This lodge does not disappoint (except perhaps the nights they do a fixed menu rather than the buffet, but that's a personal choice matter). The food was excellent otherwise and we really enjoyed the option of having our omelettes custom made each morning (even at the breakfast on the savannah following the hot air balloon ride).
Rooms are comfortable, turn-down service includes dealing with the mosquito netting. It was a shame there was no screen on the door which would have allowed us to keep the door open through the night, but that's a minor thing. One thing, the electricity is apparently turned off to the rooms at periods during the day and late at night so be prepared for that.
I actually saw and photographed a great deal of the smaller wildlife whilst sitting on the patio overlooking the plains (birds mostly, but also the agama lizard and hyrax). We had 3 nights there and would most definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve