All reviews luxor temple sphinx avenue swimming pool tour group rooftop
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We stayed here with a tour group for two nights. The hotel is on the older side and could use an overall upgrade. However, for what we paid for this hotel it was perfect. The first room we were in had issues - the toilet was broken and the air conditioner didn't work. We were able to switch rooms and in our second room everything was fine. Wifi worked in the lobby and the closer you were to the reception desk the better. The hotel does have a bar that serves alcohol and pool which was nice. Breakfast in the hotel was better than average.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018

Our Tour Company Imperial Egypt booked us here. When we reached here in the evening, the hotel staff were preparing to wash the lobby and it appears the Reception staff wanted a break so we were told to proceed to our rooms. They kept our passports as they had unplugged the copier.

The room was okay but there were no supplies including the towels. The intercom in the room was not working so I had to go down to request for these supplies. While going down the lift stopped working, somehow I managed that night.

We had to leave early next morning and wanted an early breakfast. It took us awhile to figure out where the breakfast was being served. The breakfast was nothing to write about.

Overall we did not have a good stay. It seems that the staff is motivated enough for customer service, other the location is quite good.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018

the hotel is not bad as the price not so expensive and you can choose the view of the Luxor temple it's so near from Luxor temple and sphinx avenue, but the service there not so good and the cleaning area also not good enough

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2018

We stayed one night in the hotel Emilio and the day after we went to Aswan. The hotel located in downtown of city of Luxor. The staff were friendly. There were two-section lobby. A coffee shop was next to the lobby.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Stayed here for our last night of a week long tour. At this point I had been to several hotels around Egypt and I can honestly say this was my least favorite.

I let the shower run for almost 15 minutes in the morning and there was still no hot water. It turns out I wasn't the only one who had a brisk icy shower that morning. The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired as well and the coffee was the worst I had in Egypt. It tasted like bad diner coffee I can get back home. This is saying something, because I loved the coffee everywhere we went in Egypt.

Like other reviewers, I had issues with my air conditioning. I convinced them to let me keep the air conditioning remote in my room (they apparently keep them at the desk), but the guy was hesitant. I have no idea why a Canadian gal would take off with an air conditioning remote from Egypt, so I was a bit confused as to why he didn't want to leave it with me at first. I guess remote thieves have been a problem? The air conditioner worked fine once I had the remote. My advice to anyone staying here in the future: Ask for the air conditioning remote!

The view from the rooftop was very nice at sunset, but aside from that, I was happy we only had to stay here one night. We were so busy, we barely spent any time in our rooms anyway.

Date of stay: November 2017