My wife and I stayed at the Mara for 3 days to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary . We could not have been more pleased. Everything was first class and the location of the hotel overlooking the Mara can't be beat. Our wildlife photos were spectacular. We saw Impala, baboons, Cape Buffalo, elephants and a lioness from the window of our room. We were fortunate to stay during the migration and there were hundreds of thousands of wildebeest just a short game drive away. The food at the Mara was the best we had at any lodge or tent camp during our 9 day trekking tour which involved stays at 4 preserves in Kenya and Tanzania. The all you can eat breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets are included in the room price and offer many choices for all tastes including vegans. Internet service has a cost of $3 for every 15 minutes so you can at least send an e-mail to family. There is no TV in the rooms but then again why would you want one at this wilderness resort. You are charged seperately for any beverage (except juice at breakfast) including bottled water so plan accordingly. The rooms were thoroughly cleaned every day and laundry prices were reasonable. This is a 36 year old resort done in the local Manyatta style of the Masai . The rooms and bathroom have all been recently renovated. Mosquito nets are included around the beds for those worried about it. We would deffinitely go back to the Mara and stay at the Serena. The service is world class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve