See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The guest house stay was excellent. The service provided was very good. The place was neat and very clean. It has a large garden also. Wifi Internet is available.The owners Charles and Eva were on hand to ensure we looked after.
The breakfast was sumptuous (Lunch and Dinner can be provided on request).
The location of 140 at Runda is ideal--located near the UNEP setup, Village Market (15 min Masai Market on Fri) and Westlands (20 min).
They have good accommodation for both short and long stay--ideal for tourists, diplomats and UN staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiran Prakash S... V
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I strongly recommend THE 140 if you go to Nairobi. It is a very friendly guest house, near from the UNEP compound. It is like to be at home. The place is very cozy and clean. You can also enjoy a very beautiful garden. Internet is also available. I had a very good stay there and definitely would return if I had to come back to Nairobi.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabriela A
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were a group of 6 travelling to Kenya to do some short term missionary work. Our stay at The 140 was exceptional. In preparation for our trip we really didn't have any expectations and didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival at The 140, we were in awe of the beautiful home, the staff, gardens and surrounding neighborhood. We didn't feel like we had arrived at a guest house, hotel, or B&B, but we felt like we "came home". That feeling of coming home only continued to strengthen as we got to know the owners, the staff and settle into our surroundings. Chef Pius found his way into our hearts very quickly - through our stomachs. Peter and Ali made themselves available at any time and for any reason. All the staff were incredible and catered to our every whim. The owners and staff all took great pride in making sure our every need was met. Our mission work took us into a ghetto slum. Coming to and from The 140 each day gave us a break from the emotional and physical work and the situations we encountered during the day. We were able to recharge and collect our thoughts, pray and refocus for the next day's work.

Although this was a personal trip, as a busines person who travels frequently, I'd stay at The 140 anytime and would prefer this accommodation over a major hotel chain. Their personal approach, serene environment, gated community, close proximity to all the embassey's and other major international Government Houses make this an ideal location.

The 140 is ideal accommodations for a couple, family or if travelling solo. The 140 has private 7x24 gated security, plus it's situated in a gated community. Rooms are beautifully appointed, each with a beautiful color-themed decor, private ensuite bathrooms. There are a couple of self-contained apartments which have their own entrance. The large gardens provide many serene and peaceful alcoves where you can sit and read, enjoy a garden breakfast, candlelight dinner or just meditate.

The location makes for a good "home-base" if you are intending to tootle around Nairobi, Karen, drive out to tea country or even take a few days to go on safari. Easy access to major highways (traffic not-with-standing). The staff are very knowledgeable about sights to see, places to visit, where to shop, Masai markets, and other tourist information.

A second floor, outdoor entertainment lounge area is located above the side garden. Complete with pot-bellied fire urns, umbrellas, vines, shrubs, bar and dining area. Ideal for meetings, star-light dinners, cocktail receptions or just to hang out with a good book.

The 140 features a fully equipped weight and exercise facility.

Although there is no elevator, the staff will bring all your belongings into The 140, suitecases, shopping, soveniers. "Jeeves" is just waiting for your arrival.

Bottom line - you can't go wrong staying at The 140. It really is your home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific. If you don't / can't navigate a flight of stairs, there is a guest room on the main floor, plus a 1 bedroom self-contained apartment. If you're looking for a very large master suite, there is a beautiful corner suite on the 2nd floor - great for a romantic getaway, honeymoon or couple with small child. All rooms are quiet, bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Vicar_of_Dibley
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at The 140. It is a serene homely environment. Charles and Ruth are nice people - they are really caring people. I go to UNEP Gigiri often on business and my intention is to stay at The 140 as long as there are rooms available. It is not far from UNEP Gigiri - the centre of my activities when I am in Kenya.

I have recommended it to colleagues at the Technical Univerisity of Denmark who also go to UNEP on business.

I thank the taxi man - Titus - who introduced me to the The 140.

Room Tip: I Higher floors have less A/C unit noise with reasonable internet connections.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Todd N
The140, Owner at The 140, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

We very much appreciate our guest's response and for creating the time to provide valuable feedback. And we really do look forward to hosting him and his colleagues in future. We strive to provide a homely atmosphere and it very satisfying to receive constructive feedback from departing guests.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I strongly recommend staying at The 140. The place is very nice. The employes are very trustworthy and they are always prepared to serve you. It is a calm and confortable place. The food is also excellent. The directors are kind people.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are excellent places to stay.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
The140, Owner at The 140, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Thank you very much for your review comments. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and truly felt a member of the family whilst staying with us.