Conveniently located in Zamalek, the Cairo Marriott is a beautiful palace with several restaurants, a swimming pool, a decent gym and a wonderful garden. Cairo is a crazy city, hot, dirty and noisy. Staying at this hotel gives you a chance to appreciate the city by providing an oasis of quiet in Egyptian chaos, so much that you don't really feel like leaving the hotel. Food is good, at least in the restaurants I tried, staff is extremely friendly and efficient (except during breakfast at Omar's Café, don't know why), rooms are very nice yet noisy. I have to say I was quite shocked to notice how many prostitutes operate in this hotel (and unfortunately, I could hear their performances right next door). I do recommend this hotel, having a mango juice in the garden is a truly wonderful experience and the beauty of the original palace alone (as opposed to the ugly extensions) deserves a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt hotels, Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino sits in the Zamalek area and is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel in Cairo rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo