All reviews decent variety of food business meeting very pleasant stay hotel is located business district front office the hotel is clean short stay taxi service conference room stayed for one night indian food rooms are large convenient location hot water walking distance other hotels
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Very good service. I was there for 5 days and have no real complaints Most everything was to my liking. The Rain Shower Head was absolute HEAVEN!!! So if the shower is a top priority like it is for me this is the place to stay.

Room tip: Ask for a quite room.
Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ImathiuK, Esales Manager at The Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

kmatth774327,

Wow, another perfect review!!!!! We appreciate the time taken to provide your positive feedback into your stat as well as choosing The Monarch Hotel for your recent stay.

With this regard, we welcoming you to stay with us anytime you looking for accommodation in Nairobi.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We enjoyed our very brief stay. Cosy, modern and large rooms with a very good bathroom/shower but the beds are clearly not designed for tall people thus making them abit uncomfortable.The breakfast could also be better.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HopeNairobi,

Thank you for choosing The Monarch Hotel for your recent visit. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you once again in future.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

I love staying at Monarch Hotel. It is a very well run, family run hotel in Kilimani. The rooms are modern and very clean, the bed is great, the food is good, the staff really friendly, making me feel at home every time again.

cweima722429,

It is always refreshing to hear from our repeat guests. I am happy than we have once again made your stay an enjoyable one and I do appreciate the positive insight you have provided about your stay.

We do look forward to hosting you once again and providing the quality hospitality experience that you have come to expect from The Monarch Hotel.

Regards,
Imathiu K - Esales Manager.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

There was no hot water in the room. I complained the night before but nothing was done. The following morning I had to shower with cold water. I paid approx $80 for a room that had no hot water. I was never compensated nor given any kind of complementary service such as a free breakfast or lunch. Avoid this place if you can.

Trip type: Travelled solo
ImathiuK, Esales Manager at The Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear Bari,

Greetings from The Monarch Hotel.

First of all thank you for taking time to provide feedback, good or bad we always appreciate any information from our guests in order to ensure we provide the highest quality of service.

Second on the issue you have raised, I would like to express my sincerest apology for the inconvenience faced during your stay. Kindly note that we do provide hot water for all our rooms and thus I am shocked that you neither got to enjoy this nor did anyone followup on the issue after your complaint. I have tried to follow up on this and have not received any information on the same. I therefore kindly request you to reach me directly at esales@monarchhotelskenya.com so that you may provide the exact details on the issue and so that I may be able to offer you compensation for the issue faced.

Please do note that we do hold customer satisfaction as our number one priority at The Monarch Hotel and therefore I once again apologize that for you this was not the case.

I do look forward to hearing back from you and hope that despite the misfortune, you will be able to give us another opportunity to provide you with the memorable experience that Monarch Hotel is famous for.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Spacious, clean, well appointed room. Wonderfully warm & welcoming staff. Restaurant offers a decent breakfast. Dinner menu provides good choice and chef is flexible. Good proximity to universities + CBD (important, given manic traffic in Nairobi).

Trip type: Travelled on business
ImathiuK, Esales Manager at The Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Linda T,

Greetings from The Monarch Hotel.

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at The Monarch Hotel.

Your positive feedback is highly appreciated by the whole Monarch Team. I am glad that we were able to meet all your expectations in all aspects of the hotel. This is what we always strive to provide to ALL our guests.

I do hope we shall have the opportunity to host you once again.

Imathiu K