Free cancellation until 27/07
US$157
US$152
Trip.com
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$191
US$130
US$252
US$195
Fairmont.com
1,652 results
All reviewsnile viewtahrir squarebird cageegyptian museumthai restaurantthe club loungeroom servicemini barbusiness tripguest relationsbreakfast buffet isexcellent hotelbusiness centerspecial thankssabayabirdcagevino
Reviewed June 28, 2012

nice hotel but little expensive. You can find many resturants at the hotel and you can enjoy also at the casino.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Marc L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear feysalt,

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is huge but, the lobby and the security is a put off. The staff at the check-in could be more friendlier, the bathrooms need updating. Even though there were hardl many guests there, they refuse to upgrade our room to nile view. There was a "co-operate/business" like atmosphere there, where I did not feel valued. On plus side the holtel is at the heart of cairo and we could go to all the attraction easily and cheaply.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear rahman352,

Reading through your comments, I do apologize for not being able to deliver the InterContinental Experience during your stay in the hotel, where our guests are our main interest .

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your partner back to the Semiramis, where no effort will be spared to make your next stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was staying at the club floor during a business trip to Cairo and MUST say that the staff at the 18. th floor is beyond fantastic. All are kind, helpful, patient, and create perfect sorroundings needed on a business trip.
I warmly recommend Semiramis with its dedicated staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear allan S,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay t the hotel during your business trip.

I will certainly pass your comment to the Club Lounge team.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed in 1 month ago with my wife and kid for 3 nights!!
The experience from arrival till departure was very unpleasant.
starting with the NO smoking sign!! and everyone is smoking everywhere!!! even at the lobby!! and reception check in!! there was a man smoking and cause he is a guest no one dared to tell him to put it off!!
breakfast was a disaster!
the hotel became extremely poor!!
i am Egyptian by the way.. and i know how this hotel was like before now.. its extremely POOR!!
Room view is nice specially the nile view, rooms are small, but clean.
i would recommend Marriott or Sofitel el gazeera
PLUS!! to eat or drink in any of the restaurants!! is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for no good reason!!
and if i didnt pay cash or credit card! i.e. if you let them add the bill to the room! they add 3%!!!!
one more thing!! i gave the laundry my brand new shirt to iron it came back with a blue pen marking the shirt's pocket..well to be honest they cleaned it after i bashed them!! but still!! why would i give them a new shirt and they give it back to be marked!!

Room Tip: if you still insist on going, choose a nile view to feel the difference
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear kabouzeid,

Reading through your message, I would like to apologize to you for not being able to deliver the InterContinental Experience during your May stay in the hotel.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis in the near future where all effort will be exerted to make your coming stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Against all recommendations, I decided to visit Cairo between the 12th and 16th of June 2012. EVERYTHING you see on TV is false, the city is very, very safe and friendly for tourists and i felt that in the hotel as well.

I specifically chose the Semiramis as it was behind Tahrir Square and on the nile road, so if i needed a quick getaway I can just hail a cab on the road and head to a safer place; but i never needed to do that since nothing remotely dangerous was happening in the area.

The hotel is staffed with very friendly, professional and welcoming staff. Check in was a breeze and the room amazing. I should mention that I got a free upgrade to a nile-view room on a high floor before I arrived to the hotel, so this was a major plus. However, as a lone traveller I would've expected a king/queen size bed, but was given two queen sized beds instead. Ah well, can't complain really.

Breakfast was part of the package and it was just delicious to say the least. The shisha cafe was also pretty good and had excellent food, shisha and overall ambiance.

I highly, highly recommend a trip to Egypt and a stay at this hotel, which is within walking distance to Tahrir Square and Talaat Harb street, a major street-shops area that is very busy at night.

Thank you, Semiramis, for the wonderful accommodation.

Room Tip: Chose a room on a high floor so you can sleep at night as the nile road can be quite noisy at night (Thankfully though, the curtains come with some sort of grey sound-proofing material that keeps the light and noise out for a very comfortable sleep).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mounir S

Dear Mounir S,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Cairo during June 2012.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to the Semiramis in the near future.