2,673 results
All reviews old palace zamalek tower suez canal country kitchen garden cafe palace built the executive lounge main building beautiful hotel an oasis zamalek island business center nile view special thanks egyptian museum egyptian pounds four seasons
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We absolutely adored our stay at this hotel. They were very responsive on the Marriott App and reached out proactively to ensure they had our proper information prior to arrival. They were even able to arrange last minute transportation for us when our flight was significantly delayed.

Despite an arrival of about 4:00am, the staff was ready and waiting to take our bags and get us checked in. After only a few moments, we had our keys, were provided with bottled water, and had a kind gentleman guiding us up to our room for some much needed rest.

This level of service never wavered throughout our stay, and we enjoyed the hotels many amenities. The small selection of shopping, particularly the small food market were an unexpected bonus, and the options for dining were excellent. Our first morning we opted to leave the room service card on the door for breakfast, and our enormous meal was delivered piping hot and exactly when we scheduled. We also enjoyed breakfast and dinner in the Executive lounge, which were both delicious, and the service excellent.

Our room was a standard size Marriott room, but was well supplied with anything you could think of, and had a lovely view of tennis courts and the Nile river. After the first day, housekeeping noticed that we were using lots of bottled water, so they provided additional complimentary bottles without us even asking for them!

To top everything off, the hotel is built in and around a historic palace, and is absolutely gorgeous! I think this might be my favorite Marriott I have ever stayed at, and the staff should be very proud of their facility and service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Nile!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2018

When we arrived at 18:00h the receptionist took more than 10 minutes to find 2 rooms for us although we had the reservation since weeks. Although were travelling with our 2 boys (16 and 13 years old) they gave us 2 separated rooms ( one in the 1st floor the other in the 4th floor). The man was telling us that the hotel was full....after this when we went into our room it was a smoking room when we said no smoking...I went downstaris to complain and the man was telling me that they were full and that may be, only may be he could give me another room in the other bulding...I was really anoyed as he was not attending me with the kindness you are expecting from a 5 star hotel. After 10 minutes I asked for the complaint form and he gave me a white paper!!! I asked him to call his boss and in the meantime he was inside the office another colleague came and asked if I needed something. He solved the problem in 3 minutes, although he told me he was upgrading us when at the end he was giving me a normal double room. A really very bad experience in this Marriot.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Ms. Anna,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had during your stay. we cease no efforts to meet and exceed our guests' requests and expectations for special requirements and room preferences, therefore we appreciate your kind assistance in enabling us to eliminate such challenges from reoccurring in your next visit. We will soon contact you with a direct message to get more details and make sure that your room preferences and requests are set on our Marriott reservation systems for future bookings.

Best Regards
Cairo Marriott Hotel

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in March on business. The hotel is in a convenient location - right next to the Nile, in the district of Zamalek, which has plenty of shops, restaurants and small supermarkets.
The staff were exceedingly polite, from front desk to cleaners, and I had no issues whatsoever.
My room was on the ground floor of the old palace building, and I had no problems whatsoever. Very nice room and a comfortable (firm) bed
Breakfast selection is excellent, with plenty to satisfy anyone. The breakfast staff are very attentive and friendly.
One point for constructive feedback:
Regardless of your board basis, you have to sign for your breakfast, presumably for internal control/audit purposes. The waiter returned two or even three times whilst I was eating, on almost every occasion, to check if I had signed the bill yet. I'll sign it when I'm done! You already have my room number from when I arrived, so I don't really understand this urgency to get the "bill" signed.
I found this quite intrusive, and I'd recommend the hotel reviews this process, as it's very annoying.
Otherwise - absolutely recommended! Great hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2018

The hotel is great. The accomodation is very confortable, beautiful and lexurious. The view from the room on the nil is huge.
The diversity of the restaurants very interisting
Th service is very excellent! the personnal is very friendly and Professional.
The hotel is very well located

Room Tip: I recomand yhe rooms with the view on the nil !
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2018

The service was great, The concierge can handle most anything for you. It is right on the Nile and right by the big museum. There is a nice walkway on the Nile. Of course, Cairo is crazy busy, but fun to walk.

Stayed: March 2018