Palacina Residence & Suites
Agoda.com
US$109
US$78
Priceline
All reviewsmoonflower restaurantlarge suiteresident tortoisesjacuzzi bathbeautiful boutique hotelmassage roomlong term stayliving roomfull kitchenstate housecouple nightsan oasisoutdoor poolmy home away from homelong flightlike coming homespent one night
Reviewed January 28, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Palacina for three nights in between traveling through east Africa. Our experience was delightful and comfortable. Staff is friendly, breakfast is good and the rooms are newly remodelled and inviting. We felt very safe and even though we spent most of our time catching up on sleep from time changes we were happy to be at Palacina. Would recommend.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Dear Jess,

On behalf of the whole team at Palacina; thank you very much.
We are pleased that you had a relaxing stay and we thank you for choosing us as your home in Nairobi.

Best wishes,

Tony sawe

Reviewed January 27, 2016

Palacina was truly like coming home, if my house was a palace! Especially for somebody who has lived with a Kenyan dream since Out of Africa. Palacina is absolutely fabulous built in the style of a villa with lush gardens, beautiful lounges and lobbies all around and the most romantic veranda along the entire stretch of this beautiful house. Greeted by the loveliest, funniest and most witty staff anywhere, they became my friends and a place I can't wait to go home to. I stayed in Suit 16, and never wanted to leave the hotel! On my last morning I woke up, so sad to leave Palacina and my new circle of friends. Sitting around in all the beautiful sofas decorated in peaceful sandy colours, writing on my new novel set in Nairobi, was like honey to my soul. Occasionally the lovely adventure manager, my dear friend Mohamed, the Teller of all Tales, would make me go on a trip to get out. I loved the conversations with all the drivers, Cyrus and Peeta and Francis immensely and learnt so much about your beautiful country. Clean beyond belief, friendly as can be, luxurious by the stuff dreams are made of, sober and stylish and elegant and low key, fun and never ever lonely although I travelled by myself. And the egg chefs for breakfast, the sweet ladies in the breakfast lounge, the laughing waiters for dinner, Benson my friend the porter, Winnie in reception, Paulina, oh I can't stop writing about how much I adored staying with you. Please forgive me for not remembering all your names just now, sitting here with a cold in a wet and dreary Sweden - I do remember all of you! Thank you!

Room Tip: Rip the wet cover out of the amazing bed and ask for a room where the sun reaches your terrace. Nothing more to ask for, its all there!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

Dear Lina,
What a wonderful review!
It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you to Africa and to Nairobi and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Best wishes from your home in Nairobi...

Reviewed January 22, 2016

I have stayed at Palacina a number of times on business and it has been a pleasure every time. The quality of the property is excellent and relaxing after a long plane ride or day at the office. The staff are attentive and extremely capable. Always love coming back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

What a wonderful review!
Thank you very much and we look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes from us all.

Reviewed January 13, 2016

This is the third time that we visited the Palacina. On two occasions we had just come from the Mara North Conservancy and were a little dirty on arriving at this lovely hotel.
The rooms are excellent, very comfortable and have a small kitchen area if you want to use it. The first time we came here we were given a suite, it was huge and whilst we were only there for about 8 hours it was a very nice unexpected treat.
The hotel is a very good area and we felt very safe during our stay.
We also received a complimentary bottle of fizz, very nice, thank you. This went great with the room service we ordered.
We would definitely stay again,

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toni P
GM-TZC, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Dear Toni,
The team and I were delighted to see your review and the pleasure is always ours.
We have just opened our new residences and my (biased) opinion is that they are the most comfortable and the largest in Nairobi. We look forward to placing you in one of these and hearing your opinion.
Thanks again and happy 2016!

Reviewed January 10, 2016

Stayed for 9 days using as a base for Nairobi and beyond. The suite, facilities and public areas were beautiful and comfortable, and exuded a level of subtle and tasteful tranquility one doesn't normally find, let alone in a busy city environment, with gardens that were a well kept and relaxed haven of green and peace and wonderful to spend time in. I could've stayed there for months. To return to our room, or the lounge, dining area or garden after being out in the madness of Nairobi's traffic or ending a busy day sightseeing around or beyond the city was a joy. To say the staff were pleasant is an understatement; they were very friendly, polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, and they enhanced the experience of just being in this beautiful environment. Having stayed mainly during the post Christmas week meant it was quiet as many locals that love the place were away on holidays in what must've been a fully booked Mombassa or beyond, and internationals were probably on their way or at a safari lodge already, but the service and dedication of staff made our stay memorable. Spend a little more than you might staying in a large property without what this place has and you'll rave about the experience.

Room Tip: If fortunate enough to get a suite with its subtle charm and beautiful and tastefully appointed decor grab it and enjoy.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Daryl,
What a wonderful review... I have read it to the team and their smiles say it all.
Thank you very much and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Our best wishes,