All reviews grand hyatt revolving restaurant nubian village view from the balcony garden city the club lounge buffet breakfast huge hotel beautiful hotel indian restaurant hotels in cairo health club shopping mall egyptian museum executive floor tahrir square nile
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

This hotel has one of the best views in Cairo, it was once Grand Hyatt till ownership changed and the new owner decided to make it a dry hotel
Due to less occupancy and the type of residents and the closed bar and other activities, this hotel lacks life and spirit.
The first day I arrived it was like a deserted hotel
Furniture looks old , rugs are dirty and needs replacement
Apart from the magnificent view, the staff is excellent and willing to help

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ehab_Heikal
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

On 2/4 was my prom in Grand nile tower the prom itself was good. However, when I went to use the W.C a woman stole my bag with my phone inside it and all my private stuff. Luckily, my friend saw her and I managed to get this woman and take my bag back. One of the security staff was standing there with a chef, i quickly went to them and showed them the woman who stole my bag and what was their response? They said: "Glad you found your bag" and they walked away. They didn't even do anything. This is not a 5 star hotel. A 5 star hotel would take that woman to the police station immediately or even cancel her trip in the hotel. Also, the W.C was really dirty, no one went there to clean it up. To sum it up, worst hotel I've been to.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Haidy R
ShadyAmerzaki, General Manager at Grand Nile Tower, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent experience at Grand Nile Tower Hotel.

I am sorry to learn that the quality of your experience was not up to your expectations. On behalf of Grand Nile Tower, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced while attending your prom event with us.

We truly value your constructive comments, as it helps us to enhance our services and be always up to your expectations. Therefore, I would truly appreciate if you could send us further detailed comments on shady.amer@grandniletower.com, as we would like to learn more about your experience.

Looking forward to receiving your email, as I would like to have the chance to offer you the hospitality you expect.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

I spent one day in this hotel and was shocked of the service. First of all I had to call the room service 3 times in order to have a kettle and few nescafe and teabags. Although the room was double, only 1 glass was there and only 1 towel in the bathroom. The complimentary water bottle was not present as in some other rooms. The TV was not working at all. You may ask why I did not complain and the answer is I was attending a medical conference followed by a gala dinner and did not have time to think about watching TV except after 11 pm. On Friday morning, I woke up to find out that there was no lights in the bathroom. What a surprise. lights were OK the night before. Obviouly there is no maintainance.

I forgot to mention the long discussion happened between my wife and someone who answered her call on the zero phone number (not sure if this was the operator or front desk). When we moved in the room after the gala dinner and found that someone entered and brought the nescafe and tea bags while we were not there, something that we never faced in local or hotels abroad. She was terrified because all her belongings and Jewellery was there . She had a discussion with this person until he told her that he will inform the duty manager. This manager was probably the only good thing in this hotel. .

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank kandil2015
ShadyAmerzaki, General Manager at Grand Nile Tower, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Nile Tower and for your valuable comments provided.

On behalf of Grand Nile Tower management team, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered during your most recent stay with us.

Please rest assured that your comments is well noted and immediate action has been taken to ensure the quality of our services as well as that of our standards.

Please, let me know of your next visit to the hotel as I would like to have the chance to meet you in person and offer you the hospitality you expect.

Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

It's really disgusting hotel it's NOT a five star hotel no matter what they tell you , there was no bar there was no club there is nothing literally nothing only your room and that's it, and it was expensive than other REAL five stars hotels that have actually a lot of things to do in the hotel like bar , club hookah , drinks . I swear this is the most filthy hotel have Ever went to .
guys DO NOT book there.

DO NOT BOOK THERE.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank joking11
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel quite a few times though the last was perhaps 7 or 8 years ago, when it was the Royal Meridien. I have very fond memories of it so felt a little sad to find the place now very quiet and lacking in atmosphere. I know that tourism in Egypt is taking a big hit at the moment, but other hotels we visited didn't seem quite as dead.
The lobby area is still as grand and impressive as before, but the rooms look like they haven't had a spruce up since I was last there, and they're beginning to look a bit shabby. And it's always a poor sign when the mini-bar has 3 cans and nothing else. But the view over the Nile is still the best in Cairo!
I have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful. And the food from room service was on the whole quite good (though quite a few items on the menu unavailable, another sad sign of a hotel with its back against the wall). We tried to eat in the Japanese restaurant but it was all in darkness - not surprising, I guess, with the lobby empty.
The hotel does not serve any alcohol anywhere, and this annoys me. Don't get me wrong; I've stayed in many countries where alcohol is not allowed and I'm fine with that. But alcohol is not illegal in Egypt and, to my knowledge, all of the other international hotels in Cairo serve it (I've been to most). And it's fine if a hotel owner wants his hotel to be dry. But that fact needs to be highlighted; I would bring my own or stay at another hotel - when on holidays, it's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner or by the pool! I wonder if that's one of the reasons why it's so deserted compared to the other hotels we visited this time?
So, I sincerely hope that things pick up again soon, but this hotel has all the hallmarks of an establishment in decline.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pobby1
ShadyAmerzaki, General Manager at Grand Nile Tower, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Dear Valuable Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Nile Tower Hotel.

We are sorry to learn that the quality of your experience was not up to your expectations. On behalf of Grand Nile Tower management team, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced while staying with us.

Please rest assured that all measures are being taken to ensure the quality of our services as well as that of our standards. We truly value your constructive comments, as it helps us to enhance our services and be always up to your expectations.

Kindly let me know of your next visit to Cairo as I would like to have the chance to meet you in person and offer you the hospitality you expect.