“Doubletree Hilton Beijing is a Perfect 10*”

Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #48 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree Beijing for one night following a cruise from Vancouver. I rate a hotel by the welcome (excellent) - Personal respect (plenty) and most of all the bed (I'm 6ft 4in) Superb and shower (great rainhead!) and most of all a large Towel.

The staff are superb and most attentive the Bar (happy hour 6pm - 8pm) and Easy Kitchen great service and well stocked buffet.

A little out of the city centre but no problems, supermarket in the basement of the block for supplies and stockup. Business suite with helpful staff for that flight check in and a 3rd floor garden for that escape moment.

In all having stayed around the world the Doubletree is as they state 'a perfect 10' with a *+

Room Tip: Rear of Hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience of your last stay in our hotel…….Our team is very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay, our service and culinary offers. They are excited that you have rated us 10+ and would like to thank you as it is our aim to exceed your expectations.

I hope you and your wife had a great cruise around Asia and retuned safe to Vancouver. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in near future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Booked in by Cruise Company for last night of long trip. Hotel very tall and impersonal and although surrounded by traffic ( isn't all of Beijing!) wasn't noisy.

Dark marble surrounds to everything made a very smart hotel look quite sombre, the corridors are dark but well carpeted so quiet for luggage movements. The large room post-modern with lots of stylish lights in bathroom and around walls,however, no decent mid-room lighting to read by or alter the overhot air conditioning. There are tea/coffee making facilities in room which worked well, but a request for more than 2 tea bags resulted in more coffee being provided and a request for milk involved 2 packs of Coffee Mate!

Ate in-house, as well away from restaurant are...the Easy room on ground floor asked for reservations but was almost empty the night we were there. There is a small a la carte menu and an extensive cold/hot buffet available,however, some difficulty in actually ordering what we needed as waiting staff largely students who had fair English knowledge but probably, to be fair to them,not used to speaking to native English speakers. Food, once delivered, was nicely presented in substantial portions and hot.........although quite expensive compared to other meals taken in China. Drinks,especially wine, were also expensive....

Probably an ideal venue for a corporate event but don't think on our limited experience that ideal for 'the traveller'........

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us. We’re glad to know that you that you have enjoyed your stay and our service provided by us.

I have shared your comments related to the extra tea and milk with the department heads concerned and your comment should assist us in improving our service. Our culinary team is very pleased that you like their food and service provided by them.

Once again thank you very much for your comment and the team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Any hotel that hands me a hot chocolate chip cookie after 31 hours in transit has won me from the start. I know that's a Hilton/Doubletree thing around the world, but I wanted food and a shower in that order and they fit the bill.

I stayed here 2 nights at the start of my vacation in China. My room was good sized and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom too was good sized with plenty of room to move around and good counter space. Everything was perfectly clean and quiet. The wired internet worked well, but the fee for it was sort of high. Other than that, I have no complaints about the room at all.

Breakfast is served in an enormous restaurant and has an equally enormous selection. Problem is it is quite crowded and the lines at the various buffet stations can be long. Heck, even waiting to get a table can be a long wait. I found the breakfast atmosphere too frenzied and loud for my liking that early in the day.

There's an ATM in the hall near the restaurant, which is quite handy.

I was not bothered by location as I was escorted by a local guide and did not have to get around on my own. I had no occasion to engage staff, so can't speak to service.

I'd gladly stay here again if I get the chance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and providing us with your great feedback. Glad to heat that you have enjoyed our DoubleTree chocolate cookie…. I love them as well. As well as the other amenities in the room and the hotel. We are aware that breakfast can be sometimes crowded and noisy, especially during peak hours. However we are trying our outmost to manage the traffic at the various buffet section.

For your next stay we recommend, considering booking an executive floor room, which has a lounge overlooking the skyline of Beijing. At the lounge we serve American buffet, afternoon tea and happy hours in a quiet, relaxed atmosphere

My team and I are looking forward for your next stay with us in near future

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at this property on my own after doing some business in Shanghai. I can't say the hotel is very close to many great sites, but the price was amazing for the value and the staff were most helpful. I'm a Hilton Gold member and so was upgraded upon arrival and given access to the VIP lounge which was didn't have all the perks of most lounges, but an o.k. bar and food.
The most impressive part about my stay was how helpful the staff were. They helped me book a tour of the Great Wall by getting me my own driver for the price of the local tourist buses. They also helped me navigate my way around the area with shopping as I don't speak Mandarin. A great place to stay on business or a couple, but having 2 small children, do not think it would be a great fit for family travel.

Room Tip: Do not pay for the upgraded room if you are a hilton honors as they will probably upgrade you anyway...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments about the friendliness & helpfulness of our staff with them during our next town hall meeting. I am proud to hear that they have exceed your expectation and have delivered the DoubleTree by Hilton renowned CARING service.
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel or any other Hilton Worldwide Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I have just returned from an 8 day stay in the Hilton Doubltree, I have a few comments which I hope people find useful, if I had read this review before I travelled to Beijing I wouldn't have booked this hotel.

The Hilton Doubletree in Beijing is very nice, however the location for a single traveller is terrible (if you are part of a tour group, family or couple and are happy to stay in the hotel, this hotel is will suffice). This hotel is approximately 9 kms from Wanfujing Shopping area (main shopping area in Beijing city centre), 9 kms doesn't sound too far, however in Beijing traffic it's a long way, traffic in Beijing can be chaotic to say the very least.

Some comments about the hotel:

Reception - generally staff were only okay, a number of staff were unfriendly, however some of them were very pleasant.

Bar - was suprisingly small, I thought it was expensive to drink in the bar, however having said that the staff in the bar were exceptional, they were polite, helpful, pleasant, I couldn't fault any staff member in the bar, probably the best service I have received.

Easy Kitchen - buffet breakfeast was amazing, great selection of food (be careful what time you get there at, large tour groups at certain times, usually around 7:30am). The buffet lunch and buffet dinner was excellent, great selection of food. The staff in the Easy Kitchen were similar to the bar, absolutely fantastic.

Restaurant (3rd floor) - I only ate here once, food was nice, staff were okay.

Business centre - internet was SO SLOW, I don't know why they offer this service, I only used the centre out of desperation, staff were generally unfriendly (similar to reception).

Fitness centre - I used the centre 4 times during my stay, the staff were very helpful and polite.

Overall appearance of hotel - overall was very good.

Beijing - if out on a day trip I would recommend bringing toilet roll, wipes and antispetic spray!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dara100
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time and share with us your recent experience in our hotel.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with our service and friendliness of our team members especially in the restaurants, lounge and health club. I have shared the feedback related to the business center and reception with the department head concerned and we will reinforce our DoubleTree CARE culture training to bring the level up with the other department.
Effective last week we have implemented an additional morning shuttle bus to Wangfujing shopping area to make it more convenient for the individual travelers. Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service we provide to our guests so as to make improvements. I do hope to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing or any other Hilton Worldwide hotel.
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is the place I have come to call home over the last 2 years, especially this year.

From the moment you are welcome with a warm cookie (This is also checked back in survey!) which is a nice small token but left a deep impression (Especially true for travellers like myself who always check in late at night)

Caring front desk staff has excellent attitude and very service oriented which makes you really feel at home (Knowing by your name and vice versa after you've become a regular like myself)

The hotel is new and stylish (Just slightty more than 2 years old) and for the price I'm paying, you can't get a better deal in Beijing. I've been offered CBD hotel and service apartment by my company but it's a flat NO from me.

Conceirge goes out to help you get the taxi u need in cold winter morning while asking you to take cover in the warm hotel lobby (My first trip was in the winter of 2010)

Location was never an issue for travellers who understand the notorious nature of Beijing traffic, staying in CBD itself means you have to face taxi driver who will literally "extort" you with meters off just to get to surrounding places in town (Which really puts me off)

I have not yet come across a taxi driver who does not know Guang'anmen Wai Main Street, Shoupakou Bridge, location is not an issue

Chang Chun Street and Xuan Wu Men MRT are is just a RMB 10 taxi ride away (My office is located at Xuan Wu Men). Sogo, Xidan (Huge shopping belt), famous Quan Ju De Peking duck are easily reach

Supermart and restaurant right next to hotel will make your life a breeze and for those not into room service, you get 24 hrs Mac right next to hotel too. Do try the juicy burger at the hotel though, it's juicy as claimed! Well priced Dim Sum buffet on weekends will leave you carving for the next weekend to come!

You get rooms that are clean, new and in full working condition with the large screen TV topping it up. The beds are one of the best and I'm writing this review coming off a lousy night of sleep at another hotel in another city but at higher price, miss the bed and pillows :(.

Once you hit Gold\Platinum, you get the most regular upgrades to suites which also gives you access to the amaZing executive lounge, where coffee is served in tray with cookies and mini glass of water, not just a coffee! The snack and breakfast at the executive lounge is one the most generous I have come across. Staff at breakfast in main lobby provides execellent service for the start of the day with sufficient newspapares and magazines to go around.

The gym and in door swimming pool are in great condition with great help from instructors at the gym. The spa, steam room and sauna are superb as well.

This hotel will surpass your expectations in all areas (Be it cleanliness, facilitis, service.....)

I would not call it a hotel, I call it home! :)

Note: I gave 4 star to location but it will be the same 4 star no matter which hotel I stay in Beijing

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Boon Seng L
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking your time to share your experience when you stay with us. We are glad to know that you’re satisfied with our service, facilities and food we offered. Our helpful staff, homelike rooms, welcome cookies are all stand for Caring service. As the first DouleTree in Asia, my team and I are trying our best to make this brand unique and famous, not only from the decoration and thousands of art works, but the way we treat our customers. What’s more, we get more benefits for regular and membership guests like what you experienced.
My team and I are looking forward for your next stay with us in the not far distant future!

Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is a nice hotel with a very competitive price. The service is pretty good and it can be compared to a 5 start hotel.

Location is not very convenient if you are there for tourism, becuase is far away from most of the attractions and right at the heart of the traffic jam. Lately is packed up with large groups of tourists though. I stay in this hotel whenever I have meetings at the government offices or taking the train going elsewhere, otherwise I tend to avoid this area.

The buffet breakfast is nice and complete, but you have to be careful with the time since tourist groups get there all at the same time (around 7:30 am) and the buffet is a total chaos. The staff become short and very few of them can communicate in English so it is hard to find tables, glasses, juice, etc., and literally you have to fight for your food. If you are alone, watch out for your table because it may be gone easily.

Biggest complaint for me is that the last time I was there they wanted to charge me for ordering an expresso for my breakfast when I have not been charged before. Dear Mr. GM. There is no difference in your cost between your regular coffee or the one that you put in the expresso machine. Why do you spoil your nice service with this awkward policy? The only difference in in the brewing system and for some people (believed or not) expresso is the normal standard.

I have to recognize that the manager of the restaurant make an exception in this policy provided that I was a "good customer" (please Mr. GM make everybody a good customer by making them happy) but it took me a long discussion to reach that point and longer the following day explaining that the manager have "waived this policy" for me.

Aside from this incident the service is good being the concierge the ones who excel. They are always attentive and trouble solving. You may want to tip them though to get an extra caring condition, they are the ones that will be looking for a taxi for you in this remote area where is hard to find taxis early in the morning, but they are always willing to help with an address or anything else.

The worse part is precisely its location, it is hard to find a taxi specially in the mornings and in a rainy day is mission impossible (that is why you want to be nice to the concierge) I have missed more flights staying at this hotel in the past year or so than in my entire traveler life, also due to the traffic conditions in Beijing.

Room Tip: Be sure that you leave the hotel with enough time to the airport. Normal time is about an hour but i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to share your recent experience with us. My team and I are happy to know that you are satisfied with our service, facilities and food except for the “coffee issue”. We’ll brief our F&B team regarding this and avoid such kind of things to happen again. We aim to make customers experience the warmth of home. It’s truly a worthy hotel to choose.
My team and I are looking forward for your next stay in the future!
Kind Regards