US$100
US$75
US$236
US$200
Agoda.com
CityBlue Creekside Hotel & Suites(Mombasa)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$59
US$118
US$107
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I arrived with wife on June 27,2011,the price of room went up since making reservation from Nairobi the night before. The room had excessive cock roaches,toilet would not flush,and when trying to flush water would leak from around tub.When I went down to desk to report problem one employee was smiling,laughing,another employee present said someone will be up to check problem and as I started back up stairs to room both employee s started laughing. Employee came up to check room and asked if we had taken shower that could be why water is on floor, we stated no.The employee opened toilet,but toilet would still not flush on our next attempt. When we showered next morning drain would no open.The room was dirty and very poorly maintained.I satyed at Lotus in Oct.2005,Apr.2006,Dec.2009 it was good then? Resturant staff still wonderful.

Room Tip: The Castle Royal Hotel on Moi Ave. is great place to stay,great security,servicve,rooms are top rate and the rooms are cleaned twice daily.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank claude f
Lenahbundi, Emarketing Consultant at Lotus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Lotus Hotel during your visit to Mombasa. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We apologize that you were unable to enjoy your time with us during your stay at the hotel as you had unpleasant experience with our staff.

In regards to cockroaches the matter was addressed and investigated by the department concerned unfortunately we don't have a record about this but we shall not fail in being more attentive from now on as it is such comments that helps us to improve our standards for our future guest.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have been caused to you during your stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time

Reviewed 10 July 2011

After spending a wonderful time travelling around Kenya we spent a night at Lotus Hotel in Mombasa on our way down to Diani beach. Contrary to the rest of the trip where we met friendly people and experienced truly great Kenyan hospitality, this hotel was poorly run, dirty and unsafe.
Upon arrival the room was unclean and poorly maintained but worse than this after one night my room was broken into and all my valuables were stolen. The hotel were quick to blame the guest in the adjoining room who had already checked out but I am suspicious as to their involvement (I had only left my room for ten minutes to go downstairs and book a bus journey). The manager Mr Peter Maina was rude, unpleasant and thoroughly unhelpful.
I would strongly advise you to NEVER stay here. There are so many great places in Mombasa and Kenya which deserve your business more...please do not make the same mistake as me it really gave a bad taste to the end of a marvellous holiday!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NancyMcLennan

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Lotus Hotel during your recent visit to Mombasa. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We apologize that you were unable to enjoy your time with us during your stay at the hotel.

We’re very disappointed to hear that you did not wholly enjoy your recent experience with us as some of your valuables were stolen we acknowledge theft took and was reported to the police.

Our manager wrote an email to you but you didn’t respond however investigations have not been closed and since the police issued you with Abstract you can revisit the matter to know the outcome of the police investigations. Our insurers’ are ready to handle the matter on our behalf.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and unfortunately it was a huge mistake.

The hotel is well located and in general terms nice for a hotel of this category. It is a pity that rooms are not clean and there are cockroaches!. I must have killed around 10 of them and we only stayed here for a night (fortunately).

Even worse, this morning while we were having breakfast someone went into our room and stole our camera (with all our safari and trip pictures!) and around €200.

The manager of the hotel refused to help. We asked him to interview the staff and help us find out where the camera was but he just called the "police" who also refused to show us their ID (impossible to tell if they were real police or just part of a trap).

DON'T STAY HERE, please.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Deviajecitos

Thank you for choosing to stay at Lotus and sharing your feedback . It was a pleasure to serve you.

In regards to cockroaches the matter have been addressed and investigated the issue with the departments concerned unfortunately we do not have any record about this. However we shall not fail in being more attentive from now on. We wish to assure you of our untiring effort into taking appropriate measures to keep up the highest standard at Lotus Hotel.

In response to your comments on theft, we would like to refute your comments that the police who came are impostors let me clarify this that the police from Investigation Department don't wear uniform as their role is to track down criminals the only mistake they did was not to show their ID card .However necessary measures to security have been put in place to protect our guest from this incidents in future.

However, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have been caused to you during your stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you and your entire family back to Lotus Hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights before taking the train to Nairobi. Clean and safe and reasonably priced kenyan style hotel. Took a taxi out to Nyali beach for the day which was very enjoyable. Good to have a taster of a proper Kenyan town rather than a tourist resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Lotus Hotel during your recent visit to Mombasa and taking your time to share your valued and very detailed feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with all our services in terms of cleanliness and security as well as your overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights in September and as a reasonably priced option in the heart of Mombasa I'd say it's a good choice. The rooms are small but adequate and all come with air conditioning. There is a restaurant and bar within the hotel itself and the central courtyard area isn't a bad spot to relax with a beer. The staff were helpful and the hotel is only a short walk from the Fort and from the town centre should you feel the need to explore on foot.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with all our services in terms of staff, cleanliness and security as well as your overall experience.