1,151 results
All reviews village market kaya spa jiko restaurant african art shopping mall boutique hotel united nations beautiful hotel public areas rooftop bar business trip nairobi traffic masai mara embassies kenya gym security
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel have a unique taste and look with amazing arithtecture made with Africa history in mind
The food was truly african taste
The training room are modern and designed with African tough
The location is good with green surrounding environment

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Tribe hotel isn't really in downtown Nairobi which makes for a long drive from the airport but its co-location with Village Market makes up for that. The hotel is modern with an interesting design in the common areas as well as the rooms. Wireless internet access is so-so but included in the room rate. The breakfast buffet, while not as varied as the Serena Hotel breakfast, is very good, especially the cooked-to-order omelets. I will return to the Tribe is given a chance.

2  Thank BarbaraB660
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Where do I begin? I came to Tribe after staying in a horrible hotel in Kampala. When I arrived at the plush, green Tribe, I knew my luck had taken a turn in the right direction! The staff were extremely attentive and friendly, the rooms were impeccable, the lobby and other "common areas" were trendy and fun. The Nest on the room is a super fun lounge equipped with a nice view of the pool at night and shisha! The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Breakfast is included (HUGE bonus) and they have everything from omelettes to order, lovely French breads, and fresh fruits. Some of the highlights were--Dawa (a honey-vodka drink), my hair cut (ask for George), meeting Joyce (in the Kaya spa), the vegetable ravioli in sage butter sauce, and chatting with Mary (concierge who hooked me up with a great trip to the national park, giraffe center, and baby elephant orphanage). In short, STAY HERE! I told the staff... it's one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in!

Room tip: Rooms that face the pool can be noisy. Higher floors = great view.
3  Thank TiffanyG870
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've been to most every hotel in Nairobi, they are all have some issue (mostly cleanliness & service). This is great business hotel (yes the internet works great) and a great safari transition hotel. Don't stay at the Norfolk or some cheap hotel on the outskirts - demand from your tour operator the Tribe.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I recently had an overnight at this lovely hotel between flights from Mombasa to Kigali.
When you leave the congested streets of downtiwn Nairobi and walk into this beautiful hotel, it's like an oasis. It is very aesthetically pleasing. The reception desk is customer service oriented and very, very friendly. My check-in was quick and James said it was his duty to give the 'Tribe Experience'.
I was quickly shown to my room and immediately thought there was a mistake. I booked a standard room since my time there was so short but I was suddenly in a two story room with large windows, massive tv and sitting area, bar, guest bathroom and of course the bedroom, bath and jacuzzi tub upstairs. A few minutes later James called and asked if I was pleased with my accommodation. He had given me a complimentary upgrade to the Penthouse Suite. What I found funny, I was reading an in-flight magazine on my flight from Mombasa and found a two page spread of this beautiful room with limited advertising. I noticed it was Tribe and sure enough, it was the room I was given!
Room service is quick and friendly. Dinner at Jiko is divine. The waiters are attentive and always standing by if you have a request. The food is of high quality, generous portions and good selection (more offered on the menu than on the website menu). The wine list is extensive and complements the menu well.
The only reason I gave it an average in location is because the Nairobi traffic. While I realize this is completely out of the responsibility of the hotel, it should be noted if you are a business traveler that you will have to allow more time for travel to the airport. However, It is right next to a major shopping center and you do feel very safe. I still believe a stay at this beautiful hotel is worth it!
Thank you, I really enjoyed my stay.