All reviews hotel shares pool area corniche restaurant mr nabil large balconies west bank the main hotel amazing garden pool staff an oasis breakfast restaurant la corniche turn down service royal bar garden view howard carter fresh towels
Reviewed June 16, 2018

First time in the Pavilion, haven't stayed here since the New Winter Palace was demolished. Room had fridge, safe, big wardrobe (not enough hangers though), shelves, drawers, TV, (room cleaner was excellent). Bathroom with bath & over bath shower, hairdryer & toiletries. Breakfast was ok, flies on cold meats one day but after mentioning it to manager it was covered the next. Did notice one of the Chefs putting sliced meat onto plate with his bare hands one morning! Had to go to Old Winter Palace one morning for breakfast, much more choice but flies all over cold meats, bread etc. Hotel very quiet. Enjoyed our stay - can't complain as only paid £37 per night b & b.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nivek3333
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This is a very good hotel in the centre of Luxor. You can walk to the train station. There is plenty of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and a few steps away from the national ferry to the West Bank of the river (if you planning to visit the Valley of the Kings or other temples/ tombs).
A room is big with a desk, big mirror, TV set, minibar, bed, coffee table with chairs. Plus good size bathroom with bathtub with toilet and bidet.
A breakfast was really delicious and tasty. You can choose from cold meats and cheeses selection. And salads, cereals, juices, coffee/ tea. And hot food as well - eggs, sausages, beans, potatoes. You can find pastry and fruit salad as well.
A reception staff is very friendly and helpful. They changed my room for my request (I did have 2 single beds and I did request room with king size bed).
There are 2 swimming pools so you can enjoy relaxing time there.
I would love to go back here again. It is worth staying here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Aragorn65
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night after our cruise and we're beyond impressed with the experience for the price. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and it had a great location....within walking distance of the luxor temple, museum and mummy museum.

It's also connected to the Winter Palace so we enjoyed the property, pool and dinner in the palace. I felt safe and comfortable there and highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KatieP3034
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Breakfast every day was very difficult. Being on a low-carb diet, waiting beside the toaster with its plates of bread whilst waiting for my eggs to be cooked (Fried/Scrambled/Omelette to order) could lead to temptation, And then there was about a ½ dozen different breads inside and rolls etc. which was even worse. I had to wear blinkers on my way to the cold section for meat cheese and salad stuff. But we found enough food to eat and even the staff started saying ‘No bread’ to me, when they spotted me looking longingly at the various loaves. (I have a ‘thing’ about bread (and cheese and wine and….)
Temps got up to 45 much of the time, although we did have a sand-storm and then a storm a couple of days later. We didn’t realise how fine the sand was until we saw our balcony table the day after, which explained the staff wearing medical masks while they got reluctant guests out of the pool. There was a high risk of it getting into your lungs.
The high winds resulted in a couple of Palm-Trees falling down, and the temporary closure of a small sun-bed area of the part surrounding the circular poo for H&S reasons. Naturally staff didn’t actually say “H&S”!
So after the inspection 16 trees were also to get chopped meaning at 06:30 a day later we had a man in bare feet up one of the palms outside our 4th floor balcony, roped to the tree, using a chain-saw to cut it down in pieces. (He was cutting above the rope loop holding him up there!) You might say they could have done it later, but when? The pool opens at 09:00 and closes at Sunset. If they can’t work in the dark and don’t want to close the pool for a time, that was the only possible time slot. They cleaned up after each tree very quickly.
The pool staff helped guests daily to choose their sun bed in the shade or the sun, a task not made easy by the many guests who seemed to make a meal of making their minds up!
We ate in the pool restaurant, BBQ & Corniche several times each. We also had a high percentage of room service meals. These are worth checking out – Reasonable, with a variety of good food, even with our restrictions - You also don’t have to get dressed!
The Garden BBQ is an experience; sitting under floodlit palms in the dark with an all you can eat Meat-Feast. (Vegans need not apply). One of the local muezzin plays flute during the meal, but like any noisy event held in the gardens, stops at 23:00
The only drawback we found with being away from home for such a time is water. Our diet means we try to drink a couple of litres daily. Like everywhere else I’ve been we had to buy it. It was the same in the US over several visits; water was not supplied free in our hotels there.
The hotel is very reasonable to stay at. If they ever get an Old Cataract style revamp done, I’m not sure we could then afford to have such long and frequent stays, but until then we intend to keep coming back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sale1007
Reviewed June 2, 2018

my wife and I went this hotel for a two week stay,
our room was good and spacious with a nice balcony with a small sofa overlooking the gardens,the reception staff were very good,polite ,courteous and very welcoming,
the gardens are absolutely stunning,so well cared for,
breakfasts are the usual Egyptian fare,well prepared,fresh and varied,
the pools and pool staff were very good indeed,
we ate in the 1886 restaurant on our anniversary and very special treat it was,
a very special place,superb staff,food and ambiance,
what really made that dinner was that the staff without our knowledge made a cake for our anniversary and presented it to us after our main course,we were blown away,
our whole stay at this hotel was fantastic
the staff from the chambermaid to the resturant manager were fantastic,
if I forgot anyone in the hotel I apologise they were all superb
will I use this hotel again,for sure
thankyou all

Room Tip: garden view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple