All reviews basecamp explorer walking safari outdoor shower game drives female guide salt lick watering hole guiding school eco lodge masai guides local community fantastic days vantage point water hole animal behavior two nights main tent
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Eagle View was fantastic! We spent 2 nights there and loved our stay. One night, elephants came right up to our tent! The views were spectacular and the food was amazing. The tents themselves were so comfortable. While staying at Eagle View, we continued our safari drives with our fabulous guide, Lorna. She one of a few female guides in the Conservancy, and she helped us spot so many animals! Mara Naboisho is smaller than the national reserve, but we saw so many animals including tons of elephants, lions, cheetahs, and leopards. We had such an amazing time and I would highly recommend Basecamp to anyone looking to do a safari in Kenya.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BasecampKenya, Manager at Eagle View, Mara Naboisho, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Dear Silvia,

We certainly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us and are pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations, as well as the service from our team! We invest a lot of time and effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of service is administered to our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed some of the activities that only Naboisho Conservancy guests are allowed to participate in since they are not permitted elsewhere. We would be delighted to host you again in the great Savannah and make your stay even more memorable. Thank you and all the best!

Reviewed October 20, 2018

I have been to safaris in Botswana and South Africa, and our experience at Eagle View and sister-site Leopard Hill was unparalleled when compared to previous safaris. We stayed for 6 nights spread between the two camps.

The rooms and locations were perfect and the staff were all very professional and every task was met with a smile. Special commend to Manager Alphonse for going out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Wildlife viewing was so good we actually got BORED of seeing lions as we saw them every day, along with all the usual species in the area.

I would not hesitate to recommend Eagle View and Leopard Hill for your stay in Kenya.

Date of stay: May 2018

Dear Jayce,

We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your ‘Amazing Experience' with us. You sure know how to make the team smile as everyone was positively beaming to hear that you had the most ‘unbelievably amazing time’ with us. We have to say we love having you with us and enjoyed hearing that you experienced all that was on offer. Alphonse and the entire team were so thrilled to hear your kind words about how much you enjoyed soaking in the views and wildlife from the deck, but it was your kind words about the team that really made our day. Thank you too for your kind recommendation, it truly means a great deal and we just hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Eagle View soon to make even more memories.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

My husband, sister and brother-in-law stayed at Eagle View for 2 nights on our way to Basecamp Masai Mara. The view from the stone patio is amazing! You can view the animals and the Mara from several sitting areas and can find shady areas if you want to escape the sunshine. The food at the restaurant is outstanding and the waiters are friendly, engaging and spoil you completely. Our waiter was Andrew and he was wonderful! Our guide was Lorna, one of only 3 female guides -- she was a wonderful guide, very knowledgeable and friendly, great personality, we thoroughly enjoyed her (she came with us to Basecamp Masai Mara so we were very fortunate to have her for 4 days!)

The tents are private and quite nice -- a ceiling fan would have been nice but understand they don't fit into the eco lodge concept. You can hear the animals at night, sometimes quite dramatically! The Maasai guarding the tents at night take very good care of you.

The strength of this camp is the people -- your guide and the service people, we weren't terribly impressed by the "management"/front desk -- I had an unfortunate incident after arriving back from a night safari -- it was very dark and there really are no lights along the parking area and trails. The Maasai guards were there with flashlights but I walked along the trail and didn't see a large rock which I tripped over, landing very hard on my knees and then my face. I had a lump on my forehead the size of a goose egg and my knees were both cut and bleeding. I first went back to my tent where my sister (who is a doctor) cleaned and bandaged my knees. We then walked back to the main camp so I could apply an ice pack to the lump on my forehead which was getting larger and larger. My brother-in-law had gotten a first aid kit from the front desk and was struggling to activate the cold compress while I sat on the sofa with my legs up. Not one person from management came by to check on me. Somewhere a remarkably kind young man named Johnson came over, figured out the cold compress and held it to my head. His kindness and compassion radiated through him. After awhile we got up to go to dinner (although I was still so shocked by the fall that we went back to the tent instead -- thank heavens for Johnson who also brought my husband dinner because my husband wouldn't leave me alone in the tent. ) -- we passed by an employee who was on his laptop (the laptop area overlooks the sitting area) and asked him what Johnson's name as we hadn't gotten it -- he told us Johnson's name but wasn't too interested in anything else. I wouldn't really think that much of this except when we were checking out the same man came over to make sure we wrote in the visitor log -- so, he's clearly management -- his lack of interest in my injury which occurred at his camp left a sour taste in my mouth and my husband's.

I read a recent review who wrote about the night drive and infrared light -- we also did a night drive and none of us enjoyed it, we felt like we were disturbing the animals. We enjoyed the Sundowners but the next night we asked our guide to skip the night drive and didn't miss it at all.

The camp is lovely and the people are lovely, I do recommend staying here.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights on this luxurious camp with lovely, friendly stuff and amazing sceneries with wildlife around all the time. Enjoyed sitting on the terrace watching gazelles, antilopes and baboons coming to drink at the water hole. The sceneries from our beautiful, well equipped tent were gorgeous too.
Very good meals and great, friendly service. Our fantastic guide Manfred took us to new exciting game drives every day. The Naboisho Conservancy is a gorgeous area, so much wildlife around, many species of birds and animals. We really saw and experienced a lot! We did a walking safari here too, as we did in Wilderness Camp, and it was again a great morning exercise in the beautiful nature, among all the animals. Friedly, fantastic Masai guards and guides taking good care of us and giving us information of the nature was an unforgettable experience. A big thank to the lovely stuff. Hope to see you soon again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate having taken your time to review our camp and for your positive comments regarding your stay at Eagle View Camp. We are really happy to know that all aspects of your stay were up to your needs and to your satisfaction. We will certainly share your feedback with the entire staff as it will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we strive to continuously ensure guests have a more memorable safari experience. It will be a great pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I was volunteering in a nearby project and visited fairly frequently over. 2 week period.

The view is outstanding and the beer cold!

I think they are missing a trick tho in the sense of not offering bar snacks like crisps and nuts as this would have been popular with volunteers and extra income for the basecamp.

Nonetheless, a great experience!

I would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much for such a positive review. Basecamp Team is delighted to know that you enjoyed your visits to the camp. It's our highest priority to keep a high level of satisfaction to all our guests. It was great hosting whenever you came and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.