“Excellent, well-planned safari!"”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Freddy's 4X4 Jeep Safaris & Day Trips Nairobi
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I'm a 23 year old student who went to Kenya for a volunteer trip. I really wanted to explore Kenya while I was there and see/do as much as I could, and Freddy helped to make that possible. I e-mailed many tour companies (20+) and suggested my ideal itinerary considering the limited time that I had. Many tour companies told me that what I wanted would not be possible due to time constraints, while others quoted extremely expensive prices. However, Freddy was highly accommodating to my specific requests.

Basically, we did a two day, one night Masai Mara Safari, returned to Nairobi, and then did a full day trip to the coast of Mombassa (Wasini Island and Kisite Marine Park)

Masai Mara - We did two days, getting a total of about 8 hours game drive. I was extremely worried because many people told me two days was rushed, and that I would not be able to see enough. We were able to see lots of wildlife and the vastness of Masai Mara was incredible! We saw many hippos, but mostly covered in water or at a distance. We saw lions, ostrich, giraffes, buffalo, antelope, elephants, cubs, zebra, wildabeest and probably a bit more. I was completely amazed at what we got to see within just two days (our driver was excellent!)

OVERNIGHT - stayed at Kimana Tented Camp, which was extremely clean and comfortable. We did not have hot water in our rooms as we expected, but this was not a problem for us. Food was basic and perfectly enjoyable. We were able to leave our cameras and cell phones in the lobby/bar area with staff to be charged without being concerned of theft.

Mombassa - Freddy organized for us a private dhow + guide. We saw many dolphins, enjoyed fun snorkeling, and an excellent lunch. Transportation to/from Nairobi/Mombassa was on a Modern Coach Bus, First Class (Booked by freddy). Do specify first class as seats are extremely comfortable. Took the overnight bus and slept all night, didn't miss my bed one bit!

Payment - Freddy request a deposit be sent via Western Union. We were scared about this but saw that this is required of most operators. Also, he sent us e-mails from previous clients to help us feel comfortable with the payment aspect. He met us personally in Nairobi to collect the rest of payment.

Overall, our trip was excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending Freddy Safaris!

3  Thank neeeshxox