Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill
US$225
  • Pool
US$85
US$126
All reviewschop houselarder restaurantbusiness loungechef jeffsecurity checkmodern hotelbusiness tripexcellent facilitieslive bandworld classgreat ambienceheated poolconference facilitiesstandard roomenjoyed my stayroom servicemain restaurant
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Staff is very nice. House Keeping is very poor. Quality of food is way below standards. I ordered a steak medium. I got the smallest and thinnest steak I have ever had in my life. Also it was roasted. I don't think they have any good quality Chief's.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Ronny F, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Dear Thusharades,

thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the food experience that you have encountered whilst visiting our hotel. I have share the comments with our food and drinks team to see where we went wrong and can assure you that this is not the normal standard we would like to portray.

If you would not mind and are willing to, it would be great to get some more information regarding your experience (e.g. which restaurant etc,) so we can address the issues more accurately.

Thank you once again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Ronny Fuss - Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2017

We attended the Annual Gala for the Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) towards the end of 2016 and had a great time. Service was wonderful and the banquet went smoothly. The ballroom was spacious and the food was delicious. We had a lovely time and appreciated everything, including the presence of Kenya's Cabinet Secretary for Land, Jacob Kaimenyi.
My only negative observation is that the wait staff may groom a little better (or get paid better if that's the issue, I don't know). Or they all had a bad hair day, lol. It happens. Anyway, I recommend Radisson Blu for any events you might want to hold within the Nairobi Upper Hill area.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Ronny F, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear felix_abur,

thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the event that you attended and thank you for your recommendation.

I appreciate your comment regarding the wait staff (bad hair day) and will review the same.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I always appreciate job done by Hospitality players , The Hostess was very professional and guided us well.Everything was average and i felt that there was a room for improvement.

The food was well spread and our waitress was very sharp and alert.The chefs were running the show in a very systematic manner.

Their dessert station need more touch up.Though my heart has been won elsewhere i will visit in future to check on your salad and dessert station.

well done though.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Samuel,

thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

We appreciate your feedback on your lunch experience and have taken note of the area's where we can improve.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future and exceed your expectations in regards to the salad and dessert buffets available.

with kind regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2017

I am sure you all have a list where not to stay in a given town or city. I have added Radisson Blu to my list.
Here is my story.
A friend and I run a small company and we are big on process management and financial detail. One of the measures we have is buying air tickets from the same agent and paying in advance for our hotel accommodation and this is what we did for my trip to Nairobi to attend a conference. From his desk in Kampala my partner paid the conference fees and the two nights accommodation. In both cases we got acknowledgement of the successful remittance to the two parties. I arrived in Nairobi all fired up and confident only to be asked by the receptionist to show proof of payment before check in. While we waited for this to be sent I took a walk around this well designed and rather chic hotel. It took them almost an hour but they sorted it out and off I went into a nice spacious room. The registration at the conference was all clear without the kind of inconvenience I had experienced the evening before at the hotel.
Fast forward to check out this morning 08:00hrs I proudly announce I am checking out of room 214 can I have my receipt I said. Few clicks on the computer as they do and the receptionist says ‘How would like to settle your account?’ I leaned forward and asked him to say that again and he repeated his question while handing me the bill – Seriously!!! I looked across the counter to the young lady who had made me do a dance two days ago and asked her what this was about. For a few minutes they fumbled around and she vanished into the back room. I was now pacing and getting ready to spur with who ever. Out of the back room came a senior looking lady called Hazel to tell me ‘Dude (ok not like that) your payment has not reflected on our account can you provide additional proof of payment or pay before you go’. Seriously I say Again!!!
Now I could give a blow-by-blow account but that would bore you needless to say I gave all the proof they needed. 09:00hrs I demand to see the manager and forward steps the Front Office Manager who listens to Hazel then also disappears into the backroom 09:10hrs he tells me the money is there only there are number of payments from the bank so they will sort it out you are free to leave!!! 1 hour and 10mins later, Abel the Taxi driver had also waited this long but he is a great guy and an awesome Ambassador for #Kenya.
Radisson Blu could have treated me better and they know it. Proof that they do…you ask..? As I arrived at the airport they called me to offer to pay Abel for my Taxi fare. They asked him to go by the hotel to pick his money. Shame on you Radisson Blu but congratulations you have just made my list where not to stay in #Nairobi.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Ronny F, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Dear Henry,

thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor and please accept our apologies for what has clearly been an underwhelming experience.

I have received the feedback from our team and will contact you through a different platform.

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

I visited this place in 2016 June with my family. This hotel is the best place to bed its very clean very organized.the staff was very attentive and very kind. I had the best night sleep as the place is a very quiet. The service in this hotel was very good and fast.i would choose this place for business, luxur. As it serves both it's absolutel beautiful and the setting as well

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Ronny F, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Dear Alitwala,

thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to Nairobi in the future.