great food
highly recommended .............

Room Tip: Nile view is definitely recommended it is sunny in the morning and romantic by night time ;)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear cherinelnahas,

It was my pleasure reading that you and spouse enjoyed your stay experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Visited in mid march, 2012. Great hotel and even better location. Similar hotel in New York would cost over $500 a night. Service was impeccable, rooms were spacious and clean with beautiful views of the Nile. Great sunset pictures. As part of two couples who look non-Egyptian, we walked to restaurants, Egyptian museum, and along the Nile and felt completely safe. Tahir square was right behind the hotel. Most sites in Egypt are relatively empty making sightseeing a pleasurable experience. Truly an optimal time to visit and this hotel is where I would stay again if in Cairo.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Marc L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear DaveJody,

It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our hotel during March.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I must start off my thanking Violette and Bassam for their extreme professionalism and helpfulness upon check-in. These two people were a great start to the holiday. The Semiramis is right on the Nile River and we were up on the 25th floor. It was loud from the street noise even way up there. But once the sliding glass door was closed, it was quiet. Room Service was good but a bit slow. I was having trouble with the adapter on my laptop and they were quite helpful in helping me get one quickly. The whole place was a delight including the Thai restaurant (the Birdcage?) The whole experience could have been worse if i hadn't been greeted upon check-in by Violette and Bassam.

Room Tip: A room facing the Nile.

Dear lucasebandera,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I will sure pass your message to both Violette and Bassam as well as the birdcage crew.