“Best in Cairo”

Ranked #53 of 125 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
New York City, New York
“Best in Cairo”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hostel is excellent right in the downtown area, near the historical tahrir square and minutes away from other great historical attractions that Egypt has to offer. The hostel is great, the staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help you arrange tours, flight transfer, and other things that will help you have a great experience in Cairo. I have stayed at this hostel twice and I plan on staying there again in the near future, the staff provided my with a free airport transfer and a discounted stay at the hostel because this was my second visit there. I would recommend staying at this hostel without reservation. The free breakfast is great, the WIFI is good, and the staff is great!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I loved staying at this hostel. I stayed there multiple times. The staff was always willing to help me. One night I was supposed to catch a train and was worried about getting on the right one. One of the staff took me to the platform and made sure I was on the right train and in the right seat. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and never got too noisy. I have plans to go back to Egypt in a few months and will definiatly be booking at the Canadain Hostel.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator so you dont have to listen to it open and close.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Earth, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I found the Canadian hostel to be one of my top experiences in Cairo, Egypt. The place was great, very clean and tidy, plus a real legit feeling, safe, and the staff was GREAT! They were very kind and friendly to all of their travelers never hesitating to give advice about what to see and what to eat in Cairo, it only helped me truly enjoy my time in Egypt. Seriously I’ve done a lot of traveling and have stayed in many hostels, but the Canadian hostel in Cairo is top notch. Don't pass up the chance to visit Egypt, and this wonderful place!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are Great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Hey Y
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I am from Canada and when I was searching for place to stay in Cairo, the hostel name and flag made a connection right away. The Canadian Hostel is in heart of Cairo, steps away from Revolution Sq (Tahrir Sq) and world famous Egyptian Museum. Other than location, my room was very comfortable and the ever smiling staff was like icing on cake. The tour guide, Mohamed, helped in arranging my Egypt tour and I was very impressed with the service. Overall, I really enjoyed and specially my stay in this Hostel. I was travelling for a year and Egypt was towards end of my journey around the world and what better treat you can get...home away from home. All the best !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I found the Canadian Hostel by chance. I was looking for a nice, cheap place in the middle of Cairo and here it is. Well, we don't talk about 5* or 4*, but when you main interest is to discover Cairo, then it is the right place. I left early in the morning and returned late at night. My bed was clean, i got a warm shower and had my privacy. The staff is nice and helpful, gives you useful tips, where to go and what to see. I met different people from all over the world and i like to belong to this "huge family of packpackers". Anytime again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
bouira algeria
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I visited the canadainhostel with Egyptian friends its a nice plase the rooms are clean and quiet the people who work there are kind and helpful the price is good it is annice place for meet people from all around the world

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
MAURITIUS
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Egypt: my best trip ever. I would say that whenever you are far from home, the only place that can remind home would be a cosy, welcoming one with wonderful people. Well if you are looking for that kind of place I would definitely recommend you The Canadian Hostel.

The people:
It was my first time in Egypt and I would say its quite of a huge city and one would be really confused without help. The Canadian Hostel people besides always attentive to our slightest needs, were always keen to help and advice.
Besides, the best thing about them is their smile. They took every single query of ours with a smile and would even share their personal experience and life with us: just like family members.
The best thing about all this is that even today, more that 1 year after the trip to Egypt, the people from the hostel still keep in touch with us and give us updates regularly.

The infrastructure:
The rooms and bathroom were always kept clean. One's privacy was always respected and the common living room one could enjoy people from around the world who always would share what they had done so far in Egypt, where they came from, how to behave with the locals (so that they do not cheat you); a sort of mini global village. The internet connection which was free helped us liaise with our country.

The position in Cairo:
You cannot dream of better place. Found in the heart of Cairo (city center), you are at a walking distance from the underground metro and so many places...even very close to the Egyptian Museum. Food can be found everywhere with KFC just round the corner and one of these Pastry shops with that superb perfume of freshly (hot) made pastries just next to the hostel.

The price:
The price might be an issue to some people. Let me explain: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET SUCH A NICE PLACE FOR SUCH A CHEAP PRICE!!!

Tours:
You cannot go to Egypt and not visit the great places throughout the country right?
We wanted to see everything and since we hadn't planned anything or took some kind or tour package from our country, we had to find some way to go everywhere.
The tour organisor of the hostel was just awesome (Mohamed Shawky). He sat with my cousin and I and helped us plan our journey through Egypt to see the best places in the limited time we had.
There always was someone to pick us up wherever we went to (by the wonderful sleeping train) and besides, the tour was so well planned that you could enjoy every single bit of it.
Our luggage was kept safe in the Hostel when we were on our 3-4 days' tour so that we could travel light.

It was my first time in Egypt and The Canadian Hostel as a whole really contributed to a great extent to this dream coming true and beyond expectations :D

If ever I had to go back to EGYPT (If Allah permits) the only place I would go to for accommodation would be THE CANADIAN HOSTEL and I so wanna go back there!!!

The Canadian Hostel: A home far from home