“Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, Beijing, China”

DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #48 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our first experience of a hotel in China was at this hotel.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm chocolate chip cookie and with a bit of a good luck, we were given a corner room.
This being a corner room, we were afforded a good city view, but this being Beijing, we hardly saw the sun (they call it overcast but every body knows it’s pollution). The room was good size with a large 32” flat screen TV and a very comfortable duvet covered bed. There was a good working desk. The bathroom had a full compliment of toiletry, and grooming needs, bath slippers and bathrobe. At first we were surprised that that there seemed to be no privacy between the sleeping area and the bathroom, but by chance we discovered that there was actually an electrically operated privacy screen. We were provided with 2 bottles of drinking water daily, free of charge, and a pay mini bar. The sitting are was ample and comfortable.
The lobby was tastefully decorated and very clean. Good restaurant for breakfast with very good variety.
There is a large department store around the corner and if you must have a Big Mac, a McDonald’s across the street…
Location was not a problem, as we were part of an organized group, so our transportation was taken care of.
Most employees do speak English.
Check out was a breeze.

Room Tip: Can you ask for a corner room/suite?
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toptendog
DoubletreeHilton, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear toptendog,
Your comments about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing made me smile. We are glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service along with our delicious cookie at check-in. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. I have shared your comments with our team and they are pleased to hear that you liked their service on offer. We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.
Stefan Schmid

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My first trip to China and I stayed at this hotel for the first 4 nights of my trip. Admittedly little bit off the beaten track, but taxis being so cheap not a problem. I got to the hotel early and check-in was a breeze, and got my warm cookie. To echo other reviews the concierge was really helpful, but all the staff around that station were, Staff at the front desk also excelled my expectations.
The icing on the cake for me, was that, I had booked this trip as a birthday treat. Even though I had not said anything to staff at the hotel, they contacted me to wish me happy birthday and presented me with a cake. What can I say but 'It's was all good!!!!'

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tricknem
DoubletreeHilton, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Tricknem,

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm delicious cookie at check in. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that concierge staff was helpful! I have shared your comments with the front desk team and they are pleased to hear that you liked their service and the birthday cake that they’ve offered. Our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to our guests from around the world.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

best value for money hotel i found Beijing.was a pleasant stay.Although alot of hustle and bustle because of the size of the hotel.Its more appropriate for business stay.Chose the hotel cause it fit into my budget and its a doubletree.wifi is free in the lobby only,a bit of an inconvenience for the guests.this is done maybe to restrict the usage.Loved the signature choco cookies of doubletree on arrival.rooms are clean and designed well.was a pleasant stay.although the staff at the concierge especially the old one was rude.Although he gave wat was requested.The remaining staff are courteous and helpful.it was a pleasant stay.loved the proximity of mcdonalds close by,just across the street.

Room Tip: choose the room towards the main road.better views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mizalta,
Thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). Your comments will be very important to my team to improve further.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed a night at this hotel so that I could be near to Beijing West Station which I had an early train to catch. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the physical plant itself, you'll feel it's a step down from the Hilton properties one gets in Asia but it's comfortable nonetheless. Checked in was done at the Exec lounge as I was upgraded due to my status with their loyalty program. The lady who checked me in very kindly upgraded me to a exec suite. A big piece of chocolate (or is it double?) cookie was handed to me as is signature of Double Tree. Room is showing its age but still quite plush and the lounge was adequate where they served some nibbles and free flow of drinks in the evening.

Breakfast was good and they feed you well with live egg stations and noodle stations and a good balance of Asian and Western fares. But it's the norm in Asia rather than exception.

The hotel is located in a residential area and catching a taxi was next to impossible in the morning, a fact admitted by the chief concierge who proudly displayed his Les Clefs d'Or pin on his lapels. But he was being as helpful as he could and his subordinates suggested taking the "black" car to the Beijing West which I gladly accepted.

Overall, probably not a good base for tourists who intend to use public transports to explore the city even though they were a good number of American tourists while I was there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
DoubletreeHilton, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear RioJ,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing. We are glad you had a taste of our warm , caring service along with our delicious cookie at check-in. I have shared your comments with the culinary team and they are pleased to hear that you liked their service and food on offer.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

check in took me 30 minute i have no idea why, the rooms are small and stuffy, any requests i had was answered with a NO. the only positive point in this hotel was the concierge,
wont stay here again there are better friendlier hotels available in Beijing. I would say STAY AWAY of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mashgiach
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel May 2-May 9 2012 as part of a tour package. The employee staff were very helpful, friendly and courteous. The room comfortable and modern. Housekeeping was prompt and did a good job. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had good variety. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Beijing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenridersfan
DoubletreeHilton, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear greenridersfan,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with the room, breakfast and our services on offer. I have shared your comments with our team and they are pleased that they have exceeded our expectations and made you feel home a away from home.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in not far distance future.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed here for business and site seeing in early April. A bit away from attractions, however only €2 and 10 minutes by cab to metro. Handy enough for Beijing South railway station. Fantastic 22m Pool which is important to me. Great breakfast buffet, great concierge who organised Taxi for us. Also good price

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business