“Gorgeous Fairmont Gold”
Review of Fairmont Nile City

Fairmont Nile City
Ranked #8 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I have been in Egypt for easter week with my family and we have spent the last night in Cairo at Fairmont Nile City choosing the special service called "Fairmont Gold" at a little difference in price towards normal rooms.
When we arrived we were accompained directly to the private lounge to make the check-in, being offered juices and coffee and we were accompained directly to our rooms.
Rooms were spacious and confortable and baths were all marble, but the most exciting issue was that as soon I dropped the telephone I was called by name and all the staff was at my disposition.
Fairmont Gold guests have access to a private lounge with Nile view and complementary snacks and beverages at any time during day or night.
The hotel is very clean and has a floor dedicated to a spa and jim, with rooms dedicated to relax after Cairo's awsome traffic.
The swimming pool is on the top of the building and as soon as my children arrived they were offered an ice cream while swimming.
We had dinner in the Napa Grill Restaurant and we enjoied a very good tenderloin steak at a reasonable price.
In the Lower Lobby there were works in progress but there was no disturb for guests.
I think that at this moment Fairmont is the best value worth hotel in Cairo.

Room Tip: Ask for Fairmont Gold rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2011

We were quite apprehensive to go to Cairo during the political unrest. We didn't need to worry. The hotel staff at Fairmont helped us to feel secure and safe, they got out of their way to the extend of accompanying us (Mohamed Al Aziz) to the Egyptian Museum as the act of good will.
The hotel itself has stunning views on the Nile, the rooms are spacious, with loads of lights for reading, etc. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I've ever slept in. The rooms were totally insulated from the external noise or light, I am a light sleeper, so all of that enhanced the quality of my sleep immensely.
Everything was immaculately clean, stylish and thought through.
I can't praise enough the staff! Great stay overall, loved it

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NowCallAustraliaHome
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I just gave three stars because it is what you could expect from the price you paid for this hotel. But this doesn't take away the credit to the staff which are always courteous and efficient. The location is very good and it was easy to catch a taxi to explore the city. The business centre facility is not great and the wireless is not free.

The room has shown some wear and tear although it is still acceptable. I agree with the previous reviewer that said something about the water pressure in the bathroom. The shower room is also not well designed as the water could not be drained completely so guest should be careful walking around the area.

The newly opened spa was fantastic and the price was reasonable. The treatment rooms have fantastic view of Cairo.

So to be honest, I might not want to come back to the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Like a beautiful woman with underlying personality problems, the Fairmont Nile City attracts you and then in some ways disappoints. The building is beautiful and the rooms gorgeous and spacious. The staff is very friendly and tries to be accomodating. The food is excellent. However, when checking in I asked for a Nile River view room. They initally gave us a "partial" view room even though the hotel was only 20% occupied due to politicaal unrest. After I complained they gave us a better room but after two nights the water pressure disappeared.. We then moved to another room which the next morning had water leaking from the ceiling in the bathroom. This was soon fixed but for a new hotel there is alot of reconstruction of public areas and floors going on. Felt very safe despite political issues, though the location of the hotel could be better as there really is no place to walk to. Still, if in Cairo we would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for full Nile River view
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RevDr
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel. The rooms are so clean and the beds are so comfortable that we wish we could sleep longer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2011

For sure this is a very nice hotel, 5*, good location, great view when you pay the extra for the Nile view rooms.

We had a signature room at the Fairmont Gold Club level. Club is okay, good breakfast - but no pre-dinner snacks as at the club lounges of SPG or Hyatt.

Rooms a bit on the small side, no upgrade even the Hotel was empty due to the political situation.

What I really didn't like:
- no plug in the bathroom so you have to use the plug/mirror above the mini-bar to dry your hair
- blind-out not really effective. So some light comes into the room in the early morning.

Therefore a good hotel, but not a SUPER hotel. Soon the Ritz-Carlton will open )))

For now: Fairmont Towers Heliopolis is much better.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I went to Egypt to meet up with my husband who I hadn't seen in over 5 months because he's in the army on tour and this was his two week leave. We stayed at the Fairmont Nile City as a treat to ourselves and were then going to go to Upper Egypt for a while and then back to Cairo. The hotel was amazing. They planned our trip to Upper Egypt and took care of all tours and private tour guides. I hadn't met one person that wasn't beyond nice and accommodating. It was like everyone truly cared if we were having a good time. We were originally going to stay somewhere with 4 stars instead when we got back from Upper Egypt but had such a great experience that we went back to this hotel and we are glad we did because they saved our lives. That is when the turmoil started and the "wrath of friday" went down. Most hotels on the strip were looted and vandalized and people fled but the hotel staff here stayed and fought and it is because of them that my husband and I were safe! They all made 24h shifts and were sleeping at the hotel to keep the customers and hotel itself safe. Even while their families were at home and the country was in unrest they were STILL coming to our rooms to make sure we had everything we needed and make a sense of normalcy so that we felt safe. I'm so glad we decided to stay at this hotel. They literally made their own weapons and fought people outside every night to keep us safe. Even after a very crazy experience I would go back to Egypt, once everything has settled down, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple