“damn cheater”
Review of Freddy Safaris - Day Tours - CLOSED

Freddy Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Freddy Safaris is a tour operator company who's commitment is to offer tour operator services in the whole of East Africa by taking people with a passion for wildlife, cultural heritage, adventure and exploration to the region's prolific wildlife, and involve you in holiday safaris, honeymoon or romantic safaris, historical safaris, photographic specialized safaris, climbing Africa's highest mountains, self drive safaris, bird watching safaris, camping safaris, walking safaris, biking safaris and horse riding safaris.
Reviewed January 17, 2015

Be careful, this agent is a damn cheater. He used many dishonest reasons to delayed my trip in august and cancelled it without any compensation, even I had paid him more than 6 thousands US dollars. Then this man, Freddy, disappeared, I could not contact with him anymore. I request the administrator to cancel his post in the Tripadvisor recommendation. This man is a damn layer

Date of experience: August 2014
3  Thank maximore

Reviewed October 29, 2014

I decided to use freddy for a safari after all the good reviews on here. I agreed on a safari and a price with him and sent across 50% of the payment upfront which was £1,300 (about $2,000 US dollars). A couple of weeks later freddy emailed me telling me he needed to rest of the money to pay for the accomadation. I smelt a rat and refused. Since then freddy has not replied to my emails, his website has disappeared and I am now left with having to rearrange my safari and pay a lot more as it is being done last minute. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to transfer the money by wire and will never see the money again. If anyone else has got a tour planned and he asks for more money please don't pay and cut your losses now.

Date of experience: October 2014
4  Thank b1gtone
Reviewed October 1, 2014

Based on the strong Trip Advisor reviews, I requested information from Freddy Safari, among others, for a solo 3-day/2-night budget air safari. He presented a couple of options and one was appealing. It came down to his and one from African Memorable Safaris, and I opted for Freddy's. I was impressed with both companies and their quick responses to questions.

Freddy requested the full amount upfront by wire, though agreed to my preference for one-half. He also furnished a contract, though I knew full we'll it would be unenforceable.

Business is taking me to Nairobi and another opportunity unexpectedly arose, so I requested Freddy rearrange my return flight to Mombasa rather Nairobi. After some back and forth over several days, I began to worry whether this guy was legitimate. When it became apparent he couldn't get me a direct flight from Masai Mara to Mombasa, I asked when my flight to Nairobi would arrive to I could arrange to then immediately fly to Mombasa. In response these were his exact words...

"To be very honest the safari airlines are finding hard to sustain flights on certain routes and itineraries due to bad business caused by cancellations as a result of terror attacks and Ebola out break activities. I hope things will work for the better for your requested itinerary."

With that I knew I was screwed. It was plainly and painfully obvious he pocketed the $450 deposit rather than reserve my travel and lodging. I sent direct and stern follow up emails, in including demands for reimbursement, but have not heard from Freddy since (one week ago).

With less than one week to salvage perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity to go on a safari (it's unlikely I will need to return to Africa), I reconnected with Jennifer at African Memorable Safaris. In summary, and because of Jennifer's substantial efforts, safari arrangements were pieced together in just a few days, including a return flight to Mombasa! I am leaving for that safari this Saturday, and I looking forward to writing that review.

Meanwhile I'm out the $450 (and the $50 bank wire fee). But it could be a whole lot worse, and I'm afraid it is/will be for other unsuspecting tourists.

I learned the hard way Freddy's a fraud. I suspect he faked some of the Trip Advisor reviews, but upon closer review, some look legit. Perhaps Freddy has fallen on hard times and is now raking in all he can before the word gets out. Based on this and his last two TA reviews, looks like the word is out.

Date of experience: October 2014
7  Thank John O
Reviewed September 30, 2014

The business manager Freddy himself is not faithfull.
We booked a tour and we pay everything in advance. But our driver asked us money to lend the trip.
That's not professional. He would pay back the money. But untill today we do not refund money!
So be carefull!
After a check up, we discover that his company is not real and do not excist at all.
So we hope that his business ( his fraud) will stop soon.
We already inform trip advisor to stop his account on trip advisor.
We speculate that al the positive reactions on tripadvisor are fake...
So please do not do business with freddy safaris.

Date of experience: September 2014