See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

A good comfortable hotel down a back street in Giza and handy to lots things. The area and hotel is older but my room was clean and tidy and the staff were welcoming and quick to rectify the one problem I had.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Starting with the location, this hotel is on a narrow one-way street that will have other cars honking their horns if you even stop in front of it to get out of a taxi. Once inside, you find yourself in an outdated hotel that has been kept relatively clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is not fair to judge hotels in Egypt by western standards, so the fact that the room was clean and there was hot water in the shower made the stay fine.
There are two other things worth noting. We ate at the hotel restaurant the first night because there was not much around the hotel, and it was terrible. The service was slow, they mixed up the orders, and the food was not very good.
The second incident was, that I was visiting Egyptian friends at the end of my trip and brought them chocolates from the United States as a gift. I kept this bag at the front desk as I travelled through Egypt and planned on retrieving it when I returned to the hotel at the end of my travels. When I picked up my bag I found that the chocolates were open and eaten and that the bag was then stapled closed again!?!

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank KurtR1708
Reviewed March 6, 2018

First time we stayed there, we had a regular room. It was a little dirty but charming. Had an enjoyable stay.

The second time at the end of the trip, we stayed in a Premium Room. If you can afford the upgrade, I highly recommend it! Nice sized room, with a great bathroom.

The breakfast was included, and had great options.

The one point of contention (that caused me to knock it down an additional star from 4 to 3) was how the staff in the souvenir shops acted towards tourists. He was pushy on the first night. Then when he saw us again he attempted to sell us jewelry at a HIGHLY inflated price. Items that may run for $20 US he hard sold (and even talked down to us) for $140 US dollars. His smarmy interactions with us effected our stay. I know it's not common to judge a hotel on the shop, but the shop in in the lobby on your way out. So you are required to see this shop/person every entrance/exit to the hotel. Follow my recommendations and book the hotel but completely ignore the shops and their staff.

Secondly, when we were trying to get something to eat late at night ... a second party came in and played music from the phone loudly. After about 10mins, they approached our table (obviously drunk) and tried to chat it up. It was really off putting. Not necessarily the staff's fault - but maybe they could have asked him to turn off his phone after 2 minutes.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2018

If you are looking for a 5 Star hotel this is not the place for you ! It is however pretty clean and we had no problems like others seemed to have with hot water or air conditioner. It's a basic 3 Star hotel and probably no worse that any 3 Star in the West. Breakfast was included which was satisfactory and included an omelette bar. For a short stay this hotel is fine. Keep in mind that like most 3 Star hotels in this city alcohol is not served and you will have to go walkabout for a cold beer or glass of wine, or of course you can bring your own into the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Hotels across Egypt are generally pretty dated and show signs of under-investment since the revolution. This hotel is no exception, however it is clean and comfortable for a short stay or budget trip. I stayed at this hotel as the joining location for a group tour and our room was fine - nothing fancy, a bit tattered, but generally clean.

The breakfast is fine - but the dining area is dark and a bit gloomy. Wifi was pretty much nonexistant so pick up a SIM card at the airport instead. 3GB of data and local minutes for about $160 egyptian pounds. That's just under $10 USD and was plenty of data for 2 weeks across egypt.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor- these are the upgraded rooms.
Date of stay: December 2017