All reviews sand river giraffe manor guide moses game drives across the river elephants eating plunge pool masai mara front row seats safari experience unforgettable days hot water miles and miles cooked breakfast sitting room incredible job the managers
Reviewed February 28, 2017

As the location where I spent the conclusion of my tour of Kenya, this was easily my favorite place. Sala's Camp is a beautiful place in the middle of the Masai Mara. Bordering the Sand River this camp provides breathtaking views and a reminder that you are surrounded by wildlife. It was a very freeing and comforting to be staying in the middle of such a beautiful and ecologically rich area.

The rooms at Sala's provide seclusion to make it feel like there is nobody around you but the wildlife and they also give a level of comfort that I did not expect to find. The room decor fits seamlessly with the Safari vibe and the large rooms with their deck add to the ambiance of the camp. Coming back from early morning game drives to relax in my room, on the camp was a perfect activity for the late morning and early afternoon.

The managers, guides, and staff of the camp were extremely welcoming and further added to my stay. Enjoying a game with the staff and the other guests of the camp was great fun, and it just provided another example of the staff working to ensure my stay was unique and tailored to me as possible. They looked to forge relationships and make sure that the camp is reaching your expectations. Having come with no expectations of my stay, I can say that staying in this level of luxury and with people who care about making sure you have the best visit, that this is the best way to go on a Safari. You will see how important it is to stay on a Safari with a group that looks to tailor to every individual experience and provides the utmost luxury in the middle of the bush.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan S
TSCmanagement, Manager at Sala's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Thank you so much Ryan for taking the time to write such an amazing review of Sala’s Camp. It is always our pleasure reading from happy clients who seem to have found a new home away from home staying with us. The new rooms at Sala’s Camp have been designed to give clients high levels of comfort and having a plunge pool to dip and relax after a long day in the bush is a great addition. We look forward to hosting you again soon for more of The Safari Collection hospitality.

Reviewed February 26, 2017

We flew here from Sasaab with our 12 year old granddaughter and we were delighted to be upgraded to the family suite on arrival and loved our spacious and comfortable accommodation. The 'tents' are well equipped with every conceivable need including painting gear for the artistically inspired. The staff are friendly and helpful and service exceptional. We loved our early morning wake up calls with a beautifully laid trays of tea and biscuits, popped through the window and the hot water bottle was a lovely surprise at night (especially the lion cover in our granddaughter's bed). As the camp is within the National Park, animals are everywhere and a highlight was waking up to hear and see (and smell!) an elephant eating the bushes right outside our tent. Nixon and Anthony were superb guides and interesting company and Anthony made a special effort to involve and inform our granddaughter who loved sitting in the spotters seat on top of the safari vehicle with him. I am not sure we could have packed any more sightings into our 3 night stay, including a dominant male lion with his kill en route for the air strip. We were also privileged to see a pangolin, a very rare sighting of this endangered species. With bush breakfasts, 3 course lunches and dinners, tea & cake and sundowners - you won't starve here - all delicous. We were looked after extremely well and felt very privileged to have had this experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean M

Thank you so much Jean for sharing this beautiful review of Sala’s Camp. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the camp and the food too. The camps location in a secluded part in the south of Masai Mara makes it rich in wildlife and we most certainly hope to host you again during the migration. Sala’s Camp has two family tents and we are glad you got to experience a stay in one of them. They make it comfortable for families with children and our guides always go the extra mile to make sure that the little ones are well taken care of. Please do keep a tab by following us on Instagram, twitter and facebook at thesafaricollection for more updates.

Reviewed February 22, 2017

Being in tourism myself, and having visited other properties in this portfolio, I had high expectations... but Sala's Camp exceeded them! Perfect location, comfortable safari vehicles, attentive staff and the most amazing meals!

Two leopard sightings and three lion sightings in 48 hours and no other vehicles to be seen - wow, were we really in the Mara?

Now we just need to come back and visit during Migration Season!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of Sala’s Camp. We are honoured to have exceeded your expectations and we most certainly hope you can make it for the migration this year! Sala’s Camp has the perfect location close to Tanzania with wonderful views of the Serengeti National Park and is one of the first camps in the Mara to witness the legendary annual migration of wildebeest, which thunders by from June to September each year. We cannot wait to start planning your next Kenyan Safari.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

My family and I stayed at the Sala’s Camp in Kenya in December of 2016. Would we stay here again? Yes. Would we recommend it to friends? YES!!!!!!

This is one of my family’s top travel experience of all time. While technically you stay in tents, because the walls are canvas, the tents are nicer than most hotel rooms that you will stay in. Each night you can hear the animals are around you. You can sit on your deck, or lounge in your private pool, an watch elephants, giraffes, and other animals on the other side of the Sand River.

The service was top notch. Not a single complaint. While expensive, it is certainly worth it. We never heard the word “No” or the phrase “Sorry we can’t” once during our stay.

The food, while amazing, was also remarkably healthy. Some nights, all the guests ate all at one long dining table. It actually reminded me of old movies where all the guests at a small hotel gather before they dine for drinks.

The game drives were amazing; we were able to see all of the Big 5. Our guide and driver were great. Having breakfast each morning out on safari while watching the hippos play in the river will be a memory that I never forget. The sundowners each night out on the Maasai Mara was a great way to top of the day’s game drive.
I have uploaded lots of pictures of the manor for you to get a better picture of what it is like.

If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.

Room Tip: Tents 6 and 7 have private pools.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank ToonTowner
TSCmanagement, Manager at Sala's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Many thanks for this great review of Sala’s Camp. We are more than happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the camp and that the staff made you feel at home. Sala’s Camp is designed to comfortably accommodate families, having two family tents that can each take a family of 2 Adults and 2 to 3 children. The cook-out breakfast is an amazing experience and pleased that it was a highlight during your stay with us. Keep a tab for more updates by following us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook at thesafaricollection.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

I am at a loss of words because anything I say won't accurately describe how wonderful this lodge and the staff are. The manager (I'm embarrassed because I can't remember his name but he was a older British man) was extraordinarily kind. I can tell he is part of the reason that the staff follows suit. The game drivers Nixon and Antony were very knowledgeable and extremely kind. I honestly felt at home here. The staff made sure that I was well taken care of.
The room itself was breathtaking. It looks out to the reserve and a river where you can see wildlife. I had seen elephants at the river my first day there. The food here is WOW! I don't know what is different here than the other lodges but the cooks definitely know what they are doing. Out on the drives there are plenty of animals to see and the option to get close enough to get amazing photos. I am already thinking about when I can return again because the hospitality, scenery, and relaxation you'll get out of this trip is 110% worth it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Beej147

It is a pleasure to read your amazing review of Sala’s Camp. Sala’s Camp was refurbished in 2016 and has definitely been designed to make all the guests feel welcome and enjoy maximum relaxation. Our game drives always have a spotter and a guide so as to maximize on the clients game viewing experience and we are happy that you found this helpful. We are most definitely looking forward to the opportunity of hosting you again for another exciting trip to the Masai Mara.