1,583 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungesna tourwelcome cookiedepartment storenice hotelthird floorpizza hutthe nearest subway stationchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetpleasant staylobby areaupgraded to a suitebeijing trafficshopping mallring road
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a terrific hotel that tries its very best to keep you comfortable. The staff is great and were very helpful with any requests that were forthcoming. Some mention that this hotel is not in the center but truly that does not matter one bit. It is so easy to get around the city and taxis are safe and inexpensive in Beijing so you can feel free to go anywhere at anytime. As a matter of fact downtown Beijing has no heart and soul so you are honestly better off here. (tip: take the local bus 601 to Temple of Heaven. It's a great way to mingle with the locals, and it is a straight shot and you can't beat that experience for 1 Yuan). Our room was well appointed, the beds comfortable, but watch out for the see through bathroom. The breakfast was also delightful and full of both Western and Chinese treats, both of which we found to be very good.

Room Tip: The hotel does allow smoking so make sure to ask for a non-smoking floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Nitram123,

Thanks for taking time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our services on offer.

We are aware of the challenges getting a taxi in our area and have addressed the concern with the various taxi companies in Beijing and we do hope that the taxi services will improve. The Beijing municipality is investing in the public transport and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel, which should be completed in 2013.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We paid less than £70 a night for a high quality double room with an excellent bathroom and we ate well and at very reasonable cost in the Chinese Restaurant. As a hotel it provides remarkable value for money. But, and in Beijing this is a big but, it is a long way from a metro station and the walk is impossible because of the number of vast dual carriageways which need to be crossed. Getting taxis promptly was a challenge for the concierge (because relatively few of them cruise this largely residential area) and flagging one down to get back was not always easy. So, in short, great hotel, pity about the location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nitram123
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Nitram123,
Thanks for taking time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you are satisfied with the room and dishes we offered. Regarding the location, we would like to inform you that we have implemented a complimentary shuttle bus service to Wangfujing Shopping Center during the morning time, you may check with our Concierge for details. Also a new metro line would be taken into use soon and hopefully you can have the chance to try it when you stay with us next time.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. Rooms were very comfortable and it does offer good value conpared to hotels in financial street or the other Hilton in town.

The location of the hotel is about 15 min away by car from financial street although from google map it does look a lot nearer. Hotels offers a shuttle to financial street and tianamen but it did not run frrequently. In any case getting a cab is quite easy.

Having stayed in Beijing a no of times, my one complaint with the doubletree is the service at conceige. With the Hilton brand I have come to expect impeccable service especially in Beijing. But the Doubletree standard fell quite short with conceige coming cross rather rude when asking about directions.

• Stayed: February 2012
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear keiragopi,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know that your overall experience was great and you were satisfied with the room we offered.

I do apologies that the concierge team did not exceed your expectations. I appreciate if you can share with me the occurrence you had with concierge team, my email is stefan.schmid@hilton.com. Only with comments from our guests, positive or negative, we are able to improve our services.

I do hope you will give us another chance to deliver the true DoubleTree caring experience to you. Should you plan future trips to Beijing, please contact me directly so that I can take care of your booking and personally look after your comfort.

I am looking forward to receive your email with the additional information and me and my team are expecting your next arrival.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My daughter and I spent a month in China last Summer. The bulk of our time was in Shenyang. On either end of our stay we spent a few days in Beijing. On our way home we chose the Doubletree in Beijing. The stay was superlative. We were upgraded to a suite and it was such a treat! The food in the executive lounge was so good that 2 nights we did not even venture out for dinner!! The pool was a little crowded but we went at a busy time. I will stay here again. The staff was super helpful and were non-partisan when helping us arrange for an appropriate price and itinerary for our trip to Mutianyu. It was a bit of a challenge for anyone to get a cab near the hotel so we ended up walking (less than 2 blocks) east and got a ride in 10 minutes. There is a bakery near the hotel that had some tasty sandwiches. I wish we had found it sooner!! Oh yeah, for a fun afternoon go to the 798 Museum. It is about 30 minutes from the Hotel kinda in the direction of the airport.

Room Tip: upgrade to exec level. It is worth every penny
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JDDaley
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear JDDaley,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know you had a good time in China as well as in Beijing and enjoyed your stay with us. The team was very pleased to read that you liked the suite and enjoyed the food and the services we offered. Beijing municipality started to be build a new metro line with a station in short walking distance to the hotel, which will assist to overcome the taxi challenges in the near future. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in not far distance future.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Room is huge, Nice furnitures and everything. Very reasonable priced. The only downside is the location isn't the best. Far from subways, and there isn't much to see around.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Calvin W
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know that you are satisfied with the room, the service and value for money value we offered. We would like to inform you that more than a year ago the Beijing municipality has started the construction of a new metro line, in the meantime we have implemented a complimentary shuttle bus service the Wangfujing in the morning hours.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.