“The Place to Stay”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #13 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Location! Location! Location!
This is the hotel for convenience. Then take the Meridian's boat on the Nile. Book your Nile trip when you get to Cairo-much cheaper. (Unless it is Eid holiday and the boats will be all sold -out).
I tell everyone to stay here.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GloriaMunday
Marc L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Gloria Munday,

Thank you very much ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com. It was my pleasure reading that you and your family enjoyed the stay at our hotel in March.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Cairo Semiramis

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I found myself in Egypt right bang in the middle of the riots last month. Having a safe place to stay was quite important. From what i understand this property is one of the best in Egypt. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous (especially in the Club Lounge) and the rooms clean and spacious. Thank goodness for their well equipped gym (also a female only gym) and large outdoor pool when taking refuge from the chaos and not so clean streets outside.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear AnneliseP,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your friends enjoyed your June- stay at our hotel.

I will pass your comments to the Executive Lounge team as well as the Health Club.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

1- The room was amazing with an excellent nile view ... the room is wide, nice and modern.

2- the food in general is excellent with varities of choices (Middle Eastern, Western and Far Eastern).

3- the swimming pool is small in comparison to the hotel in general and the service is a bit slow.

4- the hotel location is in the heart and soul of cairo close to every historical location.

5- the check in and reception service is fast and professional.

Room Tip: Choose room at a high floor with a nile view).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ahmed-allam79

Dear Ahmed-allam79,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you and your family enjoyed staying at our hotel in June.

I will pass your message to the our Chef and Reception.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I recently spent a few nights in The Intercontinental Semiramis in Cairo and a had a wonderful time. Everything was taken care of for me from the bellhop on. I had pre-booked a room online and check-in was easy and painless. My room was a deluxe Nile room view with balcony and I wasn't disappointed. I was on the 10th floor and found it adequate for the noise and inevitable car horns that honk with no end in Cairo. I had a king size bed and the sheets and pillows were great, I overslept the first night because I was so comfortable. Being Egypt, the sheets were fine cotton. The room was spacious with a bed, desk, reading chair with footstool and side table. There was an in-room safe and mini bar, coffee, huge closet, A/C, TV. It was everything I would have expected from a five star hotel. My only complaint would have been not having a mini-fridge outside of the mini bar itself. The bathroom was also very comfortable with toilet, be dais, sink with a lot of space and shower/tub. Amenities were included, soaps, robes, slippers, again incredible large cotton towels. I have to comment on the shower in that it was one of the best showers I have taken. The water pressure and volume were astounding and the head was mounted where a tall person doesn't have to lean over. The shower was welcome after long days in Cairo sightseeing. The hotel has a pool, I saw lots of people out there during the day. There are many shops and services available like laundry, banking, and a full business center which I also used the services of. The Hotel has several options for dining and I ate at three of them. Sabaya, a Lebanese restaurant, The Birdcage is Thai and was fantastic, and Pana Vino was Italian. At night they set the tables up around the pool and options to eat outside are available as are room service from any of the restaurants. There were other restaurants and cafes as well but this was all that I ate. All three were exceptional in price and quality. There is a small casino on the property with roulette and blackjack and slots, stays open twenty four hours. Transportation is convenient at the hotel as well. The Cairo metro stop is at Tahrir Square just one block away. Cabs are lined up outside on the street. It is on a very desirable location on the corniche overlooking Zamalek and the Nile. The main shopping streets are within a few blocks in all directions. The Semiramis would be my first choice when in Cairo again

Room Tip: Get a deluxe Nile room view or get as high as you can for views over Cairo. If traffic noise bothers...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert c,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Semiramis in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

nice hotel but little expensive. You can find many resturants at the hotel and you can enjoy also at the casino.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear feysalt,

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel is huge but, the lobby and the security is a put off. The staff at the check-in could be more friendlier, the bathrooms need updating. Even though there were hardl many guests there, they refuse to upgrade our room to nile view. There was a "co-operate/business" like atmosphere there, where I did not feel valued. On plus side the holtel is at the heart of cairo and we could go to all the attraction easily and cheaply.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear rahman352,

Reading through your comments, I do apologize for not being able to deliver the InterContinental Experience during your stay in the hotel, where our guests are our main interest .

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your partner back to the Semiramis, where no effort will be spared to make your next stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was staying at the club floor during a business trip to Cairo and MUST say that the staff at the 18. th floor is beyond fantastic. All are kind, helpful, patient, and create perfect sorroundings needed on a business trip.
I warmly recommend Semiramis with its dedicated staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear allan S,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager, marc.lambert@ihg.com and I would like to thank you ‘Shokran Gazeelen’ for your review on the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo. It was my pleasure reading that you enjoyed your stay t the hotel during your business trip.

I will certainly pass your comment to the Club Lounge team.