All reviews close to the airport pool view sushi bar free shuttle service italian restaurant room facing executive floor minutes from the airport room service business trip short stay city view special thanks egyptian museum festa wedding traffic
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is average old decoration but acceptable
The rooms are clean
U need 1 hour to go to the city as average
Not surrounded by much things to do
Food is good and very good compared to cairo
The show at night is good beside the pool but I recommend just for 1 night during the weekdays
The pool is small
The stuff are great

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Daydream619702
GRCairo, Guest Relations Supervisor at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo and thank you for sharing your valuable feedback reference to your stay at our hotel with the readers of Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the room’s cleanliness as well as the service provided by the hotel’s staff.
We do understand your comment regarding the distance from down town; however, it’s worth noting that our hotel offers a courtesy shuttle bus three times per day to down town as an effort to enhance guest’s experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

First of all I want to give 5 stars to the gentleman that works at the hotel and was waiting for us at the airport and organised our visas so quickly, he was amazing, very professional.
Hotel pleasant, rooms nicely appointed, beds very comfortable. As requested we received a quiet room. The location suited my purposes.
Yes agree with other reviews, bathrooms are outdated but they still function and provided hot water.
Italian restaurant very good. Breakfast very good, ample selection.
Check in process took some time, not sure what the hold up was? Staff friendly.

Room tip: The rooms at the back were quieter. I imagine the pools overlooking pool are noisy, the hotel has an evening show too.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nomaddeb
GRCairo, Guest Relations Supervisor at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

On the behalf of Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo team, we would like to thank you for your great detailed review following to your stay at our hotel.
We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were satisfied with the Airport service, hotel’s location and the quality of food during the breakfast time and at the Italian restaurant, It is very rewarding and motivating to know that we have consistently managed to meet your expectation.
Regarding your comment about the check in, kindly provide us with more details (Room number, name...) in order to make investigation.
Once again thank you for your nice comment and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

So i must preface this by saying that if you're not Muslim you may enjoy it slightly more than my family. The breakfast was ok, it was pretty much the same stuff every morning (omelets, cheeses, falafel, fool etc.) The rooms were a little outdated but we didn't expect much. The gym was very low grade but it's not like they even cared to up keep it. Here's what made my experience there so horrible. It was the day my family and my brother's family decided to go into the pool. My wife and sister in law both wear hijab, and for the pool they were wearing the hijab swimwear (burkini). It wasn't loose nor was it cotton. My son and nephews were wearing these t shirts made for the pool because the sun was very strong. As we got into the water, a hotel rep approached us and initially said the kids can't have t shirts on. When asked why, he just replied with "that's our policy". When I told him that it's not cotton and made for water, he didn't seem to care (or know the difference) and said sorry those are the rules. So i told him i'm not going to subject my son to harmful rays because you and your hotel are ignorant to the difference between cotton and swim material. Then the man returned and told me the woman can't go in covered!! That's when i was COMPLETELY TAKEN BACK. I asked him why and again he said "policy". I again explained it's not cotton so you can't say it'll clog your filters, nor will the colors bleed, but again he didn't care...so i ignored him and told him to get a manager. The first manager explained to me that maybe the women would "enjoy their time sitting on the lounge chairs", but if they want to use the pool, they cannot be covered. That's when i lost it. I said I can't believe that in America and the beach resorts (sharm and hurghada) they can be in the pools and no one will say a thing, but in the capital of an ISLAMIC country, you're going to discriminate against them for their religion? (side note the manager challenging us was also Muslim) They stated they are not saying our wives can't go in the water because of their hijab, they just can't be covered (which is what hijab is!!!!) After a lot of back and forth we said we're not getting out of the pool until the manager eventually walked away and left us alone. "Ironically" 5 minutes after he walked away, a pair of maintenance men came and started working on the pool. By night time, the pool was empty (could be a coincidence, but when have you seen a hotel EMPTY THE POOL?!?!?) Here's when things got worse. When we returned from horseback riding, my brother was locked out of his room. His wife and kids were dead tired and forced to lay down in the hallway until we can figure out what happened. When we went to the front desk, they told us that they "thought" he checked out. Words can't even begin to describe how confused i was that they check him out but I was fine even though we had the same reservation. We had a reservation for a future date because we were going to a resort and coming back to the same hotel before we fly out to America. They told us those reservations "disappeared" and they were booked solid and couldn't accommodate. (the lies continued, if you called the hotel, you could reserve a room for that date). So my recommendation is do not stay at this hotel because it's not worth it, but if you're Muslim and wear hijab, they will give you absolutely no respect. They are condescending and rude once they find out you are Egyptian. Their goal is to have half naked women walking around their pool and don't want dirty covered up Muslim woman ruining that image. I have no respect for this Hotel or their policies and I hope this review has shed some light to the kind of people you may be dealing with.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Mohamed M
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

First of all, somehow when you enter the hotel address to google map or uber, it will lead you to the wrong location in downtown, where it's like 30 minutes away from where it is actually located. So if you are looking for somewhere near downtown to stay, this is not the place you want to book.

Secondly, somehow on booking.com it has a "Egyptian Only" deal, which is 100-200 LGP cheaper than the regular deal. It's not much different from the regular price on booking.com, but the hotel will not allow non-Egyptian to use this deal if you are not Egyptian, apparently. The problem is it's not marked clearly, so my friend and I accidentally booked the Egyptian only deal. The hotel manger asked us to pay extra 25 usd per night, or cancel the reservation, which will cost me 90 usd. We had no choice but to pay extra 25 usd a night, since the hotel is in the middle of no where(it's close to the airport but we were planning to explore downtown)

Lastly, I don't know why they have a band playing loud music by the pool, where I can hear the music clearly from my room(it's already 10:45 pm now). I called and asked the hotel to keep the music down, but they said it's the last day for the band to perform and there is nothing they can do about it. The band will continue performing until 12am.....

It's outrageous. I am really speechless! DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Yi-Hsuan L

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo, and thank you for giving us the chance to know about your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
We sincerely apologize for any confusion happened about the room rate but let us confirm that the Egyptian rate is clearly mentioned in the website that it is valid only for the Egyptians.
Regarding your comments about the hotel’s location, kindly be informed that the hotel is providing a free shuttle bus to Down Town three times per day as a courtesy from the hotel to our guests.
Again please accept our apology for any inconvenience and we do hope if we could have the opportunity to host you again and rest assured that we will provide you with a city view room to avoid any disturbance coming from the pool side.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

I booked this hotel for one night. Check in was fine, the staff were ok. Again like most hotels ive found in this area that unless you ASK about the amenities, they don't volunteer the info.

Gym is nice, food was good. However, there is a HUGE issue that is obviously left out of the reviews i have seen. Right outside my window is the pool, with a stage, and with that stage for the last 3 hours (its now 10 PM) there has been NONSTOP dancers with extremely loud music. Its like sleeping above a nightclub. Non stop bass and this does not end until 11PM. And i found out its EVERYDAY. Had i known i would have never stayed here. This is not only annoying but extremely uncomfortable.

Why on earth would a hotel think this was ok? If your going to put a stage, don't put it in the middle of the hotel so EVERY room can be affected. I am on my way now to speak to them about changing the room. I cant even here the TV!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Airspeed1974

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo and thank you for letting us know about your respected feedback about your stay at the hotel.
Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience that happened during your stay, this is definitely not the type of experience we would like our guests to have.
On a positive note, we would like to thank you for highlighting your positive comment about the hotel’s staff and the check in process.
We hope if we could have the opportunity to host you again and rest assured that we will provide you with a city view room to avoid any disturbance coming from the pool side.