“Short, but pleasant stay!”

Hilton Pyramids Golf
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Canton, Georgia
“Short, but pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our very quick side trip to Giza at the beginning of our trip to Italy. Our flight was 2 hours late, causing us to arrive at the hotel around 9:00 pm... We still had no problem checking in - our reservation was guaranteed for late arrival. We had booked the package including breakfast and dinner - and due to the late arrival we never had dinner the first night. But we did enjoy it on the second night - a wide variety of choices, and everything we had was good. Most everyone we encountered in the hotel was friendly and helpful and most spoke English well enough to understand what we were asking. The property looks very nice - unfortunately with our late arrival and short stay we didn't get the chance to fully explore it. We wandered through some of the shops and our room overlooked the pool and it looked very nice and inviting as well. The only problem we had was that the ATM in the lobby wouldn't work with our Cirrus ATM card... luckily we had gotten enough Egyptian dollars in advance that we didn't HAVE to have the cash - just wanted to give our wonderful tour guide an extra tip...All in all, we had a nice stay at the Hilton Pyramids and I would recommend it if you are traveling to Giza.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few time over the years, always on business. This is a good hotel when on business to Smart Village or 6th October outside of the main Cairo city.

The staff are excellent. If you have anything negative to say they take it seriously and will try to amend.

Rooms: they are spacious and with all the usual facilities to be expected. Comfortable beds, selection of pillow, tea & coffee making facility, mini-bar (not always stocked though but will be on request), room safe, big bathroom with shower & bath, chargeable internet connection. The decoration of the rooms in the main hotel is dated with a strange colour scheme in my opinion. But clean enough and well maintained. The rooms in the annex / overlooking the pool are are smaller but more upto date with the decor and colour scheme, again with all the facilities of the main hotel. Internet connection using a Vodafone USB dongle was not good in the annex but fine in the main block.

Gym: clean with up to date machines and free weights.
Spa: also clean, nice indoor pool, good quality towels and robes. Steam Room needs some maintenance to the door and generally need to be kept an eye on better during the day and evening so that guests don't have to wait as I did for the heat and steam to kick in. Sauna is good.

Main Pool: this is very well maintained and cleaned through the day. The pool staff are excellent "especially Mohamed El Asfouri". I would recommend waiters to walk around the guests during the day to promote food and drink and ask if service is required. This was missing during all of my stays.

Food: the evening meal food is not the best. Average hotel quality food to my taste be it taking the a la carte menu or the buffet. Buffet food has average variety and average quality. Some nights better than others. The Friday night oriental buffet is not from the Orient. Nothing from Thailand, China, Malaysia at all. But if you like lebanese or kebabs its ok.
Breakfast is nice with very good selection of pastries, but hot dishes always the same. Fresh eggs to order. White sliced bread is more cake that bread, but they have fresh bread which is fine, but tricky to toast.
The Snack bar has good staff too and the usual burgers, kebabs, fish, pizza and so on. I enjoyed this food the most.

The in house Taxi service is expensive but similarly expensive as other hotels except the Novotel which is more competitive (50% less actually for a trip from Dreamlands to 6th October at 55EGP compared to Hilton's AVIS service at 120EGP). Getting a street taxi is not promoted by the hotels in general but can be arranged if you push them.

TV channels have good variety but it is disapointing not to have BBC News or OSN Sports in all of the rooms.

Good access to the golf course which you can walk around the perimeter free of charge, if careful and respectful to the players.

Dina in front of office is excellent and very professional. Knows me by name after one visit and very helpful. The hotel coped well with the high occupancy during Eid.

I travel a hige amount and I do like this hotel and will stay again, but will take the bed and breakfast option until the food is improved.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block have dated decor but clean and maintained well enough. Rooms overlooking th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Adrian W
England
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We loved staying here. We used it as a base to go to the Pyramids which were quite close. Avis provided drivers for the hotel & we used one to take us on a day trip to the pyramids & the Egyptian Museum which cost us £45. Security was high here, at the gate and at the doors to the hotel. Our room overlooked the swimming pool with a lovely balcony. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, which had a magnificent choice. We ate in the outside bar too & enjoyed it. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Cairo.

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I made my wedding party there and the Hilton staff was helpful and responsible but the external suppliers wasn’t at the same level of responsibility,
I stayed at safari suit it was coool .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

While the staff is very nice and the pool area is enticing, the rooms just don't cut it. They are fairly clean but not spotless and they are a bit worn. I never did get internet access after 5 days of trying and gave up in the end. The food was fine, with the exception of the fillet I had in the Italian restaurant which was world class!

The spa was fine but even as a guest, you are charged to use the facilities except for the gym but not a show stopper.

Service was hit and miss at times and often we had to flag down wait staff to get another drink or mezze when we needed it...while other times, they were on top of it.

Overall, fine, but it's dated and dingy rooms need to be modernized.

The alligator oragami made of bath towels was a pleasant surprise on my last night...nice touch!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Well the best thing that can be said about this hotel is the resort-like environment as when you get into that hotel you will find yourself away from all pollution and the hectic traffic & noise that Cairo is illustrating.

Their breakfast is good with the fresh variety juices, good selections of cheese, along with nice hot omlet that being prepared by the chef among many other variety of sweets, the pool is really nice and relatively big with its enjoyable waterfalls , it also had spot for kids, next to it a small playground for the little ones as well,

The hotel is really big with 2 sections the main building which have a nice view of the golf area and the other section or building around the swimming pool which is my favorite spot as I can easily get down the pool with only 20 meters from my room terrace specially that I always get the ground floor which makes it as easy access to the pool and for sire back to the room after a long day at the pool,

For me it was a good discovery this year and wished I knew about it long time ago as now I don’t have to drive that long drives to the nearest resort on the beach which is like 150 Km.

It also has a nice fancy spa along with gold rentals if you are a golfer and wish to throw some shots,

It may not have many night spots but it sure has one of my favorite restaurants right next to it (within its premises) it’s called Tabasco. There you can have your nice dinner either in or outside in the open fresh air.

The best relaxing time was for me at my room terrace right at the pool with the nice dim lights here and there.

Thanks goes for the good staff starting with the front office, bellmen, waiters and waitresses, housekeeping whom I asked to do the room even though I was leaving the same day but a bit late and they did it nicely (they even use their towels in some nice funny shapes and leave it at your bed (my son really liked what they did)

Above all thanks for the hotel general manager Mr. A. Salama and Mr. Magdy at the front office as I had a personal experience or should I say a remark, and I believe that he takes guest’s remarks as personal and handle it himself which is in my opinion makes a good management model.

For me this is my first choice for weekends and for sure for some of the Expats who works in the city as I’ve seen quite some of them over there with their families.

try to be away from Friday as its relatively crowded or sort of invaded by Nationals for the weekend (that's why I always wished I had Monday or Tuesday as weekend though :))

Room Tip: well if you like the wtaer like I do, then get a room at the pool as this will sure be better while...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hossam_Adel
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I'd like to thank all the staff that contributed to give me that good impression about the hospitality within that hotel during my stay last week .

I'd like to thank Mr. Ahmed Kazem and Mr. Hussien El Shamaa very much .

Room Tip: Pool & Golf Course view rooms are the best location
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Mali2010, Manager at Hilton Pyramids Golf, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort for your recent stay, and for visiting this site, as your feedback is a very essential and helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

I have noted your comments regarding your stay in general, and I was very happy to learn that you were extremely satisfied with the helpfulness of the staff who is always keen to implement the company promise of making our customers feel that they are valued, respected and cared for.

I would like to thank you once again for your positive feedback which will be cascaded to the entire team in general and to those who were being addressed in particular, and I look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort in the near future.

Kind regards,