2,722 results
All reviews old palace zamalek tower suez canal country kitchen promenade cafe garden restaurant the executive lounge main building beautiful hotel an oasis zamalek island business center nile view breakfast buffet is egyptian museum special thanks egyptian pounds
Reviewed September 21, 2017

I came to Cairo to meet my husband who was here on business. An American woman traveling alone while my husband wS at work. For three days I traveled with Wagih who was arranged through the hotel. He is an Egyptologists with a Masters from Alexandria University. Impeccable service and three wonderful days. In the afternoon I was by the pool and was attended by Saber Hamdy, again impeccable service. They were both happy to be doing their jobs and really enjoyed what they were doing. You could tell by the level of service. I was not expecting this and they made my stay in CIro memorable and special. This trip was fabulous and this hotel was a find. I will be back to explore some more

Room tip: Views on the Nile
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sjergenstc4
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place that managed to maintain its level of quality and services over the years..the place is simply a palace... food is great , service is first class, prices are sometimes over the top, casino is a miniature but this is not the main purpose of being there in the first place...simply the best in Cairo after almost having tried everything else...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Ahmed E
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I had a week long all-day business meetings last July.

I didn't use neither accommodation, nor meeting facilities, only the lobby lounge and Som3a Basha Lounge and restaurant at the ground floor, for 5 consecutive days throughout the whole day.

Food quality is excellent, service is quick and impeccable. It's a bit overpriced, yet the quality of service and food makes up for that.

Yet, I was terribly astonished to find prostitutes present on daily basis in late afternoon and evening, especially in Som3a Basha lounge in restaurant! They were clearly hitting on Gulf residents at the hotel! They were clearly prostitutes from attire and attitude and it does not need an expert to realize that they're prostitutes!

I was really astonished and annoyed to find a hotel of such quality and brand name allowing prostitutes in! As I mentioned earlier, they were clearly and easily recognized!

Other than the presence of prostitutes, my meetings went very well.

Room tip: I don't think it's good for families, not serious business people.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank AmrBadran
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

It was the best experience in Egypt all was perfect from room service to friendly staff to amazing view and
sure food was amazing and the reservation manager is the best man
the big thank you goes for Mr Mahrous Thamarat because definetly you are the major success of the Mariot hotel you made my every stay
exceptional
couple of days and will meet you again for my 9th visit for this year
many thanks and keep it up
Ahmad shaaban

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank hananshaaban
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This place and staff are amazing. We were welcomed immediately from the beginning to end. Everyone was accommodating. We had a view of the Nile and city. In would recommend it to everyone who plans on visiting Egypt.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelaw332