See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2018

We stayed one night in the hotel Emilio and the day after we went to Aswan. The hotel located in downtown of city of Luxor. The staff were friendly. There were two-section lobby. A coffee shop was next to the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Stayed here for our last night of a week long tour. At this point I had been to several hotels around Egypt and I can honestly say this was my least favorite.

I let the shower run for almost 15 minutes in the morning and there was still no hot water. It turns out I wasn't the only one who had a brisk icy shower that morning. The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired as well and the coffee was the worst I had in Egypt. It tasted like bad diner coffee I can get back home. This is saying something, because I loved the coffee everywhere we went in Egypt.

Like other reviewers, I had issues with my air conditioning. I convinced them to let me keep the air conditioning remote in my room (they apparently keep them at the desk), but the guy was hesitant. I have no idea why a Canadian gal would take off with an air conditioning remote from Egypt, so I was a bit confused as to why he didn't want to leave it with me at first. I guess remote thieves have been a problem? The air conditioner worked fine once I had the remote. My advice to anyone staying here in the future: Ask for the air conditioning remote!

The view from the rooftop was very nice at sunset, but aside from that, I was happy we only had to stay here one night. We were so busy, we barely spent any time in our rooms anyway.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Honestly I didn’t sleep at the hotel because when I entered the room I couldn’t stay. The bad is horrible. The room is dirty. Towels were dirty. Ok its in the middle of the city but there are better options close by. I can’t stand dirty places.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

It calls itself a 3 star but it’s a 2 star at best. Issues with our room - door wouldn’t lock from outside! Toilet wouldn’t flush, 3 light switches didn’t work (we had to unscrew bulbs to turn lights off), bathroom door struggled to close (drop ceiling was dropping so much), AC had no controls other than on (freezing) or off (hot), 5 mins of faucet on for 1 min of hot water, non smoking room reeked of smoke and had an ash tray, couldn’t move for all the furniture in the room. So many better hotel experiences in Egypt for same money - don’t bother with this place.

On a positive note - There is a nice roof top bar and pool but we didn’t see it open in the 2 days we were there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

From the first moment I stepped inside this hotel I had a bad feeling. It smelled like stale cigarettes. However my agent had already prepaid for 3 nights and I felt trapped. When I arrived in our room it was dingy and poorly lit. The bathroom smelled disgusting.
There was a tiny bar of soap and no other amenities. The air conditioner had one setting that made you freeze if it was on too long.
The TV was old and we could only find the BBC.
The breakfast was disappointing. Everything is old and worn out. Lots of noise outside as well. A fight took place outside our window.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple