“The quality in Beijing”
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Park Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #40 of 6,599 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great location with the usual superb standards: that's it!

My first visit to the PHB is matching my expactation with this brand where design matches excellence in service: everithing is almost perfect, including also the courtesy of the staff, ready to support any need you have with efficiency and effectiveness.

View is amazing and rooms are spacious, comfort is maching style in any detail as usual for this brand, confirmed my favourite around the world.

Breakfast on the top floor is a must-have!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mau-travel

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in November 2011 for one night, booked for airport pick up and when arrived to the Beijing airport I couldn’t find the hotel rep. I had to make several calls to the hotel concierge and finally I saw the hotel rep running towards me carrying my name board. I also had to wait outside at the airport for 10 mts for the car to arrive. No apology was extended by the hotel rep! I received a box of chocolate and a apology card in my room from the chief concierge, nice touch!

Check-in was efficient and friendly from the door to the Reception, I went straight for lunch at the lobby restaurant. The server was polite and took my order but he forgot about my desert. I didn’t ask for it as I was rushing for time. The staff at the breakfast restaurant could be a little more friendlier but the food quality was great! Overall the quality of the food in this hotel is super great.

Clean room and great in-room amenities, love the shower, comfort of the bed, linen and the room set up.

The check-out was efficiently handled and friendly staff at the Reception to the door! Overall enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel when visiting Beijing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DG202
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Beijing for a long weekend on our travels through China. The hotel is situated among many hotels and tall buildings on a busy street. Shopping and restaurants are a decent walk away or a short taxi ride away. As you'd expect from any Park Hyatt, the property is sleek and modern. We stayed in a standard king room which was laid out nicely, very clean and decorated just as nice as the common areas. The bed was particularly comfortable and we were pleased that they had enough English language television programming to keep me happy.

We ordered room service on our first night because we were very jet-lagged and we're quite pleased with the quality and taste of our Chinese food (it was better in some cases than some of the meals we had in outside restaurants).

As for the service, it was top-notch. They treated us extremely well because of our Diamond status. The front desk staff and concierges were very helpful and informative. Seeing that we didn't seak Chinese, they were always careful to write down all directions and addresses that we were going to so that taxi drivers could understand.

Good job to all. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmleon72
Reviewed 12 January 2012

In this hotel we were pampered and cared for at the most.

The structure is beautiful and well cared for, the staff very professional waving our name every time we were entring the hall.

The service at this hotel is top notch, the rooms are very spacious (and we had a really huge park suites with beautiful views of Beijing)

The bathroom of the hotel as well as being great, has a basin in stone the size of a small pool.

Every day we found fresh fruit and sweets were brought in the evening for the girls.

The breakfast buffet is complete with Western food and Chinese high quality and made ​​at the time. In addition the staff is very kind.

The room has satellite TV.

The mini bar and room service are perfect.

The heated pool is huge, with beautiful views of Beijing.

The spa is exquisite, the staff professional and friendly. Experience in the experience.

The butler service available for the suite provide you everything you want at any time.

Truly a dream vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank costantina
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed here in a Park Suite last month. This was one of those stays where I really didn't expect much, but was completely wowed. Everything just went extremely smoothly and service was top notch. (And this is coming from someone who is a little demanding in that department).

The concierge, Sabrina, was especially helpful and the bartenders up in the China Bar knew our favorite drinks by the second night. I really wish I had a reason to go to Beijing more often. I will also say that the bathtub in our suite was the biggest tub I have seen in a standard suite.

As an aside, we next stayed in a suite in the Park Hyatt Shanghai and while it was a good stay, service was nowhere near as polished as in Beijing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carsten W
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Really, just a topflight hotel. Rather than saying what I liked about it, I'll say what I didn't: the structure where you go up to the lobby, and then take another elevator back _down_ to the room, is a bit odd. That's pretty much it.

Service is excellent, views are amazing (to the extent they can be giving Beijing air quality), rooms are very comfortable, location is very good.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank James R
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Recently stayed one night at the Park Hyatt on business. Although its about 5 times more expensive than a taxi, I booked the car service to avoid any hassle after a long flight (still much less than a taxi ride in most major Western cities). Very efficient service - person with name board was waiting right at the end of the airbridge and took me all the way through customs! Rooms are very stylish with crisp lines. Rain shower is fantastic and bed is very comfortable. Bathtub is very cool although did not use. Good toilletries. There is a sliding door if you want to separate the bedroom from the bathroom. My only complaint really is that I didn't really like it feeling like everything was in one room - a bit of a claustraphobic feel to the place.

Staff were very helpful and standard of English is high. Only downside seems to be the restauants. Had lunch in the lobby lounge which was OK but quite souless and a rather limited menu. In the evening we ate in the China Grill - superb views from the 63rd floor but bizarre setup in that its so dark you can't even read the menu. The give you a small flashlight so you can read it! Menu was disappointing - we really wanted some Chinese food but the menu is mostly Western so we had to settle for a kind of hybrid prawn and rice concoction of our own. Breakfast buffet (in the same restuarant was much better).

This is only the second time I have stayed in Beijing, having last time used the Regent which I found a bit disappointing. I would say the rooms and service are considerably better at the Park Hyatt and would consider staying again. Only downside is the food situation - if like us you were just passing through for one night and looking for some good local cuisine, you will need to go outside.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business