All reviews rooftop bar is clean sheets rooms are basic clean hotel egyptian museum supermarket pyramids banks zamalek
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with an Intrepid group tour called “The Egypt Adventure” and all 12 participants were very upset with our stay.

The good: affordable, the mini fridge worked, functional air conditioning (although some guests didn’t have this luxury), some wifi accessible in the hotel rooms.

The bad: the breakfast didn’t have many options for travellers avoiding food contaminated by tap water. Someone in our travel group has gastroenteritis after eating here. The entire hotel smells of cigarettes and the lobby is a constant hazy of smoke. The shower in room 806 was extremely small, even compared to European standards. There was no safes in the room. Some guests had no soap and others had USED bars of soap! There is lots of garbage on the streets in Egypt, but outside this hotel we walked passed two dirty syringes on the sidewalk.

The ugly: I’m a female in my 20s travelling with my husband. Immediately after I checked into the hotel, a friendly young bell boy helped me into the tiny elevator with my bags. My husband remained in the lobby to finish some paper work. Before the doors closed, the middle aged man who appeared to be a member of the public (not staff), yelled at the bell boy (in Arabic) to get out and took MY key from the bell boy. He took us to the eight floor and walked straight into my room; initially he didn’t take of the bags. He began yell at me to come into the room. I obviously refused to enter. Fortunately, he eventually left and I was able to safety lock myself inside my room. Initially I figured he was trying to get a tip from me, but after he left my bags inside the elevator things became partially concerning. Under no circumstance should the staff have handed my key over to this man, especially without an explanation.

After receiving my group’s complaints, the staff excuses these problems by saying that the owner refuses to put money into the hotel until tourism returns back to Egypt.

I highly highly recommend another hotel. I would refuse to ever stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank DLPDR
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a very good position, very close to the underground station, to El Tahrir Square with the egyptian Museum, with around many shops and supermarket and many other interesting places to visit like the Nile river and the Tower of Cairo.
Rooms are cozy and comfortable with the TV, the fridge and the WI-FI connection.
All the employees are extremely professional and helpful and all the guest requests are immediately satisfied.
The roof in the last floor offers an amazing and breathtaking view of the tower and all Cairo.
The hotel also offers a menù for small but delicious meals to be ordered at anytime.
Includes in the price there is the breakfast until 10 am. It is complete and absolutely perfect for any taste.
Thanks to the fact that they are kind and available with the guests, to stay there is not like staying at the hotel but at home with friends who pamper you in everyway.
I will definitely come back in this Hotel and I will recommend it to everyone.
Thank you so much to all the staff of King Hotel, it was an amazing experience there!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We were part of a tour and given the choice would definitely not have stayed here. It was awful the bed linen was dirty (found hair in the sheets and the pillow case turned inside out) we chose to sleep on our sleeping bags. The walls and doors were filthy with holes in them. We chose not to use the air con because it was so filtht. The shower and the floors were filthy I had to wear thongs in the room to save our feet from getting black with dirt and the shower to save our feet from contracting who knows what. The wifi would only work intermittently but only in the foyer area. We could have complained but didn’t see the point as we were only there a short time. We would definitely not return nor recommend this to anyone!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank chrisdanlee
Reviewed March 23, 2018

What a dump! One of the worst hotels I have very experienced. Broken floor tiles, dingy white sheets and towels (scary to use even thought they seem washed) and the neighborhood is questionable. This place was filthy and the guy at the front desk act as if he did not like speaking to women guests...his attitude was very curt (maybe cultural but.... I would not recommend.

Date of stay: October 2017
5  Thank priceles21
Reviewed January 25, 2018

A rather quaint hotel in a convenient location in the El Doqqi area of Giza. It is in a vibrant neighborhood a short walk to Al Tahrir street and subway system. It offers an included breakfast buffet with many choices, a restaurant off the lobby area and a rooftop bar with good views out to the city.

Date of stay: October 2017