1,602 results
All reviewssundowner baropet restaurantmoorish cafecarter barnile cruisewest banktaxi drivermercure luxoregyptian poundslarge poolbuffet stylepool sidewinter sunwatch the sunsetsecond weekeach eveningcleaned every day
Reviewed June 3, 2018

We came here for two days at the end of out visit to Luxor . Its great place to chill . The hotel was very quiet ,until the coach load of oriental visitor arrived . Breakfast was nice . BUT we had to ask for fruit and yoghurt to be replenished . The towel man around the pool ,was very nice and helpful . as were most of the staff . A welcome tray was a lovely touch too. Hotel taxis are a fair price . Our room was comfortable and clean . We would definitely return . Many thanks for a lovely stay .. Note . There is no money changing machine here , and the Reception were quite reluctant to change money for me . There is however, an Atm .

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tutankhamen block on the upper floor ,which has a nile view and a pool view .
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Saldunc
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear Ms.Sally Duncan
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Luxor Karnak. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

This is a huge hotel complex (make sure you remember which pod your room is located in) offering a large swimming pool and extensive grounds slopping down to the Nile. It contains a very big dining room appropriately staffed and an extensive breakfast buffet. Internet access was good, albeit accessible only in the lobby, even when tour bus arrivals meant multiple users. Only complaint is that smoking is permitted in all public places.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Dear Mr.Mark
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Luxor Karnak.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

My wife and I stayed overnight on a trip to Luxor. The staff were excellent however the room and bathroom was not clean and required repairs. We booked half board and was very disappointed with the quality of the food. The buffet contained meat dishes that had been left to go cold so poor food handling. Also the breakfast contained food that had been left out overnight. Again, poor food handling practice and disappointing. I have an Accor loyalty card so often use this brand around the world. This was below normal standards.

Room Tip: Look at other hotels nearer Luxor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Raggaman

Reviewed May 18, 2018

A holiday i have waited for ,but i would like to thank so many of the staff for making it great .The hotel grounds are by the Nile so you can walk down and see it or get the boat ride alone the Nile [Haggag ]will take you at a good price.Our cleaning person was great always left something i.e flowers patterns on bed never got to see him but would love to have thanked him.The food , it was there what ever you wanted[ AHMED RAMADAN] a great person ,friendly,nothing was to mush trouble.If you stayed in for evening dinner there was so much choice but i would like to thank MR WALID for making our evenings special .But thank you all .Hope to see you all at the end of the year.Just to thank MR ADAM [47] for taxi rides good man.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Hassan F, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Dear Guest

Reviewed May 17, 2018

I wanted to write this review, as Me and My Husband had an overnight stay in this hotel as part of an excursion, and I thought this hotel was amazing, the Manager was fantastic and greeted us personally, the staff were great, especially the Pool staff Mohammed and Nasir. The room was lovely, it had a dome ceiling. The food was nice, and the views of the Nile were amazing. I thoroughly recommend this hotel, it is a must if you are sight seeing in Luxor or the Valley of the Kings.

Room Tip: The Reception staff are very helpful, I would feel comfortable discussing this with them or the Manager, he was so friendly.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple