All reviews rooftop restaurant light show balcony tour pyramids egypt
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Booked this hotel based on reviews I had read on TA.

Pros:
1) As the reviewer below stated, the location is perfect and it is steps away from the back entrance of the pyramids.

What should be noted though is as is typical for most tourist areas in Egypt, you will get hassled once you step outside the doors, so best bet is to choose your approach to deal with this.

2) The hotel has rooms either with a terrace or a balcony. Those with a terrace have a large sitting area where you can watch the Sound and Light show from, though it can also be watched from the rooftop restaurant.

3) Staff at the hotel were great and very attentive.

Cons:
1) The toilet and shower are all in one space, so most times when attempting to use the loo, you will for sure have wet feet!

2) Breakfast was not the best quality, and the food was ravaged by the famous Cairo flies.

Overall:
For the price of the room, the hotel is great, but to manage expectations of future guests, please note that though it is called a boutique hotel, it is not the typical boutique hotel which you would find in the US or Europe. It would be similar to a 1 or 2 star property in Europe.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MooseNL
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

I have visited Egypt several times so thought I knew roughly what to expect from a low cost hotel, how wrong I was in this case.
I initially came across this hotel on a travel forum on Facebook as just opened and decided to give them a try as the rates were so good, on booking I received a welcome email from the hotel offering a free airport pick up.
My flight was delayed considerably coming into Cairo and I was worried about the airport pick up that I would be arriving into Cairo in the middle of the night and have to find my own way to the hotel, I need not have worried I received an email from the hotel saying they were tracking my flight and aware of the delay and sure enough a very cheerful gentleman 'Tyson ' was standing prominently in front of all the rest of the meeters and greeters at arrivals with my name clearly displayed (great start)
On arrival at the hotel (middle of night) check in was flawless and was led up to my massive immaculately clean room with one of the best views you could ever receive from a balcony, right in front of the Sphinx and Pyramids
I initially thought that the gate to the Pyramids right outside the hotel was a back gate for workers as no tourists appeared at opening at 07:00 and there was no obvious signage or ticket office. This was indeed a public entrance but little used by the hordes of tourists which means you get the Pyramids pretty much to yourself until at least after 10, just walk by the vehicle gate then the ticket office window is on the right
I was forwarded the tour brochure in advance and initially it looked quite expensive but I used their services for the whole five days there (Tyson again at my request) to make a bespoke itinerary of little visited places in Northern Egypt and was excellent value with a personal service
Pyramids Light & Sound show, there is no better place to watch it from.
Spotlessly clean and great air con.
The food looks expensive (by Egyptian standards) but so worth it as quality and quantity excellent,
all the staff incredible with nothing too much trouble, will definitely be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank travelcraig1
Reviewed April 10, 2018

This hotel is almost as close as you can get without being on the actual pyramid property. We were only staying over night so I didn't get a chance to do anything but sleep and get up the next morning to take the tour. But everyone seemed really nice at check-in and the breakfast on the rooftop was enough to hold us over until lunch.

It looks like it's been recently renovated or upgraded. We got a room with a balcony and it was amazing to walk out in the morning with a view of the pyramids.

It should be noted that there isn't an elevator which doesn't bother most people but I arrived with a knee injury and it was a little challenging to get up the stairs. Other than that I would recommend the property just based on the value for a room with a view so close to the main gate and ticket office.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank yesyoli
Reviewed April 10, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in April, while exploring Cairo and the pyramids. We're a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) and took a room each, with a balcony (not a terrace, though this would be better). The hotel has only been open for a short time, hence the lack of reviews. But it is making an effort to be something more than the basic hotels that already exists in the area. Everything is well finished, comfortable and very clean. Probably a little more stylish (well finished too). The service is friendly, accommodating and in no way intimidating or targeted towards your money (which is unusual here).

We really enjoyed ourselves and if we came back to Cairo, we'd return here. You stay here for the view of the pyramids. Its quite spectacular. Each morning you eat on the roof terrace overlooking the sphynx and the pyramids. Its quite something.

We only ate there for breakfast each morning, which was nice - a mixture of croissants, pastries, bread, cold meats, eggs, cheese, fruit, yoghurt. Some fresh juice and coffee too. I thought it was great value for money. Fresh, tasty and authentic.

The beds and linen were really good and the bathroom and shower clean and working well. Absolutely no complaints. Its all modern and comfortable. Good hot shower.

For us this was a place to rest in the evenings after long days exploring, and it suited us perfectly. If you do go into central Cairo from here, its about 30mins in a taxi / Uber. Beware that traffic is seriously bad though, so leave enough time.

There's a very small section of restaurants nearby but enough to keep you well fed. The area itself is much quieter than the centre would have been and Im glad we didn't go for that, but instead returned here each day. But dont be fooled into thinking there's anywhere to really walk around here in the evening though, as there is not.

Stay here for the view and the proximity to the pyramids, but also the value for money in a nice, friendly place away from the intensity of the city.

Room Tip: A terrace room is better but a balcony would be enough too.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kirkmcinroy
Reviewed April 8, 2018

This hotel only recently opened, so there's still a bit of building going on. So far, they've done a great job at designing the place. You are literally next to the gate, you can see the sphinx and all pyramids, especially from the rooftop.
The owner was extremely nice and helpful.
We booked a tour through the hotel and it didn't turn out as expected, the owner helped resolve our issues.
Highly recommend a stay here if you're visiting the pyramids.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple