“Oasis in Zamalek”

Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Strikingly beautiful hotel -- especially the main building that was the heart of last King's palace.

Outstanding service and staff.

Mina M. and Mina N. at the front desk were especially welcoming and helpful.

I am eager to return.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor to get the best vistas.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank JGalt99
Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I came to Cairo to meet my husband who was here on business. An American woman traveling alone while my husband wS at work. For three days I traveled with Wagih who was arranged through the hotel. He is an Egyptologists with a Masters from Alexandria University. Impeccable service and three wonderful days. In the afternoon I was by the pool and was attended by Saber Hamdy, again impeccable service. They were both happy to be doing their jobs and really enjoyed what they were doing. You could tell by the level of service. I was not expecting this and they made my stay in CIro memorable and special. This trip was fabulous and this hotel was a find. I will be back to explore some more

Room Tip: Views on the Nile
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sjergenstc4
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely place that managed to maintain its level of quality and services over the years..the place is simply a palace... food is great , service is first class, prices are sometimes over the top, casino is a miniature but this is not the main purpose of being there in the first place...simply the best in Cairo after almost having tried everything else...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ahmed E
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I had a week long all-day business meetings last July.

I didn't use neither accommodation, nor meeting facilities, only the lobby lounge and Som3a Basha Lounge and restaurant at the ground floor, for 5 consecutive days throughout the whole day.

Food quality is excellent, service is quick and impeccable. It's a bit overpriced, yet the quality of service and food makes up for that.

Yet, I was terribly astonished to find prostitutes present on daily basis in late afternoon and evening, especially in Som3a Basha lounge in restaurant! They were clearly hitting on Gulf residents at the hotel! They were clearly prostitutes from attire and attitude and it does not need an expert to realize that they're prostitutes!

I was really astonished and annoyed to find a hotel of such quality and brand name allowing prostitutes in! As I mentioned earlier, they were clearly and easily recognized!

Other than the presence of prostitutes, my meetings went very well.

Room Tip: I don't think it's good for families, not serious business people.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AmrBadran
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

It was the best experience in Egypt all was perfect from room service to friendly staff to amazing view and
sure food was amazing and the reservation manager is the best man
the big thank you goes for Mr Mahrous Thamarat because definetly you are the major success of the Mariot hotel you made my every stay
exceptional
couple of days and will meet you again for my 9th visit for this year
many thanks and keep it up
Ahmad shaaban

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank hananshaaban
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This place and staff are amazing. We were welcomed immediately from the beginning to end. Everyone was accommodating. We had a view of the Nile and city. In would recommend it to everyone who plans on visiting Egypt.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel twice during our recent trip to Egypt. Sadly both times we had poor service, not only in the restaurants but at the Front desk too. On our second stay we also had a group that were staying next door to us who would sleep all day and party all night, and we complained numerous times but nothing was done about it. Suffice to say we were exhausted getting on the plane to endure the lengthy trip back to Australia.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha K
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Samantha K,

Thank You to sharing your valuable feedback with us. we fully understand your comments and we shared them with our front office management team.
We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards