All reviewssuperior viewchef georgegame drivesresident warthogsprivate airstriprose petalsmorning wake up callinfinity poolluxury tentsoloololo gatesafari guidesouth africamara triangleour waitertea and biscuitsgreat migrationhot water bottles
Reviewed November 18, 2017

The staff including Stanley were so kind and helpful. You are greeted with a song, smiling faces and a warm welcome!

They make you feel instantly at home.

The property is unique because it caters to groups and also due to their location they do not have a private farm. That makes a huge difference because it is challenging for the chefs to provide anything special to eat as it is a buffet and there are no fresh farm to table food like at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge their flagship property. With that said, the chef went out of his way to provide a special treat for me since I am not a big fan of buffets and I was there for 4 nights. They could not have been nicer to me and I was grateful because this was very early in my safari so a perfect place to begin.

The tent is lovely and they provided a fan for more comfort. Henry could not do enough and the the guide I had was fabulous. There were not a lot of animals close by but Charity was so willing to go wherever we needed to go to find beautiful animals She is a very special, professional guide and I loved my time with her. I had a private vehicle and guide for my trip which makes a difference.

I truly fell in love with the staff and they will remain in my heart forever. As all properties there are always small ways they can personalize your visit and I think they are working on it as there clients are extremely important to them and they made a huge investment in upgrading the property a couple of years ago.

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms are on the front so you have wonderful unobstructed views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2017

There is nothing i can say was not right. food , rooms, service locations . above all the game drives and the tour guide was A class

i will always recommend kitchwa tembo road and flying packages A star

Room Tip: view into the savanah
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Surinder K
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

The only thing resembling a "tent" is that the luxurious rooms are encases in canvas. But you won't be in your tent much because the game drives are exhilarating, exhausting and sometimes delicious. Our guide and tracker, Protus, was extremely knowledgeable and great at locating cheetahs, lions, rhinos, hippos and all other sorts of wildlife. Since the concession abuts the Oloololo national park, guest get to enjoy both for varied experience - the wide open Masai Mara, the Mara river, the escarpment and the woodlands of the camp. The tents are very comfortable and service is top notch, each tent with a butler who attends to your needs, including coffee in the morning delivered to your door before your game drive. Renson would leave notes on our pillows - Lala Kama Simba, or sleep like a lion, to assist in our language skills. The staff is warm and happy to share their experiences and local customs. Anne made sure we were well fed upon our return to the camp for lunch and dinners since we usually had breakfast during our morning drive. We also enjoyed sundowners near the river to watch the hippos leaving the river to graze at night - what a sight! We were fortunate to be at the camp after most of the animals had recently given birth so we were able to see the pups, cubs, and babies of all sorts. This camp is truly about the experience, not the accommodations BUT the campsite is very inviting and there is always someone offering food, drinks or other service. We were situated in the last tent near the creek and could hear wildlife throughout the night, reminding us of the reason why a guard is required to walk guests to and from their tents at night. Great fun and a spectacular place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maggie44113
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Everyone is so friendly. What an amazing place. So many animals. We missed the wildebeest but saw all the big 5 and so many. Food good too. The planes are open much like the movie jurasic park, so very easy to see everything.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We spent three nights here and had an amazing time. It was our second safari (see my review of Sasaab Lodge in the Samburu for our first safari) and very different from the first, but equally wonderful. The Mara is definitely busier than Samburu and there are more rules, but the number of animals and size of herds is also much larger. Ann was a fantastic spotter so that we saw not only lots of animals but also lots of babies. A highlight was the rhinos which we saw twice and quite up close. We also saw baby cheetah, lions, warthogs, hyena and more. By the last day, the only thing left to see was a unicorn and Ann even found that (a one tusked elephant)! The food is quite good and Deborah in the dining room took very good care of us. The Masai warrior dance was a lovely spectacle and we enjoyed talking to Dennis who also took us on a walking safari - its very different to walk through the Mara rather than being in the jeep and we were glad to meet Ann who had our sundowner ready and the jeep to take us back. The tents are beautiful, spacious and well laid out. We found that we had all the privacy we could have wanted. This is a gorgeous property and we really enjoyed our stay. &Beyond arranged our whole trip and were exceptional in the properties they chose and the arrangements made for us - we never had to worry about transfers or anything. Thank you to Bronwyn for her help with this magical trip!

Room Tip: You can get a room overlooking the Mara so that you can see game from your balcony, but even if you don't you can see it by the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple