“Very nice hotel, good value for money in perfect location. It has lots of character and IS clean.”

Om Kolthoom Hotel & Tower
Ranked #69 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I had read some disappointing reviews of the place, so was very pleasantly surprised to find a really nice, friendly hotel. It was clean, spacious, has lots of character, and fantastic views out over the Nile. Well it did from my room, I paid a bit extra to get a Nile view, and I got a big balcony on the 15th floor which was fabulous to sit out on overlooking the river. The bedroom was very spacious, there was also a separate 'living room'. The 15th floor also had a huge lobby, with sofas to chill out on. The staff were helpful and I would definitely stay there again, as opposed to the pricier and more generic chain-hotels places nearby. It isn't 5* it could do with a lick of paint, but was perfect for my trip. You do get the noise of the call to prayer quite loudly in the night, but that is part of staying in a Moslem country.

Room Tip: top floors have great views!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Om Kolthoom Hotel & Tower

Reviewed 27 February 2016

I have visited this hotel two days ago , first I would like to thank front office employees Yousef and Yousra for their support and understanding also the thanks is connected to duty manager Kamal.

the hotel location is great , in the heart of beautiful island of Zamalek , the furniture and facility are very poor and need to be renovated . as promised form duty Manager Kamal they have started to renovated the hotel and he promised that it is going to be one of the best.

I hope they work for the hotel facilities to meet the high quality as their employees

Room Tip: as for renovated room in High floor
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Mohammad K
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Location is beautiful at the river side in Zamalik island, Reception is warm and welcome, people are helpful, But anything else needs attention such as curtains, bath, bed, table and chairs in the balcony, cleanliness. It shouldn't priced as 4 stars. USD 86 per night for two persons is quite a lot.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ahmad S
Reviewed 13 February 2016

The stay over there was beautiful, peaceful and authentic. I felt like I was back in time 70 years where the actual OM KALTHOUM is singing. The rooms were clean and the hotel's site by Nile is just breathtaking...Maybe the WiFi signal was poor and there was a little bit lack of crew back in the restaurant. However, the people working there exceeded my expectation in hospitality and kindness. I truly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Abear_Alaa
Reviewed 12 February 2016

After an 8 hour flight to cairo, we got to the hotel at 6 in the morning. As tired as we were, we had to lug our luggage from the taxi into the hotel as there being no one to help us at the entrance. Stood at reception forever until someone came to our assistance. The "receptionist" was not very helpful as he did not want to give us a room even though we were booked in for an early check-in. Eventually he showed us few rooms which in one word were just HORRIBLE. Being exhausted and having no other choice we took the room, temporarily. Got a supposed "upgrade" at 12 which was just as worse as the first few rooms we saw. The rooms were dirty, bathrooms were old and dirty (I did not know if I was getting more dirty if I showered), bed had spiders , tv and aircon did not work but they claim to be a 4 star hotel. I cannot comment on the food because everytime we got to breakfast there was nothing on the tables. On top of it all staff were laid back and not helpful at all. DO NOT BE FOOLED by the lovely pictures portrayed on the net. This hotel is far from a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwsharos
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for a night, changed rooms twice. First room was terrible, dirty and no screen on window so full of mosquitoes and flies. Second room was slightly better, yet pillow cases were horrid, no screens on windows also. Bathroom leakage was an issue. No refund available.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank A M
Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Really I have forget to review this hotel due to I have no experience about tripadvisor in my travelling experience. Therefore. This is my opprotinities to keep informed all travellers to Ciro not to miss this opportonities to to stay at this hotel even for couple days. This hotel is located at the Nile revier view where you can enjoy your private Balacony direct to the Nile rever. In earlly morning you can enjoy watching the athilitchs drifting exercises across the Nile Rever. Moreover. The people who are looking for old issues like hearing. Om Kakthum . Abdulhalim Hafed or else from past. They can find it here. Each room in this magnificent tower is addresaed by one of Om Kalthom song. Immagine that. Suirable for honymooners. Lovers and couples who are looking for peace.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family