All reviews plunge pool outdoor shower talek river rivers meet lit candles chef simon free standing bathtub claw foot bathtub ultimate luxury piece of land luxury tents wifi worked well food is excellent hippos and crocodiles our waiter bush shower absolute highlight
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Ngenche is set at the joining of two rivers the Mara and the Talek, beautiful location with the sound and sights of hippos just below you.
Paul the manager was very welcoming as were the other staff.
The tents are indeed luxury and the bath excellent feature to have after a long dusty game drive, they are also very well kept by the housekeeping, I also like the non white towels and the candle lit bath time.
The layout of the tent was lovely and the way dining and the bar and restaurant were presented was also excellent.
Sundowners was also truly magical.
The food was lovely although only once did they manage to get my food request right although the waiter told me... ' He knows exactly what I like' I don't like to waste food but if my food is covered in sauce I won't eat it,although they did not put cilantro in my food but they were for warned before I visited by EBC.
There was a few things that niggled me ( I think I'm getting to old for this safari malarkey !)
They ran out of Tusker I do appreciate that they are in the bush but this is a top of the range place to visit, I'm lucky enough to pay resident rates but if I was paying tourist rates I would not expect this to happen,they also ran out of bitter lemon and did not offer a choice of diet sodas,
We do not like staff 'hanging' around waiting to be tipped which all 4 of us felt that one person in particular did.
Another unfortunate incident was the fact that the pump broke for our water so we were unable to shower on the last morning, although they did fix it pretty quickly and offered us to have a shower which we declined as we were already packed and ready to hit the road to get back to Nairobi.
Although I have lived in Kenya for 3 1/2 years timing is something I will never get used to if we say breakfast at 7 for us to leave at 7:30 that's what we like not breakfast at 7:25 and we leave at 7:55.
Apart from the glitches we really enjoyed our stay and feel that having stayed at all of four of Atua Enkope places Elephant bedroom is still my number 1 (no surprise there!).
Atua Enkope (hopefully spelt correctly) has the perfect formula and offer something different in each of their camps, to help visitors get the best out of their trip.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
judebaraza, Operations Manager at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Thank you you for your detailed review of our camp. It was our pleasure hosting you at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp. As an organization we take all our guest comments very seriously and assure you that all the areas of concern that you raised and were noted and where neccessary addressed. We hope that you will be traveling to the Mara soon and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

We returned home on Saturday from Kenya. It’s hard to put into words how impressed all of us were with Ngenche Camp. Everything was perfect!!! Paul and the staff were truly amazing and provided better service than I could have ever imagined. The facilities were 5 star. The location on the Mara river and the abundance of animals was truly incredible. The food couldn’t have been better. We looked forward to each meal with anticipation. The drivers were fun and interacted so well with our four children. A few highlights were the surprise appetizers and drinks with a fire in the middle of the safari one evening and the last dinner where they wrote each of our names on the dessert plate. There were so many “wow” moments! I highly recommend the Ngenche camp to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
judebaraza, Operations manager at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review of our camp. We truly appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Mara Ngenche Safari camp. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Kenya.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We spend a long weekend in Mara Ngenche tented camp. This place is uniquely positioned in the pocket where the Mara and Talek rivers meet. With just 10 tented accommodations, the attention and hospitality for the guests is simply outstanding. The tents have standard of a five star hotel room and services the same levels. Food is above all expectations. The game drives with our guide Tmut where absolutely great. Thank you Gordon and Paul and team for a memorable experience and your good company. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend others to come and visit your great site.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
judebaraza, Operations Manager at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Your review is highly appreciated, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Mara Ngenche Camp. It is out hope that you will be visiting us again and look forward to hosting you. We have other properties in Samburu and Nakuru that we are sure you would enjoy equally.

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We were a family of seven with 2 children under 8. We enjoyed our stay very much. Big thanks to the entire Ngenche team, they are an excellent team. Our hotel guide and driver Joseph made the trip very memorable by showing us the best of Mara. We will surely be back. I highly recommend Ngenche for families with children and vegetarians.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our Mara Ngenche Camp. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit. We have other properties in Samburu and Nakuru that we are sure you would enjoy

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

The Mara Ngenche hotel is sitting with natures finest , located close to the banks of the river .

I don't think anyone can imagine in their conscious mind an exclusive, luxurious , and breath taking place such as the Mara Ngenche Hotel.

The food and service was beyond my expectations , further more , the chef was kind enough to adjust anything I required according to my diet .

The manger Paul took in great lengths to find out our personal details , given so ; he found it was my birthday soon ! The hotel staff surprised me with a beautiful cake .

I must add , there has been lengthy details taken in the architecture of the place , the rooms are very spacious. I went with 2 of my closet friends . Initially this was not on our choice of hotels . However , it was the only hotel that allowed all three of us to stay comfortably in the same room without adding an extra bed ! ( 2 king size beds )

The beds were not only large in size , they are by far the most comfortable beds. I have slept in !

To experience nature and luxury in one place I highly recommend this place !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
judebaraza, Operations at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Thank you for your detailed and wonderful review of our camp. It was our pleasure hosting you at Mara Ngenche Safari camp and we look forward to doing the so again in future. You can also visit our other camps in Samburu and Nakuru.