“Mid-range hotel”

Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in Nairobi
Paris
“Mid-range hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Pride Inn Hotel Westands road is a so-so hotel with average service.The hotel is located in Westlands which has a number of shopping malls a short taxi ride away. The Indian food in the hotel restaurant was very good. Although the rooms are spacious and clean it gets very noisy in the corridor as sound really carries. This was especially noticeable at night. The hotel reception staff seemed to be disinterested and took a long time to deal with requests, however the restaurant staff were very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Paris33_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The best thing I like about this hotel is its location. Its conveniently located from the city center and still on isolated and quiet road. Very close to two shopping malls - Westgate & Sarit Center and so you can hang around in any of these places.
The rooms are spacious, clean and with modern amenities like LCD tv, digital safe etc.
I stayed here second time and service was gone down this time but still nothing to complain about it.
The restaurant is very good and offers authentic cuisine and so very convenient for Indian travelers.
I am sure I am going to stay in the same hotel during my next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Avadhutjoshi
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We made a one-week reservation, but the entire service experience was strange, beginning when they did not take a credit card to check in. The room was clean, but there were ants in both rooms I stayed in. The cleaning staff kept their supplies in the hallway outside my room and were noisy early in the morning. The internet access was the best part of the hotel, but it did not compensate for the terrible service. After 3 days, I was forced to move to a new room, which was the same room just at the other end of the hallway (but they had warned of this, so that's fine). Then, I returned to my room after work, and the key card didn't work. The front desk staff informed me that I was supposed to check out that morning, but "thankfully they were able to keep me there for one more day." They then said they were full for the following night, and I'd have to leave. I spoke to the manager, who said she emailed and phoned my colleague, but that is easy to verify, and the manager lied. The explanation was that they had to accommodate their "current clients" who had chosen to extend their stay, and they were trying to find alternate rooms for even their current clients. What a way to run a hotel! Beware if you make a long reservation you'll probably have to check out half-way through.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank satraveler77
Galway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed here for the past weekend, we were to stay one more night but moved out early as exhausted.

Problems;
Bedroom incredibly hot and air conditioning poor.

Noisy, noisy, noisy. Woken after midnight by noisy party returning, who shouted and talked along the corridor for over half an hr. And again woken at 6:15am by same group leaving. Back and forth shouting, I came out of my room after 30 mins of noise, 3 different people outside different doors shouting back and forth to each other. I advised them people were sleeping and to be quiet and one of them told me to calm down!!!! I had not raised my voice. Hotel did not give a damn. Staff are sullen. Also kitchens were outside my window and pots and pans clattered late into the night and early morning. Big construction project opposite so noise, noise and more noise and finally to add insult to final insult the morning coffee (after near sleepless night) is Nescafe Instant.

Positives
Dinner night before was good
Bathroom was good

We moved to the Heron, different league. So quiet and while no air conditioning, room is quite cool. There is a fan but I have not needed to use.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Galway_lass007
Darfur, Sudan via Charlotte, NC, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I cannot speak for the PrideInn on Westlands Road, but it's sister hotel on Raphta Road did not live up to the website pics. I can't say that it wasn't clean; it was. But there was a dinginess about the room and the entire grounds that made it appear less than clean. I moved from a front, streetside room that the guards could watch TV through my window, to a much more well-lit and spacious back room. It should've been nice, but it wasn't, and it was nothing really specific, just a overall lowness abounding the place. In the room, there was a disgusting fake animal fur rug in the room that was so used and unsightly that I was literally afraid to step on it. The bedsheets were worn beyond use and the pillows could only be called so because they were rectangular and enclosed in a pillowcase! The staff harassed me constantly for my room key, claiming they needed to get in to clean. Although i told them it was not necessary to clean, and refused to give my room key, I'd return to the room, and they would have cleaned. Obviously, you have another key! And they were so persistent that it caused me to check thoroughly every day to make sure nothing was missing; and to actually carry with me, things that I otherwise would have left in the room. It was actually a feat, accomplished only by loads of alcohol, that I was able to sleep at all due to nightmarish images that kept popping into my head. Therefore, I have to agree with the reviewer who likened it to a horror movie!
I agree with another reviewer about the Manager. The "check-in" room obviously doubles as the office for him and some of his colleagues, and he acts totally put out that one would dare interrupt his "work" to check into the hotel. He was so distant as to actually be rude! And when I saw him around the place, he acted as if he was some demi-god, way beyond speaking to a peon such as myself!
I think the fact that it was used as a residence by some of the guests contributed greatly to its unappealability. Seeing shoes and rugs and prayer mats and laundry outside the rooms in the common walkways was a bit offputting. The concept of living in a hotel is OK. However, one always imagines that the hotel denizens will be more the Oprah in the Ritz sort than the sort that would be otherwise living in a trailer park!
On the plus side, the rooms were quite large, the internet was quite fast, and the immediate hot water in the bathroom was quite welcome. Although the breakfast was horrendously skippable, I ate in the restaurant only one time, but, despite the gloomy atmosphere, found the food quite nice and affordable.
On the BIG plus side, the location was outstanding!!!! Easy zipping here and there, and since was so close to Sarit Center (mall), getting a cab was quick and easy.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, take a room in back. It's near where the "permanent" residents...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Wonderful, I'm currently there and the room Im paying ksh7000 ($85) for is basically a one bedroom house with breakfast. Free wifi, pool, the whole package. Will keep u guys posted

• Stayed August 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

This dingy little motel is not the PrideInn we thought we were being booked into....rather it was a 'sister' hotel of theirs. Our flight back from Malindi was delayed and we checked into the hotel (and I use that word loosely) quite late - other than taking copies of our passport the night manager was rather rude to us. We were shown to our room which was unspeakably shabby - I can safely say the furniture was purchased in the 70's. The room itself was clean, however the bed which was rock hard (and I mean ROCK HARD) had only a sheet with a hole over it to cover the mattress, two pillows and a dodgy blanket. We were originally only supplied with one towel and fortunately the night porter who was hanging around our room looking for a tip got us another one - I'd rather not get into just how bad the bathroom was. We would have left but it was after midnight and we had to be at the airport by 05h00 the next morning. On check out, the early breakfast we had arranged - and had to pay for was no where to be seen, we were also charged a $150 instead of the $117 that they had told us in an early email - again we were fortunate enough to have another "charming" duty manager. STAY AWAY from the place - there are much better places to stay in Nairobi and we will NOT be returning!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple