“Fab place, OK food”

Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
UK
“Fab place, OK food”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff look after you from arrival, apart form occasionally slow reception and all the staff are very keen to make sure everything's OK. The place itself is splendid, the pools are supreme and there's little to compare with swimming from the indoor pool out to paddle around under the night sky. If you like golf, that's there too. The rooms are fine and the place is very peaceful, apart from the evening singers. My only quibbles would be cleaning: a bit more use of a vacuiuum & less with a brush might help the carpets, an more importantly the food. There's plenty of variety but a lot of it is indifferent. The steak restaurant is overpriced & dull, the asian food simply dull. The others pall after a week. Overall a great place with room for better food

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel during your trip to Egypt, Your kind review is very much appreciated. It is very rewarding for both the team and I to receive your feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel sometime in the near future.

Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
dubai
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I highly recommend this hotel if you are working in the new area near the airport. Our office is 10 mins away.

The hotel is secure, is a nice setting on a golf course, is nicely decorated and has good restaurants (Excellent breakfast buffet, excellent steak and Lebanese, Italian is available too). All the staff are helpful and friendly.

There is a free shuttle to and from the airport every hour.

The rooms are quaint, cleaned perfectly each day with comfortable beds.

I had a good Swedish massage at the spa after a tough week of work. I didnt use the gym or the pool.

I highly recommend the JW as a business hotel. I was previously booked at the Dusit but my local colleague recommended I change to the Marriott, No regrets!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo,

I am so please to hear your feedback, Actually Each member of the team care passionately about the experiences of our guests, and I am so pleased you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality for yourself, The JW Marriott Cairo Hotel really does have a great advantage being right only 15 minutes away from Cairo International Airport with great amenities and fabulous facilities.

We are always looking to be one step ahead and assist our guests with every request that they may have.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back and should you need any further assistance or have any queries, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We spent a long weekend there, the room looks very nice and clean. The housekeeping team is very helpful. Although the hotel is huge, Yet not too much activities to be done! Gym equipments are a bit old, but it's pool is great, the main problem I faced in using it was that kids are not allowed.
Breakfast buffet at lemon grass is fine but not up to my expectations of a Marriott hotel. The thing that was really a surprise for me that Friday night when we went to Lemon grass to take dinner which supposed to be open buffet we were advised that no open buffets for dinner is served in any of the hotel restaurants and that the only option we have a la carte!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to JW marriott hotel twice for a day use , Rooms were very spacious and extra luxurious , bathroom , beds , TV . everything was good.

The hotel has a man made amazing beach for swimming and many kids and adults swimming pools with amazing water slides for kids.

Food was very delicious on the beach and from room service.

The hotel has many restaurants but I haven't tried except the Italian which has amazing atmosphere and Food organized by Italian chef.

The location is not at all touristy , the hotel is located on the deserted ring road which is so far than cairo downtown and Pyramids etc. but it's 10 or 15 minutes to Airport so it's perfect for business or Flight connecting passengers

simply the hotel is an oasis inside a desert . I love this hotel and god welling , I will go next summer for a day use with my family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our products and services!

We aim to provide our guests genuine hospitality with good and comfortable hotel rooms so that they can make the most of their time.

I trust you will rejoin us back soon, If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Cairo
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Though I stayed at the hotel three years ago and enjoyed a marvelous vacation, this time I am only reviewing the Mirage Cafe. The Mirage Cafe serves an exquisite seafood night every evening. The quality of the buffet used to be mediocre. However, a recent improvement left the quality outstanding. If you enjoy des fruits de mer, you are in for a treat; amazing lobster, mouth-water prawns, yummy fried calamri, delightful creamy seafood soup, along with an irresistible parade of sushi, appetizers and above-the-par desert, both oriental and western. Though a bit pricey, the buffet is more than worth it. The gastronomic experience is complemented by an enchanting, dim-lit ambiance in the sophisticated setting of the J. W. Marriott.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noha K
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Ms. Noha Kamal,

Thank you for dinning with us at Mirage Cafe Restaurant and sharing your review.

I am pleased that you have been able to notice the improvement in our Products. We are surely doing our best to ensure our products and service continuously improve with changing times.

Your kind review is very much appreciated, I had the pleasure to share your feedback with both the Restaurant and Kitchen teams.

We are so proud to have one of the most exciting Sea Food options in the area, Our chef is quite passionate about providing the very best.

I trust you will have the opportunity to revisit us back soon

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is close to a very busy road which will will get you downtown 30 mins 45min you are at the Pyramids traffic dependant .The pool area is fantastic but .....the kids area wave pool is not heated so is freezing and unusable , its not even switched on , so a huge disappointment for the kids .They have one small outdoor heated pool , the inner pool heated ....no kids ! They do have an Arcade area for kids with games suitable from 3 to teen years , its close to the outdoor pool .
Had a 3 hour spa treatment facial , massage etc the spa is stunning , but they started 20min late with no apology and I am on a schedule so we got off on the wrong foot .Then she went out during the facial and had a smoke she stank when she came back breathing all over me , Yuk ! To top it all of they had some maintenance work being done on the floor above , Nice one ! So all in all about $200 treatment , I did complain to her about the smell of smoke she said it was her break ! The noise "Yes they said people complain all the time about it , its the engineering team ."
The restaurants 'Lemon Grass " very nice but $200 for a 3 course meal for two and a bottle wine (local ).
Gin and Tonic at the bar $12 , make sure you go at happy hour two for one on local spirits .
Golf , nice club house and bar a 18 hole championship (the Egyptian Open is played here, last time I saw it Monty was playing , nice !) and a 9 hole executive .If you are a beginner do the 9 hole hardly anyone on it , also you can take the local Pro with you , its very affordable and he's a good teacher , (Zac )

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Noiw our offices have moved used the jw instead of citystars. The hotel is comfortable and very friendly and helpful staff., Rooms are a good size with decent bathroom and comfortable beds. Annoyed by intermittent internet service and tv alarm waking me with a welcome call first night 2 hours into the morning and an hour earlier than alarm setting on final night. Steakhouse excellent food though a bit expensive, sushi was ok but nothing special. Overall an ok hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business