2,672 results
All reviews old palace zamalek tower suez canal country kitchen garden cafe palace built the executive lounge main building beautiful hotel an oasis zamalek island business center nile view special thanks egyptian museum egyptian pounds four seasons
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Problems started at checkin where there were plenty of staff and short lines but no one seemed to be able to get anything done efficiently. Manager and staff worked hard to ignore those in the queues and persisted in their conversations seemingly oblivious to basic expectations for customer service.

The room I was assigned was awful. The non-smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke. The room looked like it hadn't been updated in 20 years. The carpet and bed spread were dirty. Gross.

I asked to be moved. It only took 1.5 hrs.

The next room in the new tower was totally different and a pleasure to be in.

The gym is being renovated so the machines are in a sequence of small rooms by the pool. Took ages to find the gym. There's a water fountain but no bottled water. Hours are limited.

Customer service through the stay was erratic and generally quite poor.

Certainly falls below international standards as a hotel. I'd avoid this place if you can.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cgr
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. we fully understand your feelings . our hotel management is currently taking actions regarding your comments.
we kindly ask you for more details to enable us to make sure such challenges never occur again. we will soon contact you to get more details about your stay.
Best Regards

Reviewed September 30, 2017

A very large (two towers) luxury hotel, small lobby but spacious nice rooms. Very friendly service. The best thing about the hotel is its location directly at the banks of the Nile river with plenty of restaurants around.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr. ROGR813,

Thank you for selecting Cairo Marriott Hotel and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Have stayed here many, many times, always loved it.
Upon checking in this visit, was put in the wrong room, wrong floor. After being told it would take an hour many times, 4 hours later we were put into a room we thought with the description we reserved, as always. Unpacked and then realized the bed was not a king size bed, but stayed anyway. The woman concierge was unfriendly, looked stressed, bothered and completely care-free about our situation each time we saw her. We were the ones exhausted.
A couple days later, a strange man opened my room door and walked right in! He had a key card! I told him to leave, I was concerned! Called security, again after repeating my story many times, I was told they issued this man a key to my room by mistake. They apologized and offered us a suite. No, no way did I want to pack up and unpack again.
The fitness room has been moved to regular hotel rooms on the ground floor and is very clustered. Difficult to get a good workout. I ordered room service for breakfast one morning and was brought something I did not order!
Wanted to relax by the pool and the music coming from another person at the pool was so loud it was impossible to relax.
We did enjoy our food and the executive room was still good with great service.
We went to the pub once, our service was excellent. Our room was clean and the floor housekeeper did a good job.
Will definitely try other hotels in the same area upon our return..

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear SherryannColorado,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are currently going through the details mentioned in your review and collecting feedbacks from involved departments.
We appreciate your kind assistance in providing your room number and responses to some other queries we sent to you in a direct message . Once we get these information we will contact you.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Marriot Omar Khayam hotel in Cairo and was very pleased with the location, architecture of the hotel which reflected the grand history of Egypt and amazing view of the Nile, city and beautiful gardens.

The hotel is centrally located so access to downtown Cairo is easy. The hotel is anchored in one of the most elegant neighborhoods in Cairo and is close to shops and restaurants. The hotel itself has great restaurants, a pool, gym and shops among many other amenities.

The rooms are spacious and equipped with tea, coffee, complementary water and bathroom amenities. The bed is very comfortable with lots of pillows.

The staff are friendly and helpful. In particular, I was impressed with Mohamed also known as Bebo at the reception who went out of his way to accommodate my room request during peak season where the hotel had 100 percent occupancy. This was not an easy task. He succeeded and truly personified the "spirit" of Marriot service at its best. He gets an A+.

I also would like to acknowledge housekeeping, Hesham on then 15thfloor who made the room sparkle. A special thanks to the staff at the business lounge who have a wonder way of making you feel genuinely welcome and strive to provide stellar service. In particular, I want to thank Mona, Medhat, Tarek, Ashraf, Ihab, Suleiman, Abu El Kheir, Massoud, Elham, Abu kheir and Ahmed Mounir and Ahmed Mahgoub for their outstanding service.

I will definitely go back and stay at the Marriot and highly recommend the hotel for business as well as family and leisure soujourns.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I have tried so many 5 stars hotels in different countries but my Marriott was different. I was there for 5 days in a workshop . My room was double bed , very comfy , room service was excellent. Food was very delicious as well , both breakfast and lunch were open buffet. Over all I had a bless in Marriot and will definitely do it again .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo