“Extraordinary service”

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Our holiday didnt start well given that our luggage for our 7 day break didn't join us until day 5 and I ate something in the Asian restruant on day 2 that made me pretty ill during the night and following day!

BUT food problem apart, the way in which every single member of the team at this resort tried to make our stay perfect was wonderful. The concierge team tried heroically to retrieve our luggage which had been lost in Cairo between BMI and Egypt Air(the airlines were worse than useless). A special mention must go to Mohamed and Ahmed who spent ages faxing, calling even visiting Luxor airport to look for our cases. When the luggage was eventually found and the airline left a message to say 'come get it' Ahmed got the hotel bus to take us there, filled in the appropriate forms and then got a hotel car to take us back. There was no request for payment or charge just a genuine desire to help...again unbelievable service.

Being without any clothes etc for 4 days could have been even more stressful but for for this great team. The Spa was a wonderful oasis and run by Kelly who was so kind and on hearing our plight immediately let my wife borrow some of her clothes and even lent me a couple of her partners tea shirts! This was so thoughtful and I guess typical of the desire of the whole team here to make their guests stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. Joanne who works as a therapist in the spa was also brilliant and both myself and my wife thoroughly enjoyed our treatments.

If you are considering visiting Luxor I would absolutely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The delux rooms with a balcony and full Nile view are the best for watching birds and boats on the N...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomandClare
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you indeed for your feedback that you posted on the Tripadvisor site about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am very delighted and in the same time very pound of our team members who spared no efforts to make your stay the most comfortable and memorable holiday although it did not start well. Finally we were able to get your luggage from the airport.

I will share your kind comments with our team members in particular with Mohamed, Ahmed, Kelly and Joanne and I know they will appreciate them very much.

We hope to have another opportunity soon again to host you at our sunny resort.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have just returned from Luxor where my wife and I stayed at The Hilton. It was without doubt the best hotel experience that we have ever had. The General manager Christoph take a personnel interest in his guests. His passion for the hotel does him and his staff great credit. We had a small problem one day in one of the restuarant's and the executive head chef Shankar dealt with it personally and corrected the problem immediately. All the staff were wonderful they made you feel very special and could not do enough for you. The pool area next to the Nile was superbly laid out and again the staff were very attentive. At night the valley of the kings is light up on the other side of the Nile a wonderful ghostly sight If you want to spend a week in paradise this is the place to come

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra for a Nile room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavin C
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa that you posted on the Tripadvisor site.

It has been an honour to have you as our guest. I am really happy and proud of our property and to know that our resort is compared to a paradise; what an amazing expression.

I shared personally your remarks about the team members to them in particular with Shankar and they are very happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your enjoyment.

We hope to have another opportunity soon again to host you at our sunny resort.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Luxor for several days in mid-February of this year and my time there could not have been more perfect. The people who work at this hotel clearly care a great deal about their guests, the general manager Christoph so much so that he’s a very visible and friendly presence and actually talks to his guests, unlike any other hotel I’ve ever stayed at. The man who cleaned my room clearly made an effort to do it while I was out of the room rather than interrupting me, and the concierge and reception staff always knew exactly what they were doing and could not have been more helpful.

The several pool areas are kept in beautiful, perfect condition and have the most peaceful view imaginable – the Nile River and the mountains beyond. There are many indoor and outdoor fountains, all flowing so quietly you can’t help but relax when around them. My room was spacious and comfortable, and my bed was a virtual cloud.

I think my favorite part of the hotel was the spa area. I’ve stayed at several other five-star hotels but really have never seen any spa area as incredible as this one. This area is separated from most of the rest of the hotel and consists of several treatment rooms with views of the Nile River, wet, dry and laconium saunas as well as an outdoor infinity pool where children, smoking and drinking are prohibited so it will have an entirely peaceful, healthy atmosphere. The hotel alone is enough of an oasis from the sights of Luxor but the serene spa area is like being in paradise.

It’s such a shame that so many people are avoiding Egypt because they think it’s dangerous now. Luxor has so many important sites and such friendly people this little area of the world, and this hotel, are really must-see’s.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Nile River
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank feinly
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa via the Tripadvisor site.

I am very happy and at the same time very proud to know that our property’s facilities and services in particular the Spa area exceeded your expectations and you spent the most enjoyable time with us.

I shared personally your observations about the team members with each one of them and they are very delighted to know that they made your holiday an outstanding experience. These remarks of course will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Warmest regards from the whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have been to Luxor many times and without doubt, this is the best hotel in town.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Hamishspaniel

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on the tripadvisor site.

I am really proud to hear that we are the best hotel in the town and to know that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you soon back again to our sunny resort.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was our second visit in 16 months, what more must i say?
Everything is so good in this hotel: the rooms;swimming pools;food is outstanding; but the best of all are the people who work there. All the staff is so friendly and helpfull. My special thanks go to:
Sayed from room service,Ismail at the oasis bar; Ashraf for the dinner at the rosetta restaurant and the lovely lady Eman for breakfast service.
Notice that Luxor town is very quiet and calm,a few tourists only,( also in the hotel); there are no troubels at all; so GO to luxor, the Egyptian people needs the tourists so much.
We will return next year to this lovely hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mopsje
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing us your feedback about your recent holiday at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa via the Tripadvisor site.

It has been an honour to have you as our guest and we feel very proud and flattered that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I assure you that your special comments about the team and in particular about Sayed, Ashraf, Ismail and Eman have been conveyed to them personally

We really are looking forward to welcoming you next year as you mentioned to "your home way from home", in Egypt..

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The Hilton, Luxor is a fantastic hotel which exceeded our expectations.

Every location throughout the complex is spotlessly clean and beautifully equipped. The rooms are comfortable and the beds amazing. The spacious pool area and gardens are stunning. The separate Spa area is wonderful and provides a great location in which to relax and unwind. We ate in most of the restaurants and particularly enjoyed lunches in Olives and the buffet (breakfast and evening meal) in Rosetta. Thanks to Gamal and Ashraf for looking after us. Having tried both, it is our opinion that the cocktails in the Sunset Lounge are better than those in the famous Winter Palace in central Luxor.

My wife travelled to Egypt with a knee injury and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We needed a local doctor which was arranged promptly and discreetly. Hotel staff even offered to collect prescriptions on our behalf. The kindness shown by all staff was much appreciated and made the holiday extra special despite the inconvenience of a painful knee.

The Valentines massage and afternoon tea in the Nayara Spa were superb - thanks Kelly and Joanne for a brilliant chill out. Our Valentines meal on the banks of the Niles was delicious and memorable - thanks to Mousa and the smiley waiter whose name escaped, me for great service.

What really sets the Hilton apart is the staff; they are brilliant. Thanks especially to Sofia and Mariam on reception for such a warm welcome and caring attitude throughout our stay. Thanks also to duty managers Nour and Khariy for their efficient service and professionalism. Mention must also go to Abd El salam from the Blue Energy team and El azab, “towel folding artist extraordinary” from the housekeeping team.

I would also like to mention staff from Traveline working on behalf of Kuoni. All travel arrangements were seamless and very smooth. In particular I give special praise to our Rep. Ibrahim and our guide to Karnak and the Valley of the Kings, Youla. Their local knowledge was second to non and helped us make the most of our limited time in this amazing city.

This fabulous hotel is all about attention to detail and world class service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. As many other reviewers have stated; Luxor feels very safe and we saw no signs of any trouble relating to the revolution. The city makes a great place for a relaxing holiday with loads to see and do.

Room Tip: Ask for a Nile View room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryvoan
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa via the Tripadvisor site.

It is amazing to read that our resort’s facilities and services exceeded your high expectations and you spent an enjoyable time with us.

I shared personally your great feedback with all of our team members in particular with Gamal, Ashraf, Kelly, Joanne, Mousa, Sofia, Mariam, Nour, Khairy, Abdel Salam and ElAzab who they are very happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your enjoyment.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa on your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

As soon as you step foot in this resort, you can feel the excellent service improving your holiday experience. The team here make it feel as though you are the only customers and personalize the service to your needs. We constantly search for the ideal customer experience and this is as close as I have ever been.

Talk about going the extra mile. Whilst in Luxor I was unfortunate enough to get an eye infection (allergic reaction to the heat). Not only did a member of staff take me to the hospital, but one of the managers insisted on taking me to a specialist!!!! Wonderful, wonderful people.

The food was fantastic with meals being made to suit my wife's limited food likes.

So, in summary, you cannot go wrong here. We will be back in June 2012.

Room Tip: Nile view Deluxe rooms if you can, Check out the spa!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gelliand
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you indeed for your encouraging feedback about your stay with us that you posted on the Tripadvisor site which made me I am proud of our resort and our team members.

I am really happy to know that our service improved your holiday experience. I assure you that your kind comments have been conveyed to our team members and your appreciation concerning their personalized service to you will enable us to continuously strive for excellence.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you soon back again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.