All reviews red cross close to the airport domestic airport rooms are large wilson airport world class excellent hotel long flight breakfast buffet stayed one night east africa conference facilities main restaurant modern hotel gift shop business hotel national park
Reviewed May 1, 2015

I consider myself quite travelled around the world, and have been lucky to visit many 5 star hotels, including a Middle East one rated 7 star. I must say I was blown away – first, with the very high level of professionalism of the staff; from the gate and arrival, to the reception/ front counter, sports/spa and more so the food and beverage/restaurant! Honestly, The BOMA Hotel Nairobi beats and/or compares equally to European & Middle East 5star hotels! The service orientation absolutely matches that of hotels in South-East Asia, long reputed for their ''out of this world'' customer care! The facilities in the hotel are modern and the standards of cleanliness are impeccable! After my stay with several members of my family the week after Christmas and over New Year’s Day, I recommended the hotel to my brother and his family who had initially planned to reside elsewhere, (nothing against their initial choice) and he too did not regret the decision to give this place a shot! I couldn't resist visiting again – actually, I thought the service was spruced up due to the holiday season and would be different after. . . . But what a pleasant surprise I got – NOTHING had changed! In fact, a lot had improved for the better at all levels! I’m looking so much forward to visiting again. It’s a place I’ve recommend to my colleagues hoping to visit Nairobi – business or leisure. I’m confident of the positivity the hotel can deliver to their travel experience. I deeply regret not posting this review earlier for lack of time! Keep up the good work BOMA!

Room Tip: You will get quality rest and relaxation in every room, but the roomy Jacuzzis on the 8th floor just made my day!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Catherine R
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

Hello Catherine R,

Thank you for the review.
Our team is quite motivated with your feedback, especially the success in delivering a consistent level of service. We hope that as you travel, we will get an opportunity to benchmark ourselves against our colleagues in other parts of the world.
Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2015

We only had one night in this hotel but it was beautiful. Rooms were very large and modern. It also had a casual restaurant, as opposed to one you have to dress up for, which had a great menu. Unfortunately it wasn't in an area where you could just go out of the grounds for a stroll.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy M
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2015

Hello Nancy,
Thank you for your review.
We appreciate your feedback and hope that on your return visit, you will have time for a stroll in our expansive complex

Reviewed April 27, 2015

The rooms are great and clean..with great conditions. altought, the rest of the service lacks a little bit. on our last day, the main restaurant served us very badly. the wine took 20min to get to the table (and the bottle was hot), the mis-en-place was not done...the food was regular...and the employees didn't asked us neither for dessert or coffee...
The breakfast was nice....

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Café P
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Hi Bruno,
Thank you for your review.
We regret that our F&B service was an anticlimax for what could have been a great experience at Boma. The team is disappointed for getting such basics of service wrong and has taken responsibility for making up to you anytime you are in our neighborhood.

Reviewed April 18, 2015

Our Kenyan Airways flight was cancelled so they put us in the hotel for the day until the next flight. I was expecting a sub-standard hotel, but props to both Kenyan Airways and Boma Inn for an excellent experience in customer service. The hotel was incredible and the staff went above and beyond for what could have been a really bad experience for all. Angry Kenyan Air customers having a cancelled flight could make for a difficult customer experience, but the staff handled everything perfectly (allowing everyone to eat breakfast before standing in the check-in queue a mile long), and checking everyone in very efficiently. We were immediately taken care of. The hotel also has a gym with a sauna and steam room, so I had time to work out, take a steam and relax in the really nice rooms. The shower and bathroom were well stocked and really clean. Could not have asked for a better hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Lauren W

Hello Lauren,
Thank you for your feedback.
We appreciate your feedback and thank Kenya Airways for introducing you to our facilities. We hope to be on your itinerary during your subsequent visits to our city.

Reviewed April 17, 2015 via mobile

I have visited the Boma several times and the facility is good for hosting conferences and meetings. Accessibility, staff professionalism and friendliness, equipment, snacks, lunch... it's all there in the package.
Beyond this is the knowledge that the revenue earned by this hotel ends up supporting the mission of the Red Cross. One can be assured that in a way they are contributing to corporate social responsibility by enjoying the services at the Boma

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Hi Wangari M,
Thank you for your review.
We appreciate the feedback and hope that you will consider us should you need seminar facilities.