“Excellent service and beautiful place”
Review of The King Post

The King Post
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We really did not book a room at King Post but this is where we held my cousins' henna party. While waiting for our turn, we tried the mani and pedi but I tried the SPA (massage) first. I was right with my decision, the massage was so relaxing, I fell asleep. They did not wake me up since there was no one booked after me, but I woke up on my own since I think I was drooling. They have a shower area and lockers where I can put my things safely. Water is warm enough to enjoy a good bathe, just close the windows since I noticed the windows are facing the hall. The SPA area is a bit dark compared to other SPAs Iv'e beed to, so if you are afraid to be in a dark place alone, bring someone with you. After the SPA and shower, I had my mani and pedi. She got gentle hands, I usually do my own mani and pedi but for her, I'm ok and I'm happy, she is very friendly too.
They said the structure of the buildings are like the houses in Mombasa. They have a pool, big and there is a water falls. There's a bar, coffee shop, restaurant, lounge area (this is where we stayed) a salon and a boutique shop. The rented rooms are located at the back, and they have parking as well. The ladies who attended to us are so accomodating, nice and kind, we have some requests and they gave their best. The party ended up so wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2017

First thing you notice is driving through a road that seems never ending and all of a sudden you are there. There are armed men at the gate and usually you have to pay before you enter the premise. Its very clean. The apartment flats too are totally clean and it feels like home. I love the wooden furniture and the wonderful smell to keep the insects at bay. The beds were very comfortable. whether you call it budget, mid range etc depends on where you are travelling from. I would imagine that for the average Kenyan worker whose salary is circa £500 per month would find this expensive. If travelling from Europe then mid range.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed for three nights at the King Post, two upon our arrival at Nairobi, and one on our return form Safari. The apartments are really spacious, comfortable, and very well decorated with all the commodities and an excellent quality/Price relation. The bar and restaurant, with the terrace on the roof, are also very nice and the meals are very good. We stayed with our three grown up children who also enjoyed the gym and swimming pool. The staff was very kind and very helfull, always ready to answer our needs. We will definitively go back if we have the opportunity!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We didn't have a good start to our visit here as we weren't meet at the airport as planned and confirmed via email. Luckily taxi driver at the airport let us use his phone to call reception who said can i call you back which was not helpful after a long flight. We were then taken and checked in to the sister property up the road which wasn't what we booked. We walked to this property where the manager very quickly apologised and went to collect our bags for us. The apartment is a little dark but has lots of space with 2 bathrooms and enough room for 6 to eat very comfortably. No shampoo but soap provided. No hairdryer but can go to the gym area if you need to use the one there. Nice gym and sauna. Bar entry unusual but is addressed in another review. We wanted to have a drink at the rooftop bar one night but were told there wasn't enough staff available for us to do that. Security very good and we found staff all courteous. We were oposite the bar so was a bit noisy at times as cars leaving from right outside your room in the mornings make it difficult to sleep in if you were in the front bedroom on the bottom floor. A room further in to the complex would probably not have these issues though. Overall a mixed experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GABLESGROUP, Owner at The King Post, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your review, always useful to us. We apologise for the inconveniences you faced. We have taken all on board and we shall make efforts to improve areas you were not satisfied with. We had already pin pointed some of the areas you mentioned and, as we speak, changes are ongoing.

In the past 4-5 months, we have had heavy bookings and high occupancy levels, especially with short term customers. Our management structure has been designed for long term customers staying months, where guests buy their own items for their stay, eg soaps, shampoos, toilet paper etc. and even use the fully equipped kitchen to prepare their meals etc It is their home for them. We still have such guests, one who has even stayed for 7 years and more. But now we are able to host short term guests and are in the process of providing such items as shampoo, liquid soap, hair dryer, drinking water, tea/coffee, iron/press, ...well... items you would find in hotel rooms.

Due to a little push in marketing months back to increase our general awareness, our occupancy levels have suddenly surged, especially with short term guests. The King Post is quite popular and have had great reviews. In order to continue providing efficient services with this increase in short term traffic, we have had to change our organisational structure and management style. New staff have been added and they are undergoing training and understanding what standards we are aiming for. Finding the correct staff has been quite difficult and time consuming. So coping with increase in demand and change in management and staff, at the same time, has caused some challenges.

However, we are working hard to bring all procedures in line to provide a smooth and efficient service, the way we personally wish to experience when we travel to other places. This is our home and we wish all guests who reside here to be happy and satisfied with what we have to offer. We have set ourselves high realistic targets and we have continiously improved oursleves from the very start, adjusting to whatever situations we encounter at any given time.

We hope that when you ever decide to return and stay with us, you will indeed see and feel the improvements and the progress we have made.

Welcome!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The atmosphere of this places is as cool as it looks in the online photos. I don't know if you'd call the architecture Swahili or Moorish, but we felt like we got a little taste of Zanzibar right in Nairobi. We were also impressed by the size of our apartment (amazing for the modest price)... each of our family members and friends literally gasped as they walked in the door. We ate dinner at the hotel, and were impressed by our delicious meal (it took a while, but I think they opened the kitchen and made everything from scratch just for us - it was much better than the packaged and processed food one gets in America). It was very easy to get to, coming into Nairobi from the north (from Lake Nakuru). And the hotel was very generous about letting us modify our reservation at the last minute, which was extremely kind of them. We'd definitely come back, and stay longer next time, if we had business to do in Nairobi.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

At the King post you get value for money. Nice apartments well equipped, great service and charming place. I could have given 5 stars, but a few minor details determined the four. I'll mention one. The beds are small. If you measure over 185 cm, I would choose another hotel if you want a good nice sleep. Anyway. I measure less than 180, so I'll be back

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Chose to visit for a late evening dinner having been told about how wonderful this place is.It is located at the end of Rhapta road,directly opposite the Pride Inn hotel.The security is quick and professional and the gates open up onto a delightful scene of parapets and shimmering light.
The setting is reminiscent of an old castle.The bar and restaurant are located past a swimming pool and are comfy and cozy for a cold Nairobi night.They have another bar upstairs and there is seating sprinkled around the entertainment areas.We proceeded to the top floor which has some views but was fresh and pleasant and certainly comfortable on the cushions.Our order of a burger and steak was delivered promptly and the service was immaculate.There is a great looking gym that was visible from our vantage point.
A great experience and a different setting.Worth a visit.They have membership for the gym we were told as we left.

Stayed: May 2017