2,699 results
All reviews old palace zamalek tower suez canal country kitchen garden cafe palace built harry's pub the executive lounge main building beautiful hotel an oasis zamalek island business center nile view large hotel special thanks breakfast buffet is
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As background I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member - so I've stayed at many Marriott hotels around the world and am used to getting something in exchange for my loyalty to Marriott.
We stayed as a family of 4 (2 younger kids ages 10 and 8) during a recent holiday in Egypt.
- check-in/out was good, got upgraded to a room in an executive floor a few floors away from the lounge, no hassle for having 4 people in the double room,
- "at your service" was prompt - quickly sending up extra towels on request,
- room was spacious, with a balcony overlooking the nile,
- lounge was large and staff were very good/helpful. free wi-fi in the lounge (only wired access in room), good breakfast with made to order eggs, great evening meal at around 17:30,
- pool was good, kids enjoyed it.
Overall a good location that worked well for us.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom S
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Sir,

We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your last stay in Cairo and thank you for sharing your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The facility looks nice at arrival, but....the rooms are small (even on the executive, elite members floor, the bathroom...looks like from the late 70s, waited 3 days to get my sleepers, not mentioning the second bathrobe- 4 days).
The breakfast menu is very limited, maybe OK for a 3 star facility. The service at the executive lounge and Omar cafe - great, excellent.
The Egyptian nights restaurants may surprise you even more - they do NOT change dirty table cloth on the table, very careless staff, mediocre food - is this a 5 star service ?? LOL
Rooms do not have wifi, so if you have new laptop, all you can do, go to work in the lobby or executive lounge- but...there is no one who can tell you that executive lounge has WiFi!
At checking I was informed that my rate does NOT include internet access - without the proof of reservation with that detail, you must pay twice.
The most common word at the hotel is; sorry. The sorry hotel. Am sorry I stayed there.

The taxi guys recommended by the hotel will charge you 4-5 times more than a metered taxi.

Room Tip: good for those looking for a youth hostel - will be pleasantly surprised
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in Cairo for business and a conference (held at the hotel, actually), and it was pretty OK. The hotel is extremely well located, and the facilities are fine.

I stayed on one of the Executive Floors (17). Rooms are smallish but well equipped, with tea/coffee in the room and a basket of fresh fruit on arrival. Stayed three days. Cannot complain about the room, the bed (very comfortable), the overall atmosphere.

But had niggling issues. While checkin in, had to wait half-an-hour in line in the dedicated Elite check-in counter, because non-Marriott-Elite members feel free to use the Elite check-in counter, and no one at the check-in says anything. This was annoying. It was exactly the same at check-out. Honestly, from all the Marriotts I had been to, this waqs easily the worst check-in and check-out experience. That's Cairo I guess?

One other beef. If you a stay at one of the Executive Floor rooms, you have to (HAVE TO, no questions) have your breakfast at the Executive Floor Lounge on the 18th Floor. This breakfast spread is pathetic compared to what you get downstairs at the Omar Khayyam place downstairs – that every one gets. This is sad. I ate breakfast downstairs without knowing the first day, and on the second morning was told that I was really only meant to use the 18th Floor facility. The Exec Floor breakfast spread is a charade compared to what you get downstairs. I had to argue, go and have a word with people at check-in (and Elite) to beg, plead and argue over breakfast. Finally I was advised : Next time, just ask for a normal floor, and you'll get breakfast downstairs! Nice up-sell! Well done Marriott Cairo!

Would I stay here again? Yes. Probably because our company seems to always book us in there. And probably because other than breakfast rules that are stupid, it's a great place, after all.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that all what came in your review will be put it into our consideration, we only improve with our guests valuable comments. We would welcome discussing any of your concerns in much more detail to make sure your upcoming visit is a complete satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me on emy.elshourbagi@marriott.com

Thanking you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back for a more rewarding experience at the Palace.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Marriot Omar Khayyam is an exceptional hotel... the rooms, the ambience, the variety of food in restuarants is outstanding. The hotel has a great location, but sadly close to where most of the disruptions and civic unrest takes place.. hence not ideal in the current circumstances.

Room Tip: Try to get a Nile facing room!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cic92

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. Our hotel is blessed for its significantly unique location on an island on the Nile. The Zamalek area, where the Cairo Marriott is located, is considered to be one of the safest and most secure areas around the city of Cairo. We have remained remote from any disruptions even during the worst times of the revolution. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future for a more rewarding experience.

Kind regards.

Customer Care

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Considering price, room size, bed & bedding quality, position, gardens, pool size (Almost Olympic) and most of all service I think this is the best hotel in Cairo. North tower rooms with views facing South are the best. The rooms in the South Tower have not to my knowledge been renovated, are in need of renovation and therefore less satisfactory, but these are usually assigned to business travelers not tourists. However specifiy North Tower room with view facing South over the pool, gardens and Nile on high floor- exceptional. Service is legendary at this hotel. The Oscar restaurant buffet night (usually Tuesday) is excellent as is their alla carte service on other nights. Italian restaurant Il Palio is excellent but over priced for Cairo. Egyptian food in the garden restaurant is excellent. There are many fine restaurants in Zamalek on the other side of the main thoroughfare walking North. When I stayed there in November & December the large heated pool was always empty or almost empty ( 1 or 2 People). Bank is hotel open 24 hours/day. 20 minute walk to the Egyptian Museum. Ceramic Museum is just behind the hotel. Beautiful quiet gardens are an oasis in chaotic Cairo. After a hectic day of sightseeing with all the traffic of Cairo it was always a great pleasure to arrive back at the hotel and enjoy the peace and quiet. Book on Marriott site and at least 30 days before arrival and you'll get a 40 % discount usually. Excellent relationship Price/Quality

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo