See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2016

I ended up in this hotel when I found out that the hotel o booked originally just next door was not operational. I was looking for a place to stay for the night.
I really have nothing good to say about the hotel.
Far below the standard. Room was really dated and worn out. Bathroom was totally inconvenient and unpleasant to use. No towels in he bathroom at first. I needed to ask for some. I got one in a questionable condition – delivered by the security guard.
I wanted to be out of there the minute I checked in.
Very friendly and helpful staff though – but that unfortunately does not make it a good hotel to stay.
I’m still thinking how are they involved with that business of the closed hotel next door. I could not shake off the feeling like they had some wired part in it, but I can’t point my finger at anything specific.

Room Tip: to find a good room chose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack B
Reviewed September 19, 2016

Good location when going on a safari next morning (if safari starts near City Market). Rooms are ok, wifi was working (even on the far end of the elevators). They also have a restaurant. Nothing special but also nothing bad. Would stay there again. I got reduced rates through my (budget) safari operator,

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Patrick M, General Manager at Hotel Metro Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear JamboHouse,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you indeed enjoyed your stay as well as services. Be assured that we are continuously revamping our services and guest facilities as guided by guest comments and we may just surprise you - in good way - next time.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Regards,
Hotel Metro Team

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip in Nairobi, according to the condition of the hotel I can recommend to any kind of traveler. You will miss only swimming pool, but all the rest no complain..! Very nice and clean rooms with all necessary comfort, during my visit they had only problem with WiFi, was not reach into my room, but I brought with me a portable device for such case of emergency. Thank you for been born in Africa! If you are a traveler who sleep during a day and stay awake at night, then this is also the right hotel, because they have underground pub.

Room Tip: Room where WiFi is reachable
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Patrick M, Manager at Hotel Metro Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Dear Giuseppe,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you indeed enjoyed your stay as well as services. We assure you that we are currently working on solving the WiFi problem by ensuring the signal is equally distributed.

Please visit us again in future.

Management

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Pathetic service. The receptionist was very rude. She kept changing the rates of the room. And then finally allotted a bad room where everything was out of order. The tv the water heater the bathroom all were in shabby condition. Even after repeated requests they couldn't provide with hot water.
Highly not recommend.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank apurbos2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

i stayed there two nights with my husband . i liked the location, the city market was near by, lot of local resturants, a java house across the street.. i only used the room to sleep in the night. there is no ac or fan. they usually leave the bed room window a bit open for ventilation. it was not hot, but there were mosquitos ( they did not bite me as i was under the quit) the room is cramped. they give one bottle complimentary water. however the breakfast in the morning is very very skimpy. the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashwinsgirl
Patrick M, Manager at Hotel Metro Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

Thank you for taking time to give us some feedback. We take this chance to assure you we have made improvements in our service delivery, no effort will be spared in ensuring that all guests experience guest comfort , flawless service and value for their money. Please let us know the next time you will be visiting so that we can reserve one of our best rooms for you and avail you with a new experience of refined our service delivery.